Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fiction's 3g Picotope. (Back up and running!)

fiction101

are you dosing anything to your tank?? feeding anything to coral??

gimme the lowdown on the steps you took on painting your back wall... did you stop it right were the glass starts turning?? did you prep the glass before paint? thanks fict ( o yeah i sent you PM)

mike

Nope no dosing, I just do two water changes a week with sea water from my lfs.

I just used painters tape and newspapers to block the sides and rubbing alcohol to clean the back surface before I spayed it. The back is square so it's easy to tape up.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got my light in today... does the actinics look like one of them is burnt out on yours, but its really not??? curious because mine loooks like that...

did you get my PM..

i got my light in today... does the actinics look like one of them is burnt out on yours, but its really not??? curious because mine loooks like that...

did you get my PM..

Ya, the pink bulb looks faded but it's not.

I'll check my pm's tonight. :)

Well my new orange donut coral isn't doing good at the moment, I've been feeding it daily but the lighting just isn't strong enough for this type of LPS to survive. It really makes me miss MH.. -_-

That's a bummer about the donut.

Tank looks great though... I've always passed by the cloves and never given them much thought but they really add a lot to your tank. You've managed to get that BIG tank look in such a small space.

Great job!

That's a bummer about the donut.

Tank looks great though... I've always passed by the cloves and never given them much thought but they really add a lot to your tank. You've managed to get that BIG tank look in such a small space.

Great job!

Thanks. :D

Ya, the cloves long stalks help make them really stand out in smaller tanks.

Dang! I sometime would love to get rid of my FW tank(my parents) then do a pico or something that is 10 gallons that is nice bow front looking.

Yep, I don't even like it but my lfs gave it to me to eat up the $7 of remaining credit I had there. It looks like a large pest anemone to me close up.

It also reminds me of light fountaints, since it has a green ring around the base. :D

el fabuloso

I have that same refractometer, comes in really handy. Nice tank too! I haven't had much luck with my daisy polyps. Some days they open, some days they won't. <_<

sweet new shots dude.. those Blue polyps and the ones in the back look like they need weeding ;) (hint,hint)

i have new updated pics in my thread also.. check em

sweet new shots dude.. those Blue polyps and the ones in the back look like they need weeding ;) (hint,hint)

i have new updated pics in my thread also.. check em

I have that same refractometer, comes in really handy. Nice tank too! I haven't had much luck with my daisy polyps. Some days they open, some days they won't. <_<

Really? That's strange, I've had that problem with clove polyps but not daisy polyps. I know mine do best in high flow.

The new 6700k bulb for my fuge is already working great, I've noticed the halimeda and red grape kelp has really taken off.

It's def a lot better then the stock 50/50 picotope bulb.

you and those cloves... i just ordered some.. like your daisys.. and some other ones like that with flouresecent tips(compliments of BibleSue).. i cant wait to get them in

• 2 weeks later...
uhh it's not even summer yet but I'm already having heat problems, the tank is going over 83 and the lights aren't even on. At this point once the weather actually heats up all the way, I don't see how this tank will be able to survive the summer? What do you guys use to chill your pico's with? Would a micro chiller work?

ever try air conditioning, cools the tank while cooling u similtaneously, a chiller on the other hand would be best, those mini chillers are pretty effecient but most dont come with a thermostat but chillers would be best

Archived