Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Parasitic cysts on a damsel?

pulpsmack

I just noticed something peculiar on the posterior (tail) section of my yellow-bellied blue damsel (pomacentrus caeruleus). There are about 5 or 6 cysts-like bumps larger than a grain of sugar, smaller than a grain of sand forming a linear pattern (though there is a slight arc to it). The color is hard to discern because it is on a yellow section of the tail, perhaps white, perhaps natural (yellow/clear). It is only on one side of the fish. Any ideas as to what this is and any treatment suggestions? I made a rendition of the "malady" on a blue damsel picture. As this is only a simulation, I colored the bumps red for contrast. Thanks for the help.

sick1.jpg

Thanks for the response anyway Delph. It's been so quiet here that I thought I'd have to post a solution for my own problem! The "bumps" do not appear to be spreading today and the damsel is acting normal as well. I will update you with any changes. By the way, what's this garlic business? I think I will check some old posts out.

• 3 weeks later...

i would actually use a garlic product by ecosystem aquariuns the product is called garlic elixer it works really well!!!

Archived