Innovative Marine Aquariums

Texan's 10G: UPDATE 9/16

irishtexan

Oh ok yeah I bet mine is with the stock bulb too.

Ok should I get a 14K bulb, or a 20K of some kind? I like a bluer look but mine is really white at times.

Does anyone have a pic of their tank with a 70W 20K?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah cause with the stock 14K sometimes it looks awesome and has a nice blue hue, but then other times it looks so white its almost a yellowish color. I cant decide if I want to go for the 20K or 14K though. I wish I had a good reference to go by.

UPDATE!!! :D

Ok sorry for the wait. This weekend I am going to scrape the glass and get rid of all the coraline that is really starting to take over the glass. Here are the pics of the new GBTA and an updated FTS.

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

FTS:

IMG_0899.jpg

Thanks guys! Im not too worried about the BTA actually. It moved closer to the xenia but its not bothering it any.

I HATE dirty tanks. I do WC at least once a week.

nice tank alot of the same stuff as my cube.I do keep a clam under my 70mh and if look at pic in my build can see it is doing very welland growing.i really wanna try a rbta in mine and you made feel little better about it.

good luck with it all

Thanks guys for all the comments! B)

I will get an updated pic soon cause I added a purple mushroom rock, and moved some stuff around.

-texx

Hey btw, how do the clownfish and gramma get along? I was thinking of that same combo in the 10g I am setting up (hopefully) this week, but I know grammas can get to be bullies.

• 6 months later...

hey guys! its been sooooo long since ive been on here. i cleaned most of everything out and pretty much started over livestock wise. I still have the two clowns and one of the small GBTA babies but i was just getting tired of not being able to clean all of the glass due to the fact that the rock was so close to the glass.

So, new scape! will post pics soon.

-texx

Awww...I loved the two island thing you had going on....

BUT I'll hold Judgment until you show us pics of the new layout. :)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys!

things got a little crazy around here and the tank got kinda neglected, leaving the dragons breath macro and sea lettuce to grow to extreme amounts.

I ended up getting rid of the clams because i was going out of town for some time and i was just worried that they wouldnt do well and they were too awesome to waste away.

Pics to come.

ps- I still have the two island thing, just scaled down. This time i wanna keep it minimal.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived