Pod Your Reef

Cubans AP24

TheCuban1040

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheCuban1040

I recently got a green toadstool that is not looking very green at all. Any recommendations on how to get some color into this thing? Put it under stronger light? Less light?

• 3 weeks later...
el fabuloso

Very nice! I love all the colors in your tank. Did you get rid of the GSP that use to be where the kryptonite candy cane colony is now?

BTW congrats on being TOTM. Truly well-deserved! :happy:

TheCuban1040

Thanks a lot man! I just got a 3G Picotope and I'm planning on copying yours. After seeing your tank I immediately ordered that Current 36W strip. Can't wait till it gets here!

I have that huge chunk of GSP sitting in another tank right now. I think I might trade it in to a LFS for credit or something.

el fabuloso

Awesome! I'll be looking forward to that tank thread. The Picotope with the Dual Satellite will not disappoint. I think you'll be happy with it! :happy:

SulfurAcid

I have a question.

I am setting up an AP24, with the Opentop Metal Halide, but I am wondering about your livestock selection. Aren't those fish taht you have in your tank jumpers? or do you have the glass top on?

Amazing tank by the way, my inspiration.

TheCuban1040

Hey Sulfer, I hear a lot of people talk about jumpers but I have never really had a problem with it. Even when I kept freshwater people would always talk about Bala Sharks jumping and I kept them for years with no problems. I think you just need to make sure you don't startle them when they first go into the tank. Once they find a favorite hiding place they are more likely to dash into there than to jump when they get scared.

If you still wanted to cover it I wouldn't use the glass top because it would bottle up too much heat. You could get some egg crate from Home Depot and cut it to fit. I made a top out of egg crate that I put over the tank to help light-acclimate new corals.

Great looking tank! Question where did you score the Kryptonite Candy Cane? or when are you going to frag it down? ;)

TheCuban1040

I searched for those kryptonites forever. I saw the ones that EZcompany had in his tank a loooong time ago and they have been on the top of my "wish list" ever since. I ended up breaking down and buying two head from an LFS then about 2 weeks later I found a local guy here in Tucson that was selling 30 heads for only twice the price I paid for the 2!

Mine wont be fragged for... probably ever, haha. If you want to see if the dude I got them from is willing to ship you some PM me and I'll give you his info

• 2 months later...
New FTS:

fts08091417sx9.jpg

fts08091417sx9.dbfb8815a1.jpg

Very nice tank, seriously.

I am just getting my ap24 started, could you tell me about your setup

fuge yes/no

what's in the back chambers

what do you feed/add

lighting

• 1 month later...

Thanks all!

I'm really worried that when I end up moving out of my apartment there will be no way to keep the GSP on the back wall wet and alive for a long period of time. :scarry: Anyone have any suggestions?

El Fab: The Pico is coming along very nicely. I'll have to start snapping some pics of her so I can make another thread.

Thanks all!

I'm really worried that when I end up moving out of my apartment there will be no way to keep the GSP on the back wall wet and alive for a long period of time. :scarry: Anyone have any suggestions?

NOOOO! must...save...the...GSP

can you lay the tank on its back and soak paper towels in tank water and lay it on the GSP and put the tank in a plastic bag to help it from evap

this is gonna be a very good question

For some reason I always thought Asin was Asian. Could there be a half Asian have Cuban? The ultimate communist offspring.

Archived