Top Shelf Aquatics

Red Sea Max Index Thread

StevieT

Spirofucci

If you wanted to it shouldn't be too hard. I'd just paint the visble parts and be sure to end up with three coats of some sort of marine varnish or varathane afterwards.

• 3 weeks later...
oldSWseamomma

Has anyone hooked up the new Tunze ATO 3152 to their RSM130D ? Just got mine today and deciding whether to put it in the return pump chamber or in the chiller compartment.

Well, the old Aquapod gave up the ghost Friday night. Came home to a leaking tank. The LFS was kind enough to wait for me to come get a tank. Wanted the RSM250 but that wasn't in the budget. I am now the proud owner of a 130D.

We finished the swap at 1:30am. So far nobody has died and everyone seems to be happy fish and coral wise. Not sure what to do with the rockscaping. I am looking at the Real Reef Rock to avoid any cycles or side effects.

What a goofy timer, flip all the tabs to set the time instead of just an on off time set<g> Which tanks have the digital?

Looks like I will be placing an order for the Media rack and Tunze in the near future. Loved the media rack it in the Aquapod.

Bob

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
oldSWseamomma

Does anyone have the little skimmer plate from the original RSM130 ? My tank is the original but the guy I bought it from put the upgrade skimmer basket on it. And it usually works just fine but the last couple of days a wild pack of snails has been hanging out on one side of the skimmer basket and when that happens the basket works itself all the way up to very highest level - which is about 1/4 inch higher than where I have it set in a sweet perfect spot for skimming the surface. ugh ! When that happens my ATO goes on and fills the tank. I was wondering if anyone would like to get rid of theirs and I'd try that as a solution instead of the basket floating up when the snails get on it. I tried having the tank level at this highest point but for some reason I get a very thin film on the surface of the water and it makes me think flow is not as good as a little lower level. Anyway, if you do have a spare one please PM me. Thanks !

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In case you havent heard...

Following a review of the performance of the original Max 130/D circulation pumps in the USA & Canada, we have decided to provide a limited-time offer for registered MAX owners specifically in these 2 countries, and are offering a free replacement circulation pump which offers improved performance. Details can be found here: http://www.redseafish.com/upgradeThe reason that this offer is made specifically to USA & Canada is because the performance levels of the existing circulation pumps falls below that of the pumps used in other markets, due to variances in electricity supply.

We shall be offering the complete upgrade kit (pump and all the fittings) as a purchasable item in other markets from November.
When we have more news we shall contact Max owners who have registered with us at www.redseafish.com, and they will be offered a limited-time discount should they wish to upgrade to the new pump.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received email notification that my RED SEA pump upgrade has been shipped. I registered about two weeks ago, thats about what they said as far as shipping dates.

Does anyone read this forum anymore or most have already modded the tank to remove the stock pumps?

Bob

Free upgrade pump came today. Only took about 20 minutes to install.

Turn off and unplug the original pumps from the power center.

Remove splash shield and pull cords from cord channel.

Unscrew the water returns from the tank and pump outlets.

Install supplied plug from kit in left side return.

Assemble hose to new pump.

Put pump in place, screw on new return nozzle to supplied hose.

Run cord through channel and down to power center, plugging into pump #1 switch.

The cord is large, I had to trim the cord channel where it went down to power center so lid would close.

Reinstall power center.

Make sure nozzle is not pointed up too high and turn it on.

The new pump moves some water, be ready to top off the tank.

No bubbles!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

In case you havent heard...

Following a review of the performance of the original Max 130/D circulation pumps in the USA & Canada, we have decided to provide a limited-time offer for registered MAX owners specifically in these 2 countries, and are offering a free replacement circulation pump which offers improved performance. Details can be found here: http://www.redseafish.com/upgradeThe reason that this offer is made specifically to USA & Canada is because the performance levels of the existing circulation pumps falls below that of the pumps used in other markets, due to variances in electricity supply.

We shall be offering the complete upgrade kit (pump and all the fittings) as a purchasable item in other markets from November.

When we have more news we shall contact Max owners who have registered with us at www.redseafish.com, and they will be offered a limited-time discount should they wish to upgrade to the new pump.

thanks for this, the stock two pumps is the main reason i didn't re set my tank up when i moved. I guess time to clean it up and start over

i also decided to go check out intank and saw that stevie is finally selling the rear cover. Shows how long i've been out of the game. i was just getting ready to sell everything.

• Like 1

thanks for this, the stock two pumps is the main reason i didn't re set my tank up when i moved. I guess time to clean it up and start over

No problem. I was going to do the inTank upgrade also and found about the RSM upgrade the day I was going to order. I still want to Y it off and push water to the surface AND a lower spot of my choice.

Bob

I have been reading and been told that the skimmer from the NEW improved 130D is backwards compatible with all prvious 130s. Supposed to be more quiet and all around better skimmer. See quote below<g>

"Hi all, we will issue a full release of information over the next couple of weeks, including launch dates and pricing.
Regarding the all-new skimmers, while the 130 skimmer will fit all previous models and provides a significant improvement in terms of efficiency, ease of control and noise reduction, unfortunately the C-250 skimmer will not fit the current 250 due to the configuration of the new filter system. We shall be releasing details of a great Max 130 consumer offer shortly in some markets, for anyone who wishes to upgrade to the new skimmer"

Bob

oldSWseamomma

I just recieved my pump upgrade from RSM but haven't installed it yet. I already have StevieT's pump upgrade. I am thinking of taking the Ehiem pumps from Stevie's upgrade and putting them in my JBJ 28 LED tank (if they fit) as the pumps in the JBJ are okay but I know the Ehiem's are better and stronger. With that said I noticed that the RSM upgrade has a really short hose from the nozzle to the pump and this must be that they are thinking everyone still puts their charcoal filtration on the bottom of that chamber. I don't because it's a pain in the a$$ to undo the pumps just to change out the chemi-pure so I got a plastic suction hook and hang the bag of chemi-pure from the side of the skimmer cup along with a zip tie so that the bag is hanging freely in the water chamber that is the chiller chamber next to the skimmer. it works pretty good there and doesn't slow down the flow. I have a question tho - I wonder if I can lengthen the hose on the upgrade so that the new pump sits on the bottom of the chamber? Also there are no little rubber plugs for the bottom of the pump to sit on so is this going to create a bunch of noise from the pump vibrating? Has anyone else put a longer piece of hose on this upgrade ?

I dont see any reason why you couldnt put a longer hose on it, thats what you were doing with the Stevies upgrade. All I have heard is that you cant put the new upgrade pump and another pump in the same spot as it would move TOO much water and keep the skimmer from working.

Bob

oldSWseamomma

This new pump is somewhat larger than than the Ehiem or original pumps so unless you stack another one in there it wouldn't fit. I'll be making a new, longer hose for the new pump this weekend and see if it gets noisy sitting on the bottom instead of mid-air (err- water) :0)

• 1 month later...