Coral Vue Hydros

Red Sea Max Index Thread

StevieT

johnfishnovice
omgomgomg Finally!

Go with something like this:

http://aquatic-store.co.uk/product_image/i...ge/caribsea.jpg

Get the MP10, so much better than a Koralia

yes I finally got there!!! i think its still going to take me a few more months to get started now.... i need to buy all of hte parts and equipment i need without putting a massive hole inthe credit card (*wife factor* lol)

anyway thanx for the info steve !

Anybody use a Koralia 1? I have a 2 setup in the upper right hand corner near the skimmer grate, and just recently bought a frogspawn which I located towards the middle of the tank. I think the koralia 2 gives it excessive water movement, (it is pointed right onto my LR). The frogspawn isn't directly in front of the powerhead, prob about a foot away, and a little off to the side. I would move the frogspawn but its on a frag and it's in a great spot and fits perfectly in this particular piece of rock.

I just read some of the vortech mp10 posts before mine...Could i use this in place of the Koralia, and would it be better for my corals? Also, why is it so expensive??? A koralia is like 30 40 bucks...

I just read some of the vortech mp10 posts before mine...Could i use this in place of the Koralia, and would it be better for my corals? Also, why is it so expensive??? A koralia is like 30 40 bucks...

The biggest benefit to the MP10 is the alternate water flow, My SPS has greatly increased polyp extension now with it. It is so expensive because it is a DC pump with an integrated controller. I agree it is way over priced, but worth it. This pump is everything they promise it is.

quick question

with an open top, will the tunze 9002 stock cup fit?

Actually the stock 9002 cup fits even with the stock RSM hood- it's very tight and must be removed BEFORE trying to open the hood- but it does fit. I ran mine that way for a time until I could pick up my super slick inTank cup.

Yep, it fits. I ran the stock cup until my skills with acrylic increased and the media basket took off. I was sick of removing it every time I opened the hood to feed or maintain the tank so I figured a rectangle cup would fit better. What a stupid idea on my part now I have to make thousands.

Yep, it fits. I ran the stock cup until my skills with acrylic increased and the media basket took off. I was sick of removing it every time I opened the hood to feed or maintain the tank so I figured a rectangle cup would fit better. What a stupid idea on my part now I have to make thousands.

:lol: :lol:

could you change the link at the front of the page to my thread?

new link - thanks!

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=216729&hl=

quick question also, how have you guys hooked up your external chillers so that the cold output doesn't interfere with the heater too much? and how to hook up the float switch, i would really love to put mine in the pump chamber right behind the pumps, is that even possible?

quick question also, how have you guys hooked up your external chillers so that the cold output doesn't interfere with the heater too much? and how to hook up the float switch, i would really love to put mine in the pump chamber right behind the pumps, is that even possible?

Put the chiller output in a chamber between the return and the chamber the heater is in if possible. Either that, or plug the heater and chiller into a controller so only one can be operated at a time.

Yea, it sounds pretty sweet. Would this be considered a "wave maker"? Or are wave makers something else..

The Vortech pumps can be considered wavemakers, as they are tunable to produce surges of water. Thats also one reason they are costly, the tunability, also because of the technology in being able to place the motor OUTSIDE the tank, essentially eliminating the heat added to the water from a pump motor being submerged.

So I've had my RSM for about 4 1/2 months now, and have still been using the stock protein skimmer. Yes, it is loud, and yes, changing the carbon bags under the circ. pumps is awful...But...the skimmer does work, all my animals are still alive, and my levels stay at 0 (with weekly water changes). I currently have:

1 maroon clownfish

1 flasher wrasse

1 tuxedo urchin

1 fire shrimp

1 cleaner shrimp

10 snails

1 scarlet hermit

1 emperor crab

I plan on adding 1 MAYBE 2 more fish...Is it even worth upgrading to the Tunze skimmer if the stock one is working ok for me?

The skimmer is not the reason your animals are still alive, it is not your lifeline to the tank.

The stock skimmer is and underperformer and is very loud. Decision is all yours

• 2 weeks later...

Sup guys,

Just wanted to say I am officaly an RSM 130 owner as of last week. Got a KILLER deal from some nice guy that was getting out of the hobby for a while.

As the family are laminating the floors in 1-2 months I see no point in fully setting it up as I think its gonna be a hassel of tearing it down and setting it back up again.

Was curious to know how people have set up their back chambers ?

Thanks

Edited by PIPS
Sup guys,

Just wanted to say I am officaly an RSM 130 owner as of last week. Got a KILLER deal from some nice guy that was getting out of the hobby for a while.

As the family are laminating the floors in 1-2 months I see no point in fully setting it up as I think its gonna be a hassel of tearing it down and setting it back up again.

Was curious to know how people have set up their back chambers ?

Thanks

Grats on the new tank!

I run the inTank media rack with a filter pad, purigen and chemipure.

The Tunze 9002 skimmer and an ATO set up in the center section

heater sits in the bubble trap -_-

hth some

welcome

• inTank Media Basket
  • Filter Floss
  • 100 ml Purigen
  • Chemi Pure Elite
  • Tunze 9002 mounted to rear of tank
  • inTank Skimmer Cup
  • Heater
  • JBJ ATO custom magnet mount
  • Stock return pumps

Cool, order placed for the media basket.

Also from what iv read, the stock tunze skimmer cup fits perfectly with people running an open top.

Correct ?

Edited by PIPS