Coral Vue Hydros

Dying fishy fishy

SpongeBob

hi everyone.  Im new to this hobby, I love it.  I have a 10 gal. tank.  3 small live rocks, two  damsels and a purple fish.

Anyways, I bought a purple psuedecrom,(spelling?)  a couple days ago.  Right now it has little white spots on it but they r so tiny!  He looks really bad cause he's not moving much at all and doesnt want to eat!  What do I do! I dont want him to die!    should I treat him for ich?

The best thing that you can do is quarantine the pseudochromis in a seperate tank (that you undoubtedly do not have) and pray to god that you did not infect your whole tank. I know you are new & we all want to do what we can to help, but you are in one hell of a predicament. First of all (and don't be offended as I have no intention of offending you) you are in absolutely no position to have fish rightr now. You simply have not done enough research yet. I know this may not solve your current situation, but if you heed my advice you certainly won't repeat this disaster. See if your LFS (local fish store) will quarantine your animals. You need to pull all fish out of that tank for a month now because it is infected. If not, the pseudochromis is definitely a gonner (unless you are willing to buy a quarantine setup). Also if the lfs won't hold for treatment you should try to sell your damsels back once you tell them what's going on. They are only likely to die in your tank right now (betewwn the ich, the bad acclimation, the overstocking, and god knows what else. in the mean time (and some more time after that) you should buy some up to date beginner's books and learn from this and other reef sites.

• 2 weeks later...
Tycoon4077

*Tycoon, posts like this will not be tollerated.  I do not want to see anything like this again.

-edited by Christopher Marks

SpongeBob

thanks for the advice guys.  Delph, thanks for the links.  I read all about it.  I think I was over feeding for sure as well as overstocking.  :)

Archived