Top Shelf Aquatics

Diggman's 2gal Pico

diggman08

Digg

Oh so sorry to hear of the gobies demise :(

Right now the rocks are in a 5g bucket with powerhead, not sure the best way to remove the small bubbly stuff. Can one just try to pry em off using an exacto knife? The rocks are loaded with critters (stars). I figured I could probably yank the GHA with tweezers.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about the lose of your goby man. I think that one of my shrimp just kicked the bucket yesterday as well. I noticed that I had only seen one cruising around lately and then when I fed the tank I didn't see it again. No sign of a shell or anything....guess the snails had a feast.

As always, we are going to need some more pics of the tank ;)

ok guys.. went to the lfs yesterday.. got some awesome mushrooms .. on rock is green white stripe iradescent shrooms.. the other is BLUE/Purple shrooms, but they are almost ALL BLUE... i like em alot

i did a re arranging of the aquascape, and glue the ricordia/yuma frags with in the upper rockwork.. it looks alot better,, ill get pics up in a lil bit..

o and Happy Fathers Day to all you daddys./

got a lil picture happy... Enjoy...

blue/purple shrroommss

DSC01202.jpg

green white stripe shrooms

DSC01205.jpg

DSC01210.jpg

FTS and Side angle shots

DSC01200.jpg

DSC01206.jpg

DSC01207.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

close up right side.. i love how the rock has that BIg effect

DSC01212.jpg

any body have an ID on this worm dude

DSC01208.jpg

glued this RIC to make it look like a ledge hanging over.. ( kinda different)

DSC01209.jpg

well hope these satisfied yall for awhile till the next update :)

o and the tank has NOT been modified everything is still stock( lights, HOB) well i did at some Chaeto but thats it.. ( as long as everything stays and looks happy) i see no Need to modify it :)

my JBJ 3gal willl be though...hehe ;)

I bet it starved to death, I just lost my yellow clown goby and it barely ate.

Dont say that i just got one yesterday and i love him! :scarry:

Awesome Digg....I love the new mushies that you got. Really nice mix of blue and green w/white stripes.

Change in rock work looks great as well. I am always amazed at how these tiny little tanks can look massive in pictures. When you get a chance, can you take a picture of it from a little farther back so we can get more perspective of it's size? I think that is one of the coolest shots when you see our reefs from farther back so you can see how big/small they are.

Great job man. This thing is really coming alive. Are you planning on getting a replacement fish?

Also, how are you modding the JBJ 3g? Are you doing them all yourself?

thanks Dive.. yeah ill get ya a far shot... i dont know if im getting another fish or not... then ill have too do twice as many water changes..blahh....

for JBJ.. i am replacing the stock HOB with an AC 70 HOB, to convert into a fuge.. i just ordered a subersable Halogen light(for the fuge) yesterday from a guy on here.. i also have the Current 36wtt Dual light for it.. and the Taihatian Black sand... when i get the tank i will be painting the back with Krylon Fusion satin Black paint.. ( all these mods inspired by fictions Pico tank)

alls i need now is the tank itself... im trying to get one without the light and HOB since i already have upgrades of them for it..

looking to add some nice rare zoa/paly frags with 3-4 polyps next.. i doubt i will be able to keep PPE under the 13wtt pc light..

Your tank looks so much bigger then a 2g, it's awesome.

Have you checked out vividaquarium.com? They have nice clove polyps and palys.

thanks fiction ill check it out... yours look alot bigger than a 3g :) i cant wait to get my 3g JBJ and modded out... i wish i could just keep this one now, since its turning out so much nicer than i expected....

so ur still leary and nervous about shippin me some of them polyps..

TIGER DID IT AGAIN... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::happydance:omgomgomg:wub:

wow fiction... that website has some amazing coral and prices..... funny ive never heard of it..... thanks for letting me know...

those sunflower cloves ones are awesome

just placed an awesome order with Bible Sue.. have some great stuff on the way.. should be here friday.. so im not gonna tell yall what i got yet.... (just to get ya goin).. ill have plenty of pics as always...

mike

on another note.. i got my submersable fuge light in today.. HOLY CRAP that thing is bright... it should work great.. i have some pics of it ill post up... so now i have everything for the JBJ except the JBJ tank and AC70

Awesome Mike. Glad to hear that you got some goodies on the way. I'm assuming that it will be some clove/daisy polyps and maybe some zoas?

I will look forward to seeing what you got. I know it will be some good stuff.

dive are you physcic??lol.. damn your good <_<

im having trouble cleaning the acrylic on the inside.. i use a toothbrush for the light main stufff... but now that the tank is gettng established, im gettting these dark brown tiny dots on it.. and i cant get it off with the TB.. any othe options guyss, with minimal scratching... thanks

mike

here we go.. all frags have opened happily expect one( but its starting to open )

Wammin watermelons...

DSC01225.jpg

Flourescent Daisy Polyps

DSC01226.jpg

Never seeen these GSP's before.. i like

DSC01227.jpg

Freebie bright Red Zoas

DSC01229.jpg

The Regular Daisys that havent opened yet.. but im pulling for them

DSC01230.jpg

I know the frags are a lil smaller than i expected,, but im hoping the Spread all through out the rockwork..( im actual glad there small because its only a 2gal.. and theyll have time to grow in

here my Fuge light for the JBJ.. or maybe the BC :)

DSC01220.jpg

Plenty of light

DSC01222.jpg

The close up photo of the Flourescent Daisy Polyps is interesting -- I didn't realize they had a mat similar to GSP ... purple and spreading. I wonder if they are related to Green Star Polyps?

Hmm that daisy polyp frag is way too small I believe, you should of been given a much larger piece seeing how they grow very fast. I've never actually seen a 3 polyp daisy frag. Check out Yourreef.com they sells nice frags of them for around $25.

Archived