• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

SWEET!

Thanks!

any updates?

Coming right up...

+1 updates. My favorite build, keep it up!

Thanks! Updates at the end of this post...

Forgive me for not seeing this sooner!!!1

Forgiven. ;) LOL!

MORE PICHERS!!

PICHERS? What's a picher? ;)

hey i have been watching this for months and wanted to ask when ru gonna add rock it all that crap :D looks great wish i could afford that I'm only in highschool :D but I'm Building a 20 gallon you can follow along it will be a couple months tho.... http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;hl=caddyshack

Suggestions Welcome

P.S. its not as cool as calvins tho -_-

Funny you should ask about rock... ;)

MOAR!!

Hear ya... Here it comes.

+1

Hear ya... Here it comes.

Sorry for the delay, I've been so busy with numerous projects, but I did get some progress done. :D

First, I was able to pick up 150lbs of bone dry, lights as a feather rock (probably equals about 200-250lbs wet LR)... I hope it's enough.

CIMG1427.jpg

CIMG1428.jpg

Tough to get a perspective of how much rock this actually is, but that's the front of a 9HP snow blower and that's a 32 gallon trash can!

CIMG1429.jpg

Here's what the CL plumbing now looks like

CIMG1431.jpg

CIMG1440.jpg

CIMG1441.jpg

I also picked up some more 15g barrels for water changes... I planned on using 55g drums, but didn't have enough for 2 under my stairs (well not room for 2 and room for me) so I'm using 1 55g drum for fresh RO/DI, and then I'll have a pair of 15g's for mixing my SW for water changes. I figure 30g weekly water changes on a 130g tank (minus LR and sand) and about 30g in the sump will be plenty (over 20%).

CIMG1423.jpg

I've located the last pieces for my lights, and I've decided to go open top... So I will be building a pendant/light box (what ever you want to call it) that will be suspended over the tank and will house 3 IC 660's and 12 54w bulbs. Since I blew the budget getting the rock now, I'm trying to find funds for woods to build the pendant. I'm so close, but so far away and it's driving me nuts!!!

Thanks for reading and your patience as I struggle to finish...

Holy crap... You guys have the internet, learn to use it...

Google 15 gallon barrel

Here's 3 sources from just the first page...

Where can I get this... internet..? :P

I love what you have done so far! I almost feel like this is my tank & can't wait for it to get finished! This will be so awesome when it is finished!

Thanks! :D

awesome

so do you have all the equipment setup? and your just waiting on building the light pendent?

I still have to plumb the sumps and return pump/return line, along with my mixing barrels for WC's... I remembered yesterday that I forgot to polish the edges of the tank, so I still need to do that. I have the pendant to build (I have my lights, just need a place to put them), and rock structure to form. I still have sand to buy, along with power management. I will build my own Ca Reactor, but I need to get a bottle, regulator, solenoid, and pH controller which can be added later... I think that's it.

Where can I get this... internet..? :P

It's a secret, but I can get you in touch with a guy named Gore who can tell you more... :P LOL!

Cal,

Every time I get an alert that someone posted something on this thread I come running hoping to see new pics of your set-up......

....so please just do all of us a favor and take some pics, of you tank, stand, ceiling, whatever, and put them up already!!!!!

:D

Thanks!

-J

p.s. but seriously, take a week off from work, fill the thing with LS, LR, and water, force it to cycle overnight, stock it with schools of fish, and pounds of rare and exotic coral, and then pots the pics for all of us to drool over.