• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

Delivered!!!! These baby's rock! I'm working on a new canopy and a unique mounting system, but I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Eric,

Are you going to get the PAR meter to check out what your getting? I'm curious cause those lights do look super bright!

Well I still have the new canopy to build but I love these lights! David I hope to do a PAR test asap, just have to find out who has the meter. I'll post some pics when I do the PAR tests.

Still waiting to get the club PAR meter, but in the mean time I did some LUX tests...

I'm pulling 28000 LUX 10" off the sandbed and 11,600 LUX on the sandbed, 1' below the water it's 55,000 LUX!. That's shining the LED's through a dirty 1/2" acrylic brace to hold the LED fixture until the new canopy can be built.

I read somewhere that an estimate for PAR is take lux/44 which give me 1250 1" below the surface about 635 at the top of the rocks, and 260 on the sandbed. Not bad at all!

We'll see how close that calculation is on Wednesday.

Edited by calvin415

PAR Values are in!!!!

Here's an un-adjusted pic just to show you how much blue is in these fixtures.

DSCN5665.jpg

And here with an adjusted white balance...

DSCN5667.jpg

And here are the Par Ratings through the acrylic brace. Once I have a mounting solution they will be raised an inch or two.

LEDParRatings.jpg

Those numbers if they are tough to read, they are 1600, 500, 450, and 290. :D

Tank is too wide for a FTS, you can't see anything...

Here are a few close up's of some of the corals you've seen and a few you haven't...

DSCN5626.jpg

DSCN5627.jpg

DSCN5628.jpg

DSCN5629.jpg

Reverse side:

DSCN5648.jpg

DSCN5632.jpg

Acan eating a shrimp molt...

DSCN5637.jpg

DSCN5640.jpg

DSCN5643.jpg

DSCN5644.jpg

DSCN5649.jpg

DSCN5651.jpg

DSCN5652.jpg

DSCN5654.jpg

DSCN5655.jpg

DSCN5657.jpg

Hey, new pictures! Looks awesome man!

Thanks!

Awesome. I've been researching replacing my HQI's with LEDS. I'll be keeping an eye on how yours develops! :)

I'll keep testing these, and see how things develop... So far I love the lack of heat, and the open look! I can actually look down into my tank again!!!

That's some serious PAR output. Congrats Eric. Good choice in light. FTV? full-tank-video?!?! :D

Thanks! The Video's can't adjust for white balance so I don't like them, but I'll work on it as soon as I have the pendants mounted. I have an idea on how to do it, just have to find the materials.

Thanks! While the spread looks good, the PAR numbers between the pendants isn't crazy so I'll retest once I raise them a little (mounted) and if they are still a little low, I'm going to add 1 more.

polarblair2000
Tank is too wide for a FTS, you can't see anything...

Do you have photoshop? (Or something similar) If you do, you could take a panoramic shot and stitch them together for a FTS :D

I think a Panoramic FTS would look amazing!!!

BTW I love your tank. Would love to do something like this later on :)

What kind of par are you shooting for at sand level? If you leave some low par areas between the rocks you could keep some of those deepwater zoas and sun corals or gorgs in those places.

Do you have photoshop? (Or something similar) If you do, you could take a panoramic shot and stitch them together for a FTS :D

I think a Panoramic FTS would look amazing!!!

BTW I love your tank. Would love to do something like this later on :)

Yes I have software but it's tough because there is no background and the stitching gets messed up due to the see through look of the tank. Takes 2 people 1 to shoot the other to hold up a block.

Not impossible but have many more time requiring tasks right now.

What kind of par are you shooting for at sand level? If you leave some low par areas between the rocks you could keep some of those deepwater zoas and sun corals or gorgs in those places.

No goal in mind, but zoo's are not the focus so I'm after consistent high light throughout.

Ordered some equipment for mounting the LEDs hope fully I can get started next week sometime.