inTank Media Baskets

Calvin415's LED lit 12 footer

calvin415

I voted for you! Still close... More peeps vote!!

LOL! Oh well, it was cool to be nominated. :D

I voted for you. The solar tube one is tough competition though, I really liked that thread too. If you don't win, there's still TOTM (which I think is going to be more fitting for this anyways).

Thanks!

UPDATE!!! i love this tank, i want to see it with some water already.

Me too!

Any updates? :D

Coming right up...

this is easyly one of my favorite tanks on nr but please UPDATE!

Thanks!

Okay so here's an update:

Nothing new. LOL! Okay not entirely... I'm taking this week off to finish my basement so I finally get sign off and once that is done, water will be allowed into the tank. To help jump start the delay, I'm getting a Octopus 200 Recir skimmer rather than building my own, as well as a 10x54w T-5 retro setup, just a couple more T-5 setups to find and I'll be ready to get'r going. :D On the tank side, I still need to do some polishing on the tank, as well as get it drilled for plumbing. I need to repaint the stand (bought some exterior paint) so any drips will not affect the drywall, and once painted I can spray foam under the plywood to finalize the re-leveling project...

Sorry for the delay, but I've been working on this setup the last two Saturdays as well.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=169357

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

any updates. maybe some invovling water?? :lol:

Yep, I put 2 gallons of water in the tank yesterday to ensure it was level. ;)

Wow, I'll go ahead and watch this for a while. :eek:

Thanks,

Alright, here's an update. :D

I leveled the tank with 2 gallons of water in it (approx 1/4" deep) and then sprayed expanding foam under the remaining space to support it evenly. I also picked up my skimmer and lights last night, all that's left is to build my sumps, plumb the sump and closed loop, and build the canopy... 1 more light setup to buy (IceCap 4x39w T-5), so it's almost there. I did a quick test of lighting using just 2 bulbs with a coralife ballast and it was nice and bright, I can't wait to see 4 bulbs overdriven!!! I finished building my stairs tonight (minus handrail which will be done next week) so I should no longer have basement work delaying me any longer (as long as I pass inspection).

I know, shut up and post some pics right?

CIMG1264.jpg

CIMG1262.jpg

CIMG1265.jpg

And for giggles, here's my the stairs (hand made each tread out of hickory and solid pine painted white) that has been delaying me for the last few weeks.

CIMG1222.jpg

Holy crap! Water!

Just pulling your leg man. I'm sure you are as anxious as we are to see the tank completely filled.

Maybe another 2 gallons by next update?

Great job on the stairs Calvin........did you just cover the old treads and risers or did you remove the old ones and put down new on old frame ? I'm asking becuase I'm thinking of covering mine , right now there just pine painted grey from when the house was built . John

Yep, I put 2 gallons of water in the tank yesterday to ensure it was level. ;)

Thanks,

Alright, here's an update. :D

I leveled the tank with 2 gallons of water in it (approx 1/4" deep)

haha

I thought it was funny... ;)

Holy crap! Water!

Just pulling your leg man. I'm sure you are as anxious as we are to see the tank completely filled.

Maybe another 2 gallons by next update?

Nah... Next time it will be a flow test. :D

Great job on the stairs Calvin........did you just cover the old treads and risers or did you remove the old ones and put down new on old frame ? I'm asking becuase I'm thinking of covering mine , right now there just pine painted grey from when the house was built . John

Thanks! Yes, this is just a cover for the existing treads. Here's the before (well almost, I've already cut off the fronts of the existing treads)...

DSCN4422.jpg

stairs look great. hope they pass inspection. :D

Thanks! They better, if not the city might have an inspector go missing... ;) J/K

:bowdown:

that is all.

LOL! Thanks!

this thread needs more pics!

I know, sorry... I have lots to do still and unfortunately my Acrylic supplier (for my sump) is based in Houston... I hope everyone is okay. :(

To Do:

Build Sumps

Build Canopy

Drill Tank

Plumb Everything

But another T-5 Setup (IceCap 8x54w done, IceCap 4x39w still to find)

Install Lights in Canopy

Install Fans for Canopy Cooling

Install Fans for Humidity Control in Stand

Install Doors and Frame on Stand

Order lots of Marco Rock, Sand, and a Bucket or two of Salt

Fill'R Up...

I have an idea... I remember a while back you were deciding on possibly a showpiece fish, and something just occurred to me: with all the LR you could fit in here, you might want to consider breeding mandarin dragonets... just an idea. Keep it up man

I have an idea... I remember a while back you were deciding on possibly a showpiece fish, and something just occurred to me: with all the LR you could fit in here, you might want to consider breeding mandarin dragonets... just an idea. Keep it up man

That would be something! B)