Pod Your Reef

Diggman's 2gal Pico

diggman08

Hey Digg....sweet pickups for sure. I really like those florescent daisies and that variety of star polyps. The polyps look like they are dark green with hints of purple almost.

Although they do look kinda small, I'm sure with your care they will be growing like crazy.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks guys... i know im some what dissappointed in the size of these frags i really thought they weere gonna be bigger....

Fiction thanks for the site... im waitin for you to send me some of your Daisy. so i dont have to go search on here for them:) :)

Bonsai.. yeah they are starting to open a little.. but not likke they should.. im going to relocate them and maybe do a DIP.

Smoknata yes its submersable.. i bought it from a member on here.

Dive thanks for the kind words as always

my next Addition will be some Bright Deep Red Mushrooms.. one of the LFS about 1 hour aways has all the nicest stuff. so i think ill be makin a drive and pickin some up... i think they will look good right in the middle in between the Blue Shrooms and the GReen White Stripe shroooms...

and im going to glue the little frags i got within the rock work.. o and i need to get a baby peppermint shrimp also,.. have a few apitasia..

even with water changes every week... i cant keep the acrylic clean.. i mean the next day after scrubbing and what not.. that brown dots and gunk is back on there... what could be the deal??? ive never had to clean a tank soo much... i have Chaeto in the HOB... maybe just some snails will do the trick

Hey Digg

What are you using to keep things clean? Does C Jerome have a Nimble thats acrylic safe?

I can't wait till it's time to add a CUC to mine

hey angel.. ive been using a tooth brush and filter floss... i think jerome has acrylic nimbles.. dont think there stong enough though... because i have to literally scrub HAARRDDD to get these brown dots offf.. its really been T'ing me off :rant:

Hey Digg. I get these occasionally as well and usually have to go to town on them with a razor blade. It usually takes them a month or two before they get to a point where I have to go that drastic. I'm not really sure it there is anything out there to handle it biologically (snails, etc.).

I understand what a pain they are for sure.

yeah dive the biggest pain is i cant put the Razor Blade to this acrylic.. it will for sure scratch the livin you know what out of it..

I was thinking the same thing....and you said that you don't think the Nimble would be strong enough? I know that there are a lot of people on here that really live by those. I was thinking of getting one myself since the mag float is kinda weak sometimes. Maybe worth a shot asking around or asking him about it.

yeah they opened... they kinda loook like the ones i already have in there...

i cant get over the amount of cleannin i have to do with this thing though... its crazy.. hey can i actuallly mix Purigen and ChemiPure into the same pouch??? i dont see what it would hurt... im thinkin that will help keeping that lil 2galllons of water sparkling clean... i also may need to get a small zoo-med powerhead to get that sand agitated more..

If I remember right, the pouch that the purigen comes in is a finer mesh than the Chemi-pure bag, right? If not, I don't see why it would do any harm to mix them together.

im gonna do it... i canjust cut open the purigen pouch.. pour about half out and save it.. then pour half Chemipure in.. and zip tie it back up... i guess it should work..lol...

Well, I'm a fan of Pura Filter media and Polyfilter -- I feel I get the same benefits of Chemi-Pure, but the ability to cut it to size and cram it in a HOB filter anytime!

wow!... Road Trip Zombo :)

so i got bored and snapped a few eye candy shotss...

o and i also added the purigen... simply to a purigen Unit.. cut a slit in the top.. poured half of it out.. then superglued the slit back shot.. and heated with a lighter to seal it... i can already tell a difference in the water clarity... i put it in the HOB under the Chaeto... i know its in good flow because the little beeds are churning in the pouch..

Orange Envy Yuma

DSC01239.jpg

i love these Shrooms.. notice the little spike things coming out of them.. pretty cool i think

DSC01240.jpg

my Burple's

DSC01241.jpg

a CRAPPY CRAPPY FTS for Dive.. sorry dude.. ill get a better one soon..

DSC01243.jpg

yeah i know Fiction.. its a lil thicker than i wanted.. just too lazy to take some out.. i want to take it down right to where the shaded are starts.. but i dont want to lose all the good stuff thats in it :( i think it is more benificial and will keep the tank more stable being deeper though..

Looking good Digg. Thanks for the further back FTS :) Really puts it into perspective for me since your closeup shots make this tank look HUGE.

thanks dive.. hey everyone i have listed a Bunch of Non Reefing items in Hardware Classifieds. feel free to stop buy and check em out :)

Archived