Coral Vue Hydros

CadLights 12G Nano Build

e12pilot

Paint and some caulking are your friend :D .......The holes on this mount are actually pretty small...easy to fix when you move out, would take about 30 minutes of your time....

I thought about going 70w on this tank, but the bulb selection with the 150w won me over. With this thing I can always adjust the height if lowering it causes too many heat issues. Right now though everything seems fine, temp goes from 79 with lights off to 80.5 (max) during the middle of the day, just about perfect.

Thanks! It is starting to "get there" for me, stocking it is the best part.

I can't wait to get this light lowered to it's final height and cleanup this stupid hanging cable from the pendant. Too bad I can't drill the wall, I have to figure out some way to run the black cable down the white wall with minimal ugliness :huh: Someone needs to invent wireless power capable of doing 150w @ 110v ;-)

any updates on your tank?

any updates on your tank?

Hi MLK, the CAD 12G was moved to a 34G Solana about 6 months ago. Everything is doing great in the new tank and I need to get a build thread up for that tank. I'll get one setup in the next few weeks and post a link in this thread.

Thanks for checking up on the tank!

meinestrasse
Sure thing, here ya go:

post-1970-1209580394_thumb.jpg

post-1970-1209580404_thumb.jpg

Is that a UV sterilizer in there (2nd chamber)? Also, have you considered any particular protein skimmer? I tried the Tunze 9002 but it wouldn't fit.

Is that a UV sterilizer in there (2nd chamber)? Also, have you considered any particular protein skimmer? I tried the Tunze 9002 but it wouldn't fit.

Hi meinestrasse,

Thats a 50w Ebo Jager heater in the second chamber in that photo. I never had a skimmer on the tank when it was up, now that I have a Solana I am using the stock skimmer with that tank and it works fine.

IMHO as long as you are doing weekly water changes and have a medium to low bio-load the 12G CAD tank doesn't need a skimmer. If I had the tank up longer I would have converted chamber #2 into a refugium and used that for some nutrient export.

Any picts of your tank?

CrownOfficial

looking good! i hope mine turns out this good.i never have luck with anything over 6 gallons.but, hopefully all my expeirience gained will keep this next tank up and running for a while. what are you going to stocking plans now that you got rid of the stock lighting?

looking good! i hope mine turns out this good.i never have luck with anything over 6 gallons.but, hopefully all my expeirience gained will keep this next tank up and running for a while. what are you going to stocking plans now that you got rid of the stock lighting?

I don't have the 12G up any more, moved everything to a 34G Solana. You shouldn't have any problems with the 12G though, just weekly water changes and a good amount of live rock should keep everything pretty stable.

Good luck!

CrownOfficial

lol i guess i missed that post. haha. yea im looking forward to setting mine up, im setting up 3 tanks in august, 12g cad. 8 gallon jali, and 5 gallon jali. cant wait to see how that goes :] lol

Archived