• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

Just my 2 cents...

I think your tank is way more innovative and your attention to detail far exceeds the RC competition. I really cannot wait to see the water in this thing. I have to agree that you were right all along with the design of the overflow. It makes it so much cleaner. I love that shot from the inside of the tank looking all the way down to the overflow.

Chuck

LOL! Yeah, start on one side and start walking (25 feet ;) )

Damn, never thought about it that way, yeah its 12' long, but being double sided that's 25' feet of fish tank to look at. I'd lose weight just walking around the fish tank!

woah... I hadn't seen this yet! That's awesome man

Thanks! :D

I voted for you! While the solar tank is nice, I guess it's not a huge surprise after reading about Richard Harker's 2000 gallon tank 6 years ago...or Dr. Lee Cin Eng's paper in the '60s.

Thanks!!!

wow, how did i miss this thread?!

crazy setup, cant wait to see it up and runing

Thanks, I can't wait either. :D

voted on RC

Thanks!

Sweet awesomeness that tank.

Sorry for the useless post just wanted to tag this thread.

-pinner

LOL! Thanks!

Just my 2 cents...

I think your tank is way more innovative and your attention to detail far exceeds the RC competition. I really cannot wait to see the water in this thing. I have to agree that you were right all along with the design of the overflow. It makes it so much cleaner. I love that shot from the inside of the tank looking all the way down to the overflow.

Chuck

Thanks, I appreciate all the attention the tank is getting, win or lose I'm thrilled with the response. Hope everyone is able to take something away from my experience. I can't wait to have it filled and see if I can view all 12' :D

Damn, never thought about it that way, yeah its 12' long, but being double sided that's 25' feet of fish tank to look at. I'd lose weight just walking around the fish tank!

LOL!!!! That's funny!

Sorry, no further updates yet, I'm still short on votes but no big deal, it helps keep the stress levels down to finish it quickly especially now that I'm out of money. ;)

CRAP! I knew I was forgetting something... Where were you when I was planning everything out? Now I have to put the fridge somewhere else. :(

Holy sweetness, how did I miss this!?

You need to have rolling chairs that slide back and forth for best viewing. Can I come scuba dive in it? I am only 5'6" so i shoudl fit!

Holy sweetness, how did I miss this!?

You need to have rolling chairs that slide back and forth for best viewing. Can I come scuba dive in it? I am only 5'6" so i shoudl fit!

LOL! Thanks! Sure, I'm only 5'9" so we should both fit (at the same time!). ;)

Edited by calvin415
CRAP! I knew I was forgetting something... Where were you when I was planning everything out? Now I have to put the fridge somewhere else. :(

haha you need to make a chair that slides on rails all the way around the tank with a mini fride on the bottom of it haha

Calvin , Quick question on your aquascape plans.........are you going for a more open look with alot of the live rock in the sump area or are you going with the majority of the live rock in the tank ? Either way it's going to be awesome B) . Not that you asked for it but , my vote is for a more open look so the fish can get some speed up from end to end :lol: . Like you and everyone else , I can't wait to seee it filled and running . Congrats one one of the best projects seen in a long long time !

Thanks guys!

Sea Slug, I'm going for a mix actually... It will be 5 or 6 rock islands allowing room for fish to swim the length, but also back and forth. :D At least that's the plan. LOL!

Only update: I picked up some exterior paint for the stand (don't want any drips to affect it) and had it matched to the wall paint. As soon as I can find a little time, I hope to get some water in the tank (only a gallon or two) so I can ensure the tank is level and then attach the plywood to the stand and fill the gaps with greatstuff. I'm debating on trim, I'm thinking doing a floor trim (like in the rec room) around the bottom of the tank to cover the ply and styro, anyone have some other ideas?

I've heard doing black acrylic, but that would involve seaming two pieces together again...

Thanks!

Edited by calvin415
Only update: I picked up some exterior paint for the stand (don't want any drips to affect it) and had it matched to the wall paint. As soon as I can find a little time, I hope to get some water in the tank (only a gallon or two) so I can ensure the tank is level and then attach the plywood to the stand and fill the gaps with greatstuff. I'm debating on trim, I'm thinking doing a floor trim (like in the rec room) around the bottom of the tank to cover the ply and styro, anyone have some other ideas?

I've heard doing black acrylic, but that would involve seaming two pieces together again...

Thanks!

What about just using some MDF baseboards cut to size and painted to match the stand.

I voted for you. The solar tube one is tough competition though, I really liked that thread too. If you don't win, there's still TOTM (which I think is going to be more fitting for this anyways).

Edited by Uhuru