Innovative Marine Aquariums

Summer Clean Out Sale

Reef Chicks

That Nova II is tempting, but I'm afraid the magnetic ballast would raise my electric bill too much. Also, is this the fixture you just purchased a few weeks ago? If so, why are you selling so quickly?

I recently placed an order, got the tracking info & checked for 3 days before it ever showed on FedEx as going anywhere. It was almost here by then. In case you are worried, she's a good seller/buyer!

Greatreef777

Yes, Aly is a good buyer/seller. Thumbs up.

Coralcrazy: you shouldn't worry. It will get there. :D

I recently placed an order, got the tracking info & checked for 3 days before it ever showed on FedEx as going anywhere. It was almost here by then. In case you are worried, she's a good seller/buyer!
Yes, Aly is a good buyer/seller. Thumbs up.

Coralcrazy: you shouldn't worry. It will get there. :D

+1 for Aly.

Reef Chicks

Oh boy! Sorry I've been MIA guys... I went to my father-in-law's farm for the long weekend and they have no internet access. I logged in yesterday from my sister-in-law's blackberry and managed to send out one pm before I called it quits. Managing that thing proved way too much for me.

Yes, everything has been shipped and I have tracking numbers. I believe I provided you yours coral-crazy, but if its still not there, shoot me a pm so I can call the post office or try to figure out where it is.

Thanks to everyone who helped reassure those who were worried. I stand by my word and name here on N-R. If things don't make it the way they are supposed to I will make things right.

Reef Chicks

xbwolfx - I never got to run the Giesemann. I waited for it so anxiously and the same day I got it, my husband bought one from our LFS with 4 T-5s on it. It is the most monstruous looking thing I've ever seen and I much prefer the clean, sleek look of the Giesemann, but I wasn't about to fight a battle I could not win. This is truly a nice fixture. I got it from GreatReef777, so he can vouch for how nice it is. BTW, I had 6 tanks running at one point, 3 of them with MH with magnetic ballasts, and my light bill went up by maybe a few bucks ($4 or $5 at most). I don't understand how people say their light bills sky-rocketed. Mine barely flinched.

Crabbeo - yes, I have pics. I'll post them shortly.

Ok, I'm really sorry to ask more questions....but does the Nova II have a bulb included, and if it does, what type and how old is it?

I'm basically looking at buying either your Nova II or a 20" Sunpod 250w.......the Sunpod is the same price and includes a brand new bulb and I'd rather not have to hang the light, so that is a plus. On the other hand, this light is going over a 30g oceanic cube, so using the Sunpod may result in having to purchase a chiller or hang the fixture anyway b/c it sits so close to the surface of the water, whereas I have to hang the Nova and could control heat a bit better by hanging it higher. Also, the Nova II is sexy - so that is a plus....haha.

Thanks again......I'm sorry to be a pain....I'm just trying to figure out how to keep my new tank within budget.

Reef Chicks

No problem! Yes, the Nova II comes with a 13k bulb that does not look to have much use on it. I can't know for sure because I did not use it (just tested it). I will find out and pm you with exact numbers. And if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. It is best to make an informed purchase, especially with pricey items, such as a light.

Reef Chicks

coralcrazy - I pm'd you yesterday but you did not respond. Here is a copy of the receipt. I called the post office at 772-778-3059 and spoke to Susan who informed me that this package has an estimated delivery date of 5/27/08, which is today, but that due to the holiday yesterday, it could be delivered as late as Thursday (go figure!). Please let me know when you receive it.

receipt001-1.jpg

Reef Chicks

I asked that question a while back and all I got was that it was too big for my 50 gallon. So I would say 75 gallon +.

Reef Chicks

Original post updated with what is left and some prices have been changed. PM me if interested.

I got the light in the mail today - boy that was quick! Also, I think the ballast is actually electronic rather than magnetic (based on a sticker that says "Elec Ballast") - so that's a plus. Thanks again....you are an awesome seller!

Reef Chicks

That shows you! I didn't even open up the plastic bubble wrap so I had no idea if the ballast said anything... that was pretty funny. I am glad it made it there ok and that you are happy with it. I look forward to seeing pictures of it on display.

Reef Chicks

The bulkheads will go out tomorrow to UWW. Since its not much cash, I am trusting you here, in the hopes that another Louie does not lurk within... we'll see.

Archived