Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Calvin415's LED lit 12 footer

calvin415

Sorry for the lack of updates, been busy...

So here's my update for today, please mind the tape as my wife is still painting the room...

Got the plywood last night, so here's the tank on the ply with styro between. The shims are to lift the ply and help to evenly support the styro. Let me know if you see any issues... Yes the tank is raised by over an inch with all the material, so I'll have to get creative with my trim work...

DSCN4424.jpg

DSCN4426.jpg

DSCN4427.jpg

And a shot I just had to take.

DSCN4429.jpg

The thread on RC was actually nominated for ThOTM so thanks everyone for your support and votes, I really appreciate it! I probably won't/can't win but really honored to be nominated. The guy winning has an incredible idea!!!! Be sure to check it out.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

And a shot I just had to take.

DSCN4429.jpg

The thread on RC was actually nominated for ThOTM so thanks everyone for your support and votes, I really appreciate it! I probably won't/can't win but really honored to be nominated. The guy winning has an incredible idea!!!! Be sure to check it out.

that's sick man, just sick!! I wish you lived in my neighborhood :)

where is the thread on RC? I'll be sure to vote for it although I'm betting that this is going to be TOTM some day.

Yeah, that solar tank is sweet! It's funny before the voting thread opened, I was showing my wife how cool that solar setup is. :D Please do not vote for me because I'm a Nano-Reefer, please vote your honest preference. I don't think I stand a chance and I'm just honored to be nominated.

Looks great. Only thing is, you will have to get a chair with wheels so you can roll back and forth. No just sitting in one place and staring. I can't wait to see your magfloat. :P

I don't suppose you charge admission...?

I guess if someone's willing to pay, sure! :D

Im gonna check out this tank next time I do a show in Co. :)

BarBQ Cal?

Hit us up at www.thescmas.com We have a killer frag swap in Oct if you're up here. :D

srly. i gots beer n stuff

LOL

Looks great. Only thing is, you will have to get a chair with wheels so you can roll back and forth. No just sitting in one place and staring. I can't wait to see your magfloat. :P

LOL! Yeah, start on one side and start walking (25 feet ;) )

Hurry up, I wanna see it done! so so so very cool

Me too!

wow very awesome.

Thanks!

I voted for you! While the solar tank is nice, I guess it's not a huge surprise after reading about Richard Harker's 2000 gallon tank 6 years ago...or Dr. Lee Cin Eng's paper in the '60s.

Edited by lakshwadeep