Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

GB: Vortech MP20 and MP40w (gen 2)

StanD

^^^^

What he said......

Any update on this? When did you talk to him? They are on his website listed as "In-Stock Ready to Ship."
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Ecotech jumped the gun a bit. Only a limited number of MP20 pumps were released. I'm guessing a 1 week delay...

Ecotech is holding Tom's shipment because they don't have enough pumps to send it to Tom. Tom ordered over 38K worth of vortech pumps, more than 1/3 mp20 that ecotech had instock.

Why don't you guys go to ecotech forum on RC and ask ecotech people why they are holding Tom's shipment. I went to Tom' shop and he was out of ecotech pump, even the mp40w.

Tom was very frustrated over this issue but he can't do anything beside waiting. Ecotech only had limited number of mp20, I saw it on one of Tim's from ecotech e-mail sent to Tom.

That's great. Sounds like the demand has exceeded their manufacturing ability. I hope they aren't rushing these into production at the expense of quality just to put something into customer hands.

Ecotech is holding Tom's shipment because they don't have enough pumps to send it to Tom. Tom ordered over 38K worth of vortech pumps, more than 1/3 mp20 that ecotech had instock.

Why don't you guys go to ecotech forum on RC and ask ecotech people why they are holding Tom's shipment. I went to Tom' shop and he was out of ecotech pump, even the mp40w.

Tom was very frustrated over this issue but he can't do anything beside waiting. Ecotech only had limited number of mp20, I saw it on one of Tim's from ecotech e-mail sent to Tom.

Thank you for this info. This clears things up a lot from your last post. As for asking ecotech why they are holding Tom's shipment....I think you answered that yourself - they don't have the supply.

Also from the feedback on this site - I don't think Tom would lie about this issue; he is waiting like the rest of us.

I don't think anyone has suggested that Tom isn't reliable. You stated that there may be some sort of delay and that Tom told you ecotech only had a limited number of MP20's. When I saw your post, I went to Tom's site and noticed that under MP20 the status had changed from "pre-order now" to "in-stock ready to ship." I just wanted to know what he had told you so that I wouldn't have to bother him. Although I don't doubt he's reliable...if he hasn't yet received his shipment from ecotech he may not want to advertise on his site that the MP20's are "in-stock ready to ship"...but that's just my opinion.

Thanks again for the info. I think we were all just looking for some updated info...delays happen and we all understand....it's just nice to be updated every now and then.

Also SoCal Tropical Fish is located on the other side of Ecotech Marine so shipping is expected to be slower than the other online shop.

That's great. Sounds like the demand has exceeded their manufacturing ability. I hope they aren't rushing these into production at the expense of quality just to put something into customer hands.

It seems odd to me that they're having problems with production. I mean, isn't the driver the only thing different from the MP40w? Although I suppose the driver is likely the most difficult thing to produce.

Thank you for this info. This clears things up a lot from your last post. As for asking ecotech why they are holding Tom's shipment....I think you answered that yourself - they don't have the supply.

I don't think anyone has suggested that Tom isn't reliable. You stated that there may be some sort of delay and that Tom told you ecotech only had a limited number of MP20's. When I saw your post, I went to Tom's site and noticed that under MP20 the status had changed from "pre-order now" to "in-stock ready to ship." I just wanted to know what he had told you so that I wouldn't have to bother him. Although I don't doubt he's reliable...if he hasn't yet received his shipment from ecotech he may not want to advertise on his site that the MP20's are "in-stock ready to ship"...but that's just my opinion.

Thanks again for the info. I think we were all just looking for some updated info...delays happen and we all understand....it's just nice to be updated every now and then.

Funny because I asked him the same question about his online store showing instock ready to ship; his answer was last week when ecotech told him that they will send his first mp20 out on Friday for Monday 07/28 arrival. So Tom went to his website and changed the status from "pre-order" to "instock" but later during the week he was told by ecotech that his shipment is not coming.

Tom was very busy the last few days, I don't know if you guys recall we had a 5.3 earthquake in southern california and it was right next to Tom's store. About 150-200 gal of water spill on the floor...well Tom spent the next few days redoing his electrical work, plumbing...so this could be the reason behind everything.

If it's so important, I will ask him to change the status on his website.

Don't get anyone wrong, nobody is blaming Tom here. I'm thankful to all involved to get the MP 20 for that price. I have full confidence that as soon as he has the shipment in the store my order will be right back out the door. And thanks again for your updates, darthvader.

Don't get anyone wrong, nobody is blaming Tom here. I'm thankful to all involved to get the MP 20 for that price. I have full confidence that as soon as he has the shipment in the store my order will be right back out the door. And thanks again for your updates, darthvader.

+1

darthvader - no one is trying to question Tom's reliability or professionalism. We were all just confused b/c we have been getting different answers from different people...and we just wanted clarification. Here in Ohio, I don't pay much attention to earthquakes.....but you're right, that could explain some things. Like YeahitsK said, we're all very thankful for this amazing deal and we're confident that Tom is doing everything he can to get us our pumps. Regarding the "in-stock ready to ship" status....it isn't really that important to me....it just caused greater confusion b/c of conflicting information. I could care less if he changes it, I just personally think that it would be the smart thing to do to prevent others from getting angry when they chose to order from him rather than another online retailer, only to find out that he doesn't have them in stock. Thanks again for the info/updates and please don't take any of our questions/confusion the wrong way. No one is accusing Tom of anything....other than offering us an awesome deal on a great product.

wow... lotsa replies for so little action. It's hard to be patient, but I've seen this before from ecotech.

I preordered the original MP40 when it was announced. So of course, it was delayed for a month or so. Then I had all sorts of problems with it just being junk. Hopefully, the same mistake from ecotech isn't going to happen again. Oh yeah, back then, Ecotech stopped taking preorders for awhile, took a second batch of preorders, then could only fulfill the 1st round of orders on the release date. I have a pretty good guess that this will take awhile for every single person to get theirs, but perhaps it won't be as bad as it was with the first MP40 -- especially when you consider that the only difference from the MP40w is the driver.

I just posted on RC (SDeckard) under the Ecotech sponsor forum to ask if they have shipped Tom's order. Feel free to add your voice to the thread.

Thanks,

Stan

"From RC:

"Tom's order went out last week as scheduled. It should arrive middle to late this week.

-Tim""

My pump is on its way!

Yes, I went to SoCal Tropical Fish today and Tom's was busy packing and shipping all the back order out. You guys should be getting it very soon.

Tom's got about 150+ pcs instock.

Got mine today and one of the pin spacers is totally bent out of whack. This is how it was in the box:

Vortech002.jpg

Also, I don't know if this is common, but the wires were exposed as well. Let me know if this is typical.

Vortech004.jpg

I'm pretty bummed about the pin spacer, b/c they aren't covered under the warranty b/c they bend so easily. I started a thread on RC and I hope EcoTech takes care of my problem. I'm just afraid that they'll accuse me of bending the pin since it isn't covered under warranty. IMO if something isn't covered under warranty, they really need to make sure it isn't broken when they ship the item. I will keep everyone updated about what EcoTech handles the situation. If they make me pay for a new pin spacer I am not going to be a happy camper - I paid too much money for a product to arrive with an unwarranted, broken part. Just thought I'd share.

Got mine today and one of the pin spacers is totally bent out of whack. This is how it was in the box:

Vortech002.jpg

Also, I don't know if this is common, but the wires were exposed as well. Let me know if this is typical.

Vortech004.jpg

I'm pretty bummed about the pin spacer, b/c they aren't covered under the warranty b/c they bend so easily. I started a thread on RC and I hope EcoTech takes care of my problem. I'm just afraid that they'll accuse me of bending the pin since it isn't covered under warranty. IMO if something isn't covered under warranty, they really need to make sure it isn't broken when they ship the item. I will keep everyone updated about what EcoTech handles the situation. If they make me pay for a new pin spacer I am not going to be a happy camper - I paid too much money for a product to arrive with an unwarranted, broken part. Just thought I'd share.

I had the same problem with the wires, I just pushed them into the gromet and it's good. The pins were really bend when you got it? Seems like some sort of QA would catch that?

I had the same problem with the wires, I just pushed them into the gromet and it's good. The pins were really bend when you got it? Seems like some sort of QA would catch that?

Yeah....I wasn't too surprised by the wires. The pin looked exactly as you see it straight out of the box. I really hope I don't get screwed b/c EcoTech thinks that I screwed it up by forcing it....b/c I didn't even touch it.

ecotech will take care of your issue, I am sure eveything will be fine. Their customer service is the best out there.

Yeah....looking at their thread on RC, their customer service seems to be top-notch. I'm not really worried about it, just bummed. The only reason I worry at all is b/c of how much I paid for this thing...I don't want to have to pay any more than I already have.

It is nice to have manufacturers have threads on forums b/c imo, they are much more likely to have good customer service - otherwise people can really burn them on the forum and let everyone know that their service sucks.

Archived