Coral Vue Hydros

TJ's Office Solana - Better pics 09/25/09

TJ_Burton

no fun... you get a blue teardrop maxima before me. :( nice tank btw. i think a red montipora setosa would look nice in there.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wondering if you have enough flow for all thoughs sps corals.

I believe I do. Especially with such open concept rock work. There is flow everywhere. I actually had a rough time placing my mushrooms since I couldn't find a spot with low enough flow for them. A few actually detached and floated off to other areas in search of lower flow.

The SPS have great polyp extension, and are showing no signs of stress at this point. However, only time will tell. I will take macros of the SPS in a week or so to show how they are doing.

How did you stick the rocks together TJ? Zip ties?

Naw, they are just leaning on one another... LoL - I had plans to use Two Little Fishes epoxy, but I still haven't bothered yet. I really should though! I will probably do that on Sunday.

Naw, they are just leaning on one another... LoL - I had plans to use Two Little Fishes epoxy, but I still haven't bothered yet. I really should though! I will probably do that on Sunday.

carefull... press too hard and your rocks will tumble.

carefull... press too hard and your rocks will tumble.

They are actually sitting quite sturdy, which is the surprising part. Which has probably also aided in my procrastination.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright - Update time!

I have since added a green acro goby (clown goby sp.) and a six line wrasse. Also added a new plate coral. I have also taken the time to glue the rocks together using two little fishes brand putty.

I am going to make a stop at the LFS on my way to work tomorrow and grab some peppermint shrimp if they have any available, and possibly some other goodies :)

I will bring my camera to work tomorrow and take some pics as well.

---------------------------------------------------------

My stock skimmer is running great! Gives a thick consistent skimmate that I remove weekly. I have also added one more Koralia Nano to the right side of the tank, the flow is pretty intense now, and I don't think the shrooms like it too much but they aren't exactly that important to me.

I am very much considering changing the stock lighting. I don't feel it gives enough intensity/spread. Acros right under the light do great, those on the outskirts are losing color. I am considering a 250w MH.

Pics coming soon.

And here come the pics!

FTS Shots:

FTSFrontal.jpg

FTSLeftAngle.jpg

FTSRightAgle.jpg

Top Down Shots:

DonutCoral.jpg

PlatePearlBubble.jpg

TeardropMaxima.jpg

Frogspawn.jpg

LPSShelf.jpg

PurpleAcro-1.jpg

NewAcroUnknown.jpg

MontiSpumosa.jpg

ToxicGreenAcro.jpg

BabySquammy.jpg

And lastly, my blue/purple digitata finally getting some color. Not sure if anyone remembers me get brown digitata freebies a long while back (from the 20L holding tank). Well - this is what it is beginning to look like!

BlueDigitataMacro.jpg

Hey TJ, your tank looks great! I'm always looking to learn more about SPS upkeep, and yours are nothing short of a show-off! Anyways, are you dosing anything to the system that I missed in your thread? I really like your rockwork, it has that nice natural yet intentional feel. Keep us updated!

Great shots TJ, the tank looks great!

Thanks! :) I just need to add some nice caps, some more sps, and more zoas! I am sure I will never really be "done" with it, but I am happy with how it is coming along.

UNREAL TANK

Thanks for the kind words :happy:

Hey TJ, your tank looks great! I'm always looking to learn more about SPS upkeep, and yours are nothing short of a show-off! Anyways, are you dosing anything to the system that I missed in your thread? I really like your rockwork, it has that nice natural yet intentional feel. Keep us updated!

I dose all Brightwell Aquatics products on this tank: Reef Code A & B (calcium/buffer), PhytoGreen-M, PhytoChrom, Zooplanktos-L, and Lugol's.

I will do some test today and tell you where my params are sitting.

dude... you get awesome clams in canada... :angry: couldn't find a squamosa right now if i tried... let alone a blue teardrop maxima.

dude... you get awesome clams in canada... :angry: couldn't find a squamosa right now if i tried... let alone a blue teardrop maxima.

The squammy is tiny - and aqua cultured. It's about 1.25" and it took me months to find. The maxima was pure luck - being at the right place at the right time.

The squammy is tiny - and aqua cultured. It's about 1.25" and it took me months to find. The maxima was pure luck - being at the right place at the right time.

naaah... you has hacks

Beautiful pictures....that teardrop maxima is amazing. I could just sit there and stare at the clam for hours.

Beautiful pictures....that teardrop maxima is amazing. I could just sit there and stare at the clam for hours.

Yeah, I know what you mean! I really lucked out finding that clam.

Archived