Pod Your Reef

June 2008 - Basser1

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

June's featured reef profile is our member @basser1 and his 29 gallon nano reef!

featuredreef.jpg

Click the picture above to check out his reef profile! You can find Basser1's tank journal here in our Members Aquariums forum. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for Basser1, and he'll try his best to answer them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is inspiring! My 24 gallon ap will be here tomorrow. :happydance: Wow! I hope mine look like this one day. fingerscrossed This is my first post here but have been reading for months. Not new to salt water but new to nano. This tank and site are amazing. Congrats to you!

Renegade545

Congrats and much deserved. This tank is such an inspiration to us all.

In the full tank shot, where the Jawfish (it is a jawfish right?) is in his hole, What is that orange coral right above him?

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Renegade545.... That is 2 colonies of dendros. The one on the right started out as 1 polyp. I kept feeding it regulaly and then it sprouted 11 new polyps all at about the same time! ;)

Very nice tank! Love the coloration of all the livestock. The colors contrast well, and stand out in a very good way!

This is inspiring! My 24 gallon ap will be here tomorrow. :happydance: Wow! I hope mine look like this one day. fingerscrossed This is my first post here but have been reading for months. Not new to salt water but new to nano. This tank and site are amazing. Congrats to you!

Thanks and Let Me Say.......

:welcome:

Take it slow and be patient!

Good choice - gorgeous tank!

What does the "ORA" mean in the names of so many of our corals?

thanks,

hank

Awesome tank - I love the variety and colors. I see something new in the pictures each time I look.

Much deserved TOTM!

Good choice - gorgeous tank!

What does the "ORA" mean in the names of so many of our corals?

thanks,

hank

HankB...... ORA stands for Oceans Reef and Aquariums. They are a breeding farm for fish and corals and clams. They don't sell direct to the public, but through ORA dealers. I'm fortunate that my LFS has been an ORA dealer for a long time. That's how I got the Picasso Clowns.

Here's a link to ORA:

http://www.orafarm.com/corals.html

Congratulations, what a great looking reef. I can't believe that the photograph at 7 months is of the same tank- you made some good decisions between then and now.

You truly have a beautiful tank, one that would be a great model for anyone who want to start a saltwater reef. Well done.

Renegade545
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Renegade545.... That is 2 colonies of dendros. The one on the right started out as 1 polyp. I kept feeding it regulaly and then it sprouted 11 new polyps all at about the same time! ;)

Thanks very much for your response.

What is the coral on the left side of the tank (Green). It looks like it is on a magnet or growing from the glass and that it has nothing under it. Is that the case? I am lovin that look.

congratulations! great looking tank! i love the layout, i especially like that sps piece in the middle and i normally don't care for stonys. great job! *thumbsup*

Archived