Innovative Marine Aquariums

Red Sea Max Index Thread

StevieT

Questions questions

1. Anyone using lifereef overflow/pre-filter boxes? wedge or regular?

2. Pics of your ATO reservoir?

3. Anyone have a refugium AND an ATO reservoir both fit into the cabinet for the 130? pics?

4. ATO hose, lifereef overflow box with J tube and tunze 9002, anyone have a picture showing all those things installed?

Thank you much.

I'll be using a RKL in my tank as well as the life reef overflow and refugium with chaeto, I will also have the RKL controlling an ATO as well as moonlights,wave maker control and a few other functions like dosing pumps

Questions questions

3. Anyone have a refugium AND an ATO reservoir both fit into the cabinet for the 130? pics?

4. ATO hose, lifereef overflow box with J tube and tunze 9002, anyone have a picture showing all those things installed?

Thank you much.

Yuck. Stunner strips are much smaller and can go horizontal. I've seen pictures and they look much better than that. Looks like there is on between the stock bulbs in that pic.

Questions questions

Thank you much.

Not a good pic, but here's one of my JBJ ATO in a 5 gal bucket:

IMG_0222.jpg

thadscottmoore
Questions questions

Thank you much.

1. lifereef overflow regular

2. ato reservoir is now a 5 gallon bucket- though before the sump I used a plastic storage container. the thing to the side of the storage container is my Kalk reactor that I still use with my current setup.

dsc00868.jpg

3. sure number 3 can be done- though space is very limited in the cabinet, thus locating ato reservoir outside of cabinet seemed much more logical.

4. my ato hose is installed into the sump-

0410112130_01.jpg

9002 with steviet cup in the sump. though, this is older photo- I no longer use the 9002 (motor burned up).

0410112133a.jpg

Now I use a Euro-Reef in the sump

IMG_20111119_085407.jpg

I need to take a photo of the overflow

5. I have one RKE running both of my tanks- the RSM and my Picotope. Main unit is actually mounted by the picotope and I have a remote display mounted by the RSM. Only functions that remain in the rsm original factory power strip is the skimmer function and the original circulation pumps. the heater, lights, ATO and other pumps are controlled by the RKE

Edited by thadscottmoore
I was wondering if anybody did a LED lighting upgrade besides Nguyen Led over 2 years ago. I've been looking at doing a diy, but not really sure what works in a 130 RSM.

I retrofitted my RSM 250 with LEDs and kept the stock hood. It's been 6 months and growth has been amazing! Take a look at my build, would be the same for the 130 but only need 24 LEDs instead of 48.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=283788

• 2 weeks later...

My tank is driving me nuts. Look at the shmutz in the water column!

IMG_20120117_152733.jpg

This garbage is a combination of microbubbles, pods and crap that the filter is just not picking up! I'm at my wits end, I've changed the floss on the filter twice and it still won't take it out!

M E D I A B A S K E T

^ This!

Plus you might consider removing the surface skimmer and add an mp10 if you haven't already. (don't forget the battery back up!)