Pod Your Reef

Red Sea Max Index Thread

StevieT

250 not that I know of

130D yes, sort of. There are other AIOs out there like a solana or Cadlights but those do not have a hood if that is what you are after.

Red Sea Reefer
Once you go LED there is no way you're putting the stock hood back on and looking at that color pallet ever again.

- just my prediction

You can see my cover here

IMG_3274.jpg

Stevie, any word on production of the sump covers for those of us that want to go topless? I have decieded to go with an AI nano for my biocube 29 and would like to cover the sump/skimmer for cosmetic and noise reduction reasons.

There are a few threads current now one in the lighting section were people with biocubes are DIYing sump covers and mesh netting as a fish saver for the top. These are projects many can do but most would be willing to pay the premium for the clean work and great products you put out. Keep up the good work.

Good morning, has anyone retrofitted their RSM with LED's? Is that even possible?

What about adding plug and play LED's like ecoxotics panoramas and stunner strips?

Dozens of people have. Post #226 Provides links to a kit. Do a search for "RSM LED Retro" and you will find different custom retro fits.

1. Is there a way to use the built in light timer with ecoxotic plug and play LED\'s?

2. If the placement of Stevie T media rack is to the right of the skimmer (#2 position in the pic below), what goes into the extreme left of the chamber under the fan (#7, 8 position in the pic)? http://www.redseamax.com/redseamax/250Temp...ration_big.html

Edited by metrokat
Nothing, just water. That is the beauty of the basket. You no longer have to remove the pumps and try and get your hand down there to change media

Stevie, adding the media rack means the big black stock sponge has to be removed correct?

I thought I read somewhere that your media rack cannot be used with the stock skimmer, is that correct?

Questions questions

1. Anyone using lifereef overflow/pre-filter boxes? wedge or regular?

2. Pics of your ATO reservoir?

3. Anyone have a refugium AND an ATO reservoir both fit into the cabinet for the 130? pics?

4. ATO hose, lifereef overflow box with J tube and tunze 9002, anyone have a picture showing all those things installed?

Thank you much.

It works, for some. Issues are also about the intense size, micro bubbles, and lout jet engine noise.

It sure doesn't hurt to give it a chance but most yank it.