SaltCritters.com

Fiction's 3g Picotope. (Back up and running!)

fiction101

fiction101

I bought the plate coral at Vallejo Aquarium for $25. Also they had around 8 small and large coco worms to choose from. If you do make the drive to Vallejo you should also stop by Sea Splendor in Fairfield, they sometimes have nice corals stocked.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the shop suggestions. I drive through Fairfield and Vallejo ince a week so I will have to check them out.

Any other LFS in the Bay Area / Sacremento you could suggest?

Bad Company
Yep, yellow clown goby. It actually hasn't been eating at all so I might have to tank it back to my lfs.

So, did you end up bringin the clown goby back?

fiction101

I still have the clown goby it seems to be eating tiny bits of mysis, so I'm keeping it for now. I did however take back my clown fish and fungia plate, the plate didn't have enough room and the clown looked like it was close to jumping out. My coco worm only comes out at night for some reason, which is annoying. Also I added a piece of red grape kelp which adds nice color to the tank.

I took out my dual actinic bulb and replaced it with a dual daylight bulb.

fts3.jpg

I forgot to mention that I added 4 sexy shrimp. One is actually pretty large.

ffff.jpg

Oh also my blue cloves have a bunch of tiny white eggs on them, so it looks like they could be spawning? :)

subielover

If you don't mind me asking, where and how much did you pay for your light? I have been thinking of setting up a pico of my own, and yours is a big part of my inspiration. I love the way the light seems to fit your tank perfectly. Great job! :)

Fiction,

I love following this thread - as you probably know, you were the inspiration for my own Picotope. Your tank looks spectacular.

Jason

fiction101

Thanks for the compliments! :D

I bought the light fixture on here used for $55 shipped, they seem to be sold on these forums alot. Otherwise check out drfostersmith where they go for around $80 I believe.

I noticed that my cheato wasn't really growing much so I just went down to my lfs and bought a 9w 10k coralife bulb to replace the stock picotope lamp that I was using (it's 50/50 9w) so it should benefit more from the extra few watts of white lightning.

That pico is the sweetest pico ive ever seen...I got a pico today and set it up....I wish my stuff looked that good. Those clove polyp prices are awesome...wish san diego had those for 25 bucks :)

This by far has to be one of the cleanest setups I have seen I abosolutely love the choice of corals and just the huge appearance of such a tiny system.

Wow...beautiful tank! Could you possibly give me the exact measurements and depth with and without the AC70? Also, which bulb did you stick in the stock lamp for the cheato? Are there warmer versions, say 6500k?

Fiction i absolutly love those blue cloves, i want some! i cant find them any where!

Check out totallyexoticcorals:

http://totallyexoticcorals.com/index.php?m...er=6&page=6

Also vividaquarium sells frags of them.

Wow...beautiful tank! Could you possibly give me the exact measurements and depth with and without the AC70? Also, which bulb did you stick in the stock lamp for the cheato? Are there warmer versions, say 6500k?

The width of the tank without the AC70 is 9 inches and 15 inches with it on.

I have a 9w 10k coralife bulb at the moment, but I just ordered a 9w 6700k bulb from marinedepot.

fiction dude where do you get those awesome glove/clove polyps?? i want some for my 2 gal pico.. my setup is similar to yours.. have the same light setup on the way.. check out my thread..

crap i just read the post above mine after i posted it..lol....

how do you have your lighting setup for your hob fuge???

I just put the stock picotope light on the back of it, the 50/50 bulb it came with wasn't providing much growth so hopefully the 6700k bulb will.

check out my pico thread.. i have a 2gal Tom pico.. about to setup another 3gal JGJ glass.(after seeing your setup i have to do another) like yours with same lighting and black sand.... have any pics of the HOB fuge w/ light..so i can see what your saying.. i cant picture how you put it on back...

o yeah and why did you take out your actinic light and add another daylight??? just the look ur were wanting???

if those clove polyps ever grow or you get tired of them.. will you frag me some.. :D

The width of the tank without the AC70 is 9 inches and 15 inches with it on.

Ahh, a little deep for my spot. Do you think the 70 would fit on a side? The position I'm thinking of would usually be viewed from front or right, anyway, so having the 'fuge on the left wouldn't be too bad aesthetically.

check out my pico thread.. i have a 2gal Tom pico.. about to setup another 3gal JGJ glass.(after seeing your setup i have to do another) like yours with same lighting and black sand.... have any pics of the HOB fuge w/ light..so i can see what your saying.. i cant picture how you put it on back...

o yeah and why did you take out your actinic light and add another daylight??? just the look ur were wanting???

if those clove polyps ever grow or you get tired of them.. will you frag me some.. :D

Here are a couple photo's the ac70w/light.

1-6.jpg

2-5.jpg

I actually switched it back to the original lighting, I was just trying out the different combination to see what it looked like.

The cloves are already growing, their root system spreads pretty fast so if I knew how to ship I could sell a frag of them.

Ahh, a little deep for my spot. Do you think the 70 would fit on a side? The position I'm thinking of would usually be viewed from front or right, anyway, so having the 'fuge on the left wouldn't be too bad aesthetically.

A AC50 would fit on the side of these tanks, but you don't actually have to have these filters. I think you can get away with just using the stock filter.

are you dosing anything to your tank?? feeding anything to coral??

gimme the lowdown on the steps you took on painting your back wall... did you stop it right were the glass starts turning?? did you prep the glass before paint? thanks fict ( o yeah i sent you PM)

mike

Archived