Cultivated Reef

GB: Vortech MP20 and MP40w (gen 2)

StanD

I have a question will the PMed price be the final price for the mp20, or will the price change depending on the number or people buying?? In other words is that price fixed already or subject to change?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question will the PMed price be the final price for the mp20, or will the price change depending on the number or people buying?? In other words is that price fixed already or subject to change?

The PM'd price is the final price with free shipping. The number of requests I have received is large so the vendor went ahead and gave us the lowest price.

Stan

I"m leaning towards an MP40W. How long do I have to decide?

Prices good thru the end of the month. The vendor is being real cool about the timeline. I have 5 paid orders so far. Just PM me when you are ready.

Stan

hey stand do you midn posting the specs of the md40w? esp the operation modes. ie lowest flwo settings etc. thinking of using this in my AA33 but need to save for a bit.... like possibly even as my bday present. lol what can it do? ie. can it pull a tunze nano wave box? or something similar to that?

was thinking of using a mj 900 in the rear return and having one of these pushing the main tank. (sorry if you posted it already didnt see it)

edit:

just want to know if this can be used as a gentle wavebox sub 500

Flow

The VorTech produces from 500 to 3,000 gallons per hour of low velocity gentle water current. The flow is so impressive and broad, that it actually creates an undertow along your sand bed. You will notice an equal amount of flow going out of your pump as you will see going back into it! Moreover, because the flow pattern is so wide, there is no reason to direction the flow, simply place the pump on the back or sides of your aquarium and flow will be created throughout the whole tank.

Wave Motion

Every MP40W model VorTech pump is wave controllable right out of the box! With our new Wireless Wave Driver, the VorTech pump can act autonomously to create waves in your aquarium, or can be synched with other pumps in the tank to create random and pulsing movements. When any one pump is entered into feed mode, the pump will signal all other VorTech pumps to shut down, eliminating the time required for you to turn off each pump individually. No other pump on the market can even compare to the intelligence of the VorTech pump.

Specifications

Flow: 500-3000 gallons per hour

Power Consumption: 9-28 watts

Maximum Motor Temperature: 50-60 degrees Celsius

Aquarium Wall Thickness Range: 3/16”-3/4”

Appropriate Tank Size Range: 20-500+ gallons

Dimensions: Wet Side- 3” diameter by 2.25” long, Dry Side- 3” diameter by 2.25” long

Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 3”

FREE BUMP FOR A KILLER DEAL !

Thanks vader - did you change your mind? Lol....

We're up to 14 confirmed orders. Nice :)

Got my Group Buy MP40w Vortech pump today! Must say that price is very nice. The pump is amazing. Not sure on exact specifications, the manual says 500-3000 GPH and the packaging says 200-3000GPH. But all the programmed modes and options (Night mode! Long pulse! Feeding timer!) This pump is amazing. And everyone worrying about the temperature of the motor housing reaching 140F, Well Ive got mine on little less than half power and the housing is barely warm to the touch, been running for about 10 hours now.

Favorite mode : Reef-crest random.

The mode works great, since my goal was to get a reef crest look in my aquarium.

Thanks StanD

Got my Group Buy MP40w Vortech pump today! Must say that price is very nice. The pump is amazing. Not sure on exact specifications, the manual says 500-3000 GPH and the packaging says 200-3000GPH. But all the programmed modes and options (Night mode! Long pulse! Feeding timer!) This pump is amazing. And everyone worrying about the temperature of the motor housing reaching 140F, Well Ive got mine on little less than half power and the housing is barely warm to the touch, been running for about 10 hours now.

Favorite mode : Reef-crest random.

The mode works great, since my goal was to get a reef crest look in my aquarium.

Thanks StanD

+1

Mine arrived yesterday and has been running since. Very easy dealing with StanD and his supplier, recommend that you guys jump on this deal while it's still active.

+1

Mine arrived yesterday and has been running since. Very easy dealing with StanD and his supplier, recommend that you guys jump on this deal while it's still active.

Glad to see they're starting to be received. If anyone wants pricing, please PM me.

Stan

so how many buyer you have already ?

So far 20 pumps ordered, 18 paid, 14 shipped (becasue 4 are MP20). The vendor is QUICK!!

Just got my pump today! Looks awesome and I can't wait to see it in action here.

Folks, I highly recommend working with StanD. Prompt turnaround on all my requests. I ordered this via StanD and it was at my door 2 days later! I'll keep my eye out for more GB's with StanD.

Thanks again.

Just got my pump today! Looks awesome and I can't wait to see it in action here.

Folks, I highly recommend working with StanD. Prompt turnaround on all my requests. I ordered this via StanD and it was at my door 2 days later! I'll keep my eye out for more GB's with StanD.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the props Jay - but I'm just the messenger. The vendor is the one who turned it around quickly. IMHO, that's a very good quality to have in a GB vendor.

Stan

Archived