ReefCleaners.org

Fiction's 3g Picotope. (Back up and running!)

fiction101

I love your tank so much I just got some blue clove polyps for my own little tank! I was wondering how fast they spread though as I want to put them in a good place! Thanks

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im jealous! all you guys are getting snow flakes but me! ive been waiting and asking at every LFS but no one..... LTB!

I love your tank so much I just got some blue clove polyps for my own little tank! I was wondering how fast they spread though as I want to put them in a good place! Thanks

They spread really fast, when you compare my very first photo's with the new ones you can really see how well they grow. Also put them Under direct light with lots of flow. :)

They are starting to spread onto my sandbed, which would be cool to have covered.

Sorry for the awful photo, I wish I could get a close up shot so the prism effect could be seen.

Oh also I added a new yellow gum drop goby, he was eating mysis shrimp at the lfs so I had to snatch him up. Now I have two goby's, the other one I have is a silver striped tail goby (which is my new favorite type of goby).

two.jpg

Hey Fiction - you're running the 36Watt Current USA Satellite, right? I was considering that light, but it looks really deep ... how does that work with your AC70? Where to the "feet" hit on the top of your tank? Could you snap a quick pic of that? Thanks!

Jason

Hey Fiction - you're running the 36Watt Current USA Satellite, right? I was considering that light, but it looks really deep ... how does that work with your AC70? Where to the "feet" hit on the top of your tank? Could you snap a quick pic of that? Thanks!

Jason

I removed the back legs and so I have it resting on top of the AC70, it's pretty much even with the front legs so it works out perfect. :)

el fabuloso
I removed the back legs and so I have it resting on top of the AC70, it's pretty much even with the front legs so it works out perfect. :)

You have the backside of your light sitting on top of the AC70? There should be enough room back there. I have all four mounting legs on my Dual Satellite with enough room for the AC70 in the back.

That new goby looks sweet! How are those two gobies getting along? And better yet how are they doing in your tank as far as bio load goes? I'm still looking for the right fish to put in my tank.

I have all four mounting legs on my Dual Satellite with enough room for the AC70 in the back.

Care to snap a picture please? :)

el fabuloso
I moved my new favia to the back of the tank, I guess it looks better.

The sexy shrimp seems to agree! : :lol:

I love the coralline growth in your tank. Did the live rock come that way?

fiction101

I damaged the favia a little bit when I moved it, I didn't realize how sensitive the tissue is so the sexy shrimp keep picking at it (hopefully they don't make it worse).

The rock was uncured so it came covered with a good amount of coralline, I think it helped spread it around to my filter and now slowly to the back of the tank.

The rock was uncured so it came covered with a good amount of coralline, I think it helped spread it around to my filter and now slowly to the back of the tank.

wait... LR with coraline already on it is "uncured"? I thought cured just meant that it already had established bacteria and wouldn't that also help coraline growth? If so, how would uncured have coraline...

el fabuloso
wait... LR with coraline already on it is "uncured"? I thought cured just meant that it already had established bacteria and wouldn't that also help coraline growth? If so, how would uncured have coraline...

Uncured means the rock hasn't gone through a die-off process therefore it has more life. With cured rock most of the organisms have already died off including coralline.

I'm getting lots of coralline growth in my filter. If only I can get them to grow on the rocks!

fiction101

It all depends on how your lfs takes care of it, a lot of cured rock that fish stores have lose a lot of the coralline growth since they don't keep lights over their live rock bins.

Uncured means the rock hasn't gone through a die-off process therefore it has more life. With cured rock most of the organisms have already died off including coralline.

I'm getting lots of coralline growth in my filter. If only I can get them to grow on the rocks!

Have you tried finding little pieces of rubble rock covered in coralline? You could sprinkle them all over your tank which might help with its growth.

FishFreak77

I just got done reading your entire tank thread. You are an inspiration to all reefers who wish to someday own a picotope. Your tank is so full and healthy looking. I have a few questions for you:

1) Where can you find the baffels you have in your AC70 refugium?

2) Could the stock lighting be used on the tank for just mushrooms and polyps?

3) Did you decide to just go without a heater?

fiction101
I just got done reading your entire tank thread. You are an inspiration to all reefers who wish to someday own a picotope. Your tank is so full and healthy looking. I have a few questions for you:

1) Where can you find the baffels you have in your AC70 refugium?

2) Could the stock lighting be used on the tank for just mushrooms and polyps?

3) Did you decide to just go without a heater?

I just cut up the basket that holds the stock filter pads.

I believe so, if you search around a few people have had just the stock jbj lighting, but the growth isn't as good.

I have a 25w stealth heater in the AC70, it works great.

Archived