ReefCleaners.org

Red Sea Max Index Thread

StevieT

i need some help with the RSM 130 lights

they were working fine up til this morning and now the lights wont turn on. everything else seems to be working but the lights.

can anyone help me with that?

thanks!

thadscottmoore
i need some help with the RSM 130 lights

they were working fine up til this morning and now the lights wont turn on. everything else seems to be working but the lights.

can anyone help me with that?

thanks!

check connections (simple fix could be take out bulbs- re-install- maybe try some new bulbs)? plug light plug straight into power source rather than through built in switch box (if it works plugged straight to power source- then it may be the switch box)? Then again, it may be the ballast has gone bad or a wire shorted out. So many variables.... is it still under warranty?

check connections (simple fix could be take out bulbs- re-install- maybe try some new bulbs)? plug light plug straight into power source rather than through built in switch box (if it works plugged straight to power source- then it may be the switch box)? Then again, it may be the ballast has gone bad or a wire shorted out. So many variables.... is it still under warranty?

i fixed the problem, it was my second day with the RSM and i didnt figure out how to use the timer, stupid mistake on my part, haha

• 2 months later...
NewZealandReefie
1. You have to have a RSM thread started

2. You have to be nice

3. You have to show me a picture of your pink hair

1. Yup.

2. Sometimes...

3. It's purple now. Last month it was blue.

Do I get extra points for using your products :P

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! Quick question. I'm getting the RSM 130D in a few weeks, as an upgrade from my AR380 :P - and I get really disappointed when I see how much people carve out the inner gear of these tanks and replace it all.

Because I'm lazy - and the thought of modification to an all-in-one tank gives me a headache - can anyone give me some reassurance that this unit is quite capable of doing a good job all by its little self?

I'm aware that without these spiffy upgrades I'd be incapable of keeping the super-hard hardies but...yeah.

Enlighten me? >=D

You certainly do not have to do it all at once but this is a hobby and upgrades are inevitable.

Heater must go

Extra pump in the display is a must

Remove sponge

after that upgrades will only improve and enhance your experience.

The stock skimmer is an under performer and loud. See what you think before replacing.

You certainly do not have to do it all at once but this is a hobby and upgrades are inevitable.

Heater must go

Extra pump in the display is a must

Remove sponge

after that upgrades will only improve and enhance your experience.

The stock skimmer is an under performer and loud. See what you think before replacing.

Thanks for the fast reply! I'm not so ignorant as to not keep upgrades in mind.

I'd already considered extra flow within the tank - but I'll have a good research through these threads and see why I need to replace the other things you mentioned. Cheers :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ordered the 130D yesterday, and will have it in a few days. So what i want to know is. What should i replace? Should i replace the fans and the fans?

Good score. No need to replace the fans. Common mods are :

Heater

Skimmer to the Tunze 9002

Media basket

Skimmer cup

Do not use the bioballs or low quality stock carbon

Add a pump to the display like a Koralia 750 or vortech MP10

And Auto top off is a good idea

Heater

Media basket

Skimmer cup

Im going to use the Tunze Osmolator. Is it hard to install on the 130D?

Heater

Media basket

Skimmer cup

I order the media basket and I'm going to order a Tunze 9002 soon, what heater do you reccomend replacing the old one with and what do you use instead of bioballs?

Also I think the light fixture in my hood may have broke some how, I'm going to buy a new light and see if the lights just broke but when I turn it on the fan doesn't even start. Is there somewhere I can buy a new hood or an easy way to update the lights?

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to introduce myself to Nano Reef. I am Drew from Chicago. New RSM 130D owner. Currently stocking up on equipment. Taking my time and not rushing into anything.

I have been reading and checking out all the great looking RSM's on the board. Top notch guys, top notch.

I won't be using the stock skimmer. purchased a lifereef sump/fuge. Just trying to figure out if I will need the rear compartments.

i would love to find someone who is running a lifereef system.

I contact nguyen (looks like he has not been active since 2009 or so.

Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...