Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Symbiotic's Picotope

Symbiotic

Well, I've had so much fun starting my 24g, I couldn't resist when my LFS had the JBJ Picotope for $30, so I kinda snuck one home and set it up in the kitchen while my wonderful wife was out - I think she gets new carpet and paint now - fair trade :lol:

Anyway, I've had this running since April 10th and have over the past several weeks threw in a few corals and two gobies. Of course during this whole time I have been following Sarah's Finnex thread and it's almost like watching a novelist write her story chapter by chapter, so I am almost kind of embarrased to post this as it won't be anywhere near as exciting. Anyway, here's what I got......

JBJ 3gal Picotope born April 10, 2008

Hardware includes stock nano filter (running pura-pad), Rio 50 (w/flow cut down), and 9w JBJ pc light (may upgrade)

Furnuture includes 5 lbs live sand and 5 lbs Kaelini live rock

Livestock includes 2 Nassarius, 2 Astreas, 2 Blue Hermits, yellow and green clown gobies (1 each)

and finally, the garden is decorated with palythoas, yellow polyps, xenia, and gsp from my 24g, some Zoanthids, a toadstool, and 4 loose mushrooms from my LFS (ergo the Barny Rubble in the rubbermaid - hah).

No fancy shots, just two pictures of it started and today - enjoy, Symbiotic

and oh yes, I almost forgot - later this summer I plan on adding some sexy shrimp in the hopes that Lalani will let me onto here official thread :lol:

my 9-day shot....

Symbiotics_Pico_18-April-08_9-DO.jpg

and as of today (37 days old)

Symbiotics_Pico_17-May-08_37-DO.jpg

It's glass, fits the kitchen counter well, and I like it. But there are a few things I'd like different. Maybe somethnig with a top as this seems to lose about a half a cup of water each day and a little more light would be nice, my palys seemed happeier in the nano-cube. But, the mushrooms are happy, the zoas look good, the gsp is extended, the xenia is pulsing, and well, the crabs are crabby - so who's complaning!

Always Symbiotic...

• 1 year later...
aww man how do you glue rics :( ?

They've been hooked to small rubble and sand - makes it easy, but notice the one not attcahed to anything, it had no rubble for me to fix onto the rocks :-)

what do you even use to glue? super glue gel? I don't even have a clue on how that works or where to get it...needless to say all my frags are just placed where ever they can support themselves :(

what do you even use to glue? super glue gel? I don't even have a clue on how that works or where to get it...needless to say all my frags are just placed where ever they can support themselves :(

super glue gel - works like a charm

Archived