• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

First, sorry I couldn't quote everyone, this only allows so many quotes per post. :( But thank you for all your comments and feedback!

B-E-A-Utiful. :o

i'll take 1 to go thanks, deliver to edmonton, canada. thanks again for setting this whole thing up for me by the way.

Thanks Boom! Sure, just wire over the cash and come pick it up. ;)

I think you're right on the middle light set up or the right set up. Finally some new pics, I've been waiting all week.

Thanks! Yeah I'm going with the center config.

Awww ya! That looks great. ;)

Thanks!

I bet those fish are loving the swimming room!

Yeah, they are all over the place, even in the overflow! LOL!

*clicked reply, then didn't know what to say*..... :bowdown:

LOL! Thanks ;)

WOW your tank brings a whole new meaning to Envy

LOL Thanks!!!

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh-----Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

:o

LOL!

12' tank = 100% win

Thanks!

this tank is an inspiration to us all

its a hope of mine that i might someday build something as awesome as this

i wish you the best of luck

Thank you! I'm sure there are cooler things out there though, just look at the TOTM's.

good lord thats awesome!!! there is a god, and its in the form of a 12' masterpeice!!

That's funny!

Okay, so one more pic, it's probably too small to read, but. Here's some PAR ratings!!! 375 on the sand in the center!!!!!!!

ParReadings.jpg

i say u leave the lightin on the middle and right asis, and match the left with the right! in the pic the middle and right look sweet! but in person could be dif. imo

Calvin , Don't know if this will help or not , but I too went through alot of different bulb combo's to get the right look for my all monti cap tank and finally came up with a 4 bulb combo that matched my MH 14k Phoienx bulbs on my other tanks . This combo IMO is not to white and not to blue , plus I get great growth out of my Monti's . Hope this helps ! John

FRONT

ATI - Aqua Blue 12k Special

ATI - Blue Plus

UVL - Aqua Sun

ATI - Blue Plus

BACK

Edited by Sea Slug

Cal, I think your lights will really depend on what your trying to grow and in what area. The blue + and Aquablue combo is a very good all around combo and very popluar. I run a equal amount on my fixture as well. One thing to think about is running that on all the fixtures and down the line getting some actinic 420nm led's to make corals in certian areas pop more. the Blue + alone do a great job, but their are certian monti's and chalices that I have found the extra actinic really does wonders with when all the lights are on............JMHO

Cal, I think your lights will really depend on what your trying to grow and in what area. The blue + and Aquablue combo is a very good all around combo and very popluar. I run a equal amount on my fixture as well. One thing to think about is running that on all the fixtures and down the line getting some actinic 420nm led's to make corals in certian areas pop more. the Blue + alone do a great job, but their are certian monti's and chalices that I have found the extra actinic really does wonders with when all the lights are on............JMHO

awesome PAR readings

according to this http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2009/1/aafeature1

at the bottom, shows a graph of intensity in aquaria, ur in the top 25% id say

wud be interesting to see how many corals colour shift because of that, u shud try a browned out acro and see what happens:D

peace

wow that is looking really great!!! i like the middle section of lighting the best in terms of color (of course im not looking at it in person).... the one thing that really stood out to me in the pictures is the fuge light spilling out from the under cabinet, are you running it on a reverse schedule?

greatest tank ever!

TOTM for sure!

Whats the grand total for all this so far? Its pretty awesome and a dream that you have fulfilled for me and many others lol. :bowdown:

obviously more than most of us can afford! since his thread is visited daily, hoping, HOPING for some more updates....and hey he built it all from scratch!!!

post-34018-1233469338_thumb.jpg

PRICELESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Tank looks great Calvin

Thanks! Just has a long way to go!!!

what do you plan on finishing the lights with?

Ply, vinyl, and some fans. :D

i say u leave the lightin on the middle and right asis, and match the left with the right! in the pic the middle and right look sweet! but in person could be dif. imo

Might have to initially, it will be cheaper. :D

Man awesome tank! I can't believe those silly chromis are still finding their way to the overflow with all that swimming space. Bastards!

LOL! Yeah, I just left him in there, I'm sick of fishing him out.

DAMN!!!

Thanks! I think. ;)

Holy crap that's a work of art there! Gorgeous tank! No words could describe just how sweet that tank is.

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

:o *drools

*Hands a napkin. ;)

Calvin , Don't know if this will help or not , but I too went through alot of different bulb combo's to get the right look for my all monti cap tank and finally came up with a 4 bulb combo that matched my MH 14k Phoienx bulbs on my other tanks . This combo IMO is not to white and not to blue , plus I get great growth out of my Monti's . Hope this helps ! John

FRONT

ATI - Aqua Blue 12k Special

ATI - Blue Plus

UVL - Aqua Sun

ATI - Blue Plus

BACK

Thanks! Yeah, the 6500K should be a 10k IMO, but they were included with the setup's I picked up so I tried to use them. At least I should expect some good growth if I stick with them. :)

DIY LED's will be coming later this month with our clubs DIY project at this months meeting.

awesome PAR readings

according to this http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2009/1/aafeature1

at the bottom, shows a graph of intensity in aquaria, ur in the top 25% id say

wud be interesting to see how many corals colour shift because of that, u shud try a browned out acro and see what happens:D

peace

Thanks! I'm sure I'll get some time to test lots of stuff as the year goes on.

Thanks everyone for you comments, I'm limited on quotes per post, I'll reply to the others as soon as the timer runs out. :D

wow that is looking really great!!! i like the middle section of lighting the best in terms of color (of course im not looking at it in person).... the one thing that really stood out to me in the pictures is the fuge light spilling out from the under cabinet, are you running it on a reverse schedule?

Thanks! I too like the color in the middle best, luckily, I plan on making that center island Acan Island, so hopefully the colors will be insane. Yes, the light spills, I need to work on that, as the fuge runs 24/7. I've had great results going this route in the past so I'm not going to mess with it, other than try to control the spill.

greatest tank ever!

TOTM for sure!

Thanks, we'll see...

Whats the grand total for all this so far? Its pretty awesome and a dream that you have fulfilled for me and many others lol. :bowdown:

Don't know... Don't really want to know... DIY has saved a ton, but certainly more than $100.00

obviously more than most of us can afford! since his thread is visited daily, hoping, HOPING for some more updates....and hey he built it all from scratch!!!

post-34018-1233469338_thumb.jpg

PRICELESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

LOL, Thanks!

I'm so new but very appreciative of the hard DIY work put into this. I just blew an hour reading this thread!

Congrats on such a beauty.

-jds

Thanks for taking the time to read it. :D I really appreciate it.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

LOL! Thanks!

Thanks everyone! I'll keep the update coming as they happen. My time has been really cut, I'm helping a friend build a 60x36x24 to match the 225 I also have at my folk.