Cultivated Reef

The Great Snail Race

johnmaloney

johnmaloney

And it is on! The Great Snail Race is scheduled for Thursday May 22nd. It will feature 12 of the leading Nassarius snails in the sport today, vying for first dibs on a smelly dead fish in the 12 inch dash. The race will be taped and broadcast later that evening on YouTube and on our webpage. Stay tuned for more details, and how you can place your wager on the snail you think can take it all.

(No actual betting, everyone will get a free try, and will win gift certificates if they get the winner right-stay tuned for odds and prizes)

Matty1124

hahahaha this will be funny... i hope they all start under the sand and do the whole night of the living dead start

johnmaloney

The crashes... :lol: That is classic. Sorry the race will be held in a bare bottom plastic bin, no sand= no friction. We want these speeds to be topped out! (Plus the snails might mix themselves up a bit). Prizes to follow soon.

Be sure to paint little numbers on the side..

One of them you should paint a S, so people on the side line can say.. Look at that S Car Go!

TheUnfocusedOne
Be sure to paint little numbers on the side..

One of them you should paint a S, so people on the side line can say.. Look at that S Car Go!

:lol:

lol good times

u should have it on a piece of glass sloped down so they can just slide haha

when mine are on the glass and they smell food it takes them about 1 sec to slide down the glass. its pretty funny to see

johnmaloney

Too quick I think! My brother is a big fan of Dale, he might be alright with naming the winner Dale but won't accept it if he loses. :)

johnmaloney

So here are the rules of the race and the betting system:

You can place four "bets", the associated prizes are as followed:

1. To win ($10 gift certificate)

2. To place ($5 gift certificate)

3. The trifecta ($25 gift certificate)

4. The doesn't exist in real racing double trifecta. Get the first six in the correct order and win a $50 gift certificate and a free soft coral from our tank.

If you have any questions please post them, on the great snail race thread on our support forum which is located here:

http://reefcleaners.org/index.php?option=c...=14&catid=2

Race lineup will follow. Stay tuned.

The disclaimer: No purchase is necessary, void where prohibited. Full contest rules can be found on our website, www.reefcleaners.org. Despite the terms "wager", or "bet", there is no charge for guessing the order of the race, and this race is in no way actual gambling. It is simply a shameless promotional gimmick :). Have fun!

johnmaloney

What do you guys and gals think about a friendly competition between the forums we sponsor? I was thinking of putting in say an additional 5% to the permanent discount we give the forums. (We haven't established one yet for nano-reef- but we do have a trial discount for 25%). Let me know what you think, it would work like total winnings from all the members of the each particular forum would be added up, and the forum with the highest winnings gets an extra 5% permanent discount. I want to have it friendly, as each of the forums offer their members something unique, whether it is area size, or size of the tank, etc....

Needreefunds
What do you guys and gals think about a friendly competition between the forums we sponsor? I was thinking of putting in say an additional 5% to the permanent discount we give the forums. (We haven't established one yet for nano-reef- but we do have a trial discount for 25%). Let me know what you think, it would work like total winnings from all the members of the each particular forum would be added up, and the forum with the highest winnings gets an extra 5% permanent discount. I want to have it friendly, as each of the forums offer their members something unique, whether it is area size, or size of the tank, etc....

Now, why would we want an additional 5% discount. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sure we would John!!

Bring 'em on, NR Rules!! :owned:

johnmaloney

I talked to the admin of another forum I sponsor, and I think that it is what we will do then. Let the games begin! :)

Best of luck to you team nano-reef!

johnmaloney

Each person who places a wager on the Great Snail Race will earn winnings that will be credited to that forum. The forum whose members take home the most winnings will get an additional 5% discount at our store. Each of the forums we sponsor offers something unique to its users, and we are proud to sponsor each of them, but there is nothing wrong with a little friendly competition. Come on out and support your site, may the luckiest forum win!

johnmaloney

Come on nano fans! Get out there and support your site, even if you don't need the cleaners. (By the way I now know that not all of you have what I would consider nano-tanks...but don't worry your secret is safe with me ;) )

Archived