Innovative Marine Aquariums

Calvin415's LED lit 12 footer

calvin415

bro, i wish i had you skills, your tank, and your money. lol

cant wait to see the fisnished product.

LOL! Thanks, not sure about money though... My wife stays at home w/ our 2 kids and one on the way, plus a 2k mortgage. :( I'm broke!!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

LOL! Thanks, not sure about money though... My wife stays at home w/ our 2 kids and one on the way, plus a 2k mortgage. :( I'm broke!!!

lol. at least you have a wife that understands your passion about your hobby.

"someone" that i know broke up with their ex because they didnt understand that "someone's" passion for the hobby. is it obvious that "someone" is me? lol anyways, my gf now actually has a oranda tank of her own(that i take care of). and spends more money on her tank than i do.

ya but you will still have one sweet tank

LOL! I hope so! ;)

+1 to that!

Thanks! :D

one word; DAYUM!

thats a nice setup you have there i love your acrylic work with this one

LOL! Thanks, always trying to push the envelope...

lol. at least you have a wife that understands your passion about your hobby.

"someone" that i know broke up with their ex because they didnt understand that "someone's" passion for the hobby. is it obvious that "someone" is me? lol anyways, my gf now actually has a oranda tank of her own(that i take care of). and spends more money on her tank than i do.

We all have our passions, aquariums are cars are mine, and she knew that from the beginning. Fortunately she she also has learned to enjoy the fish along with cars. :D Now the trick is to get the kids grown up so she can go back to work and I can start to buy some real toys... ;)

LOL! I hope so! ;)

LOL! Thanks, always trying to push the envelope...

We all have our passions, aquariums are cars are mine, and she knew that from the beginning. Fortunately she she also has learned to enjoy the fish along with cars. :D Now the trick is to get the kids grown up so she can go back to work and I can start to buy some real toys... ;)

what are you doing online,, less play more work!! now get working on that project so i can see the end result!!! :P

Working, or I'm supposed to be... Can't work on the tank until I get home, and actually I've been waiting for my larger solvent bottles (being delivered today). If there is time tonight, perhaps I can get the top welded on.

Top and Bottom are done, all that's left is flush trim routing. :D

I need the foam for the stand anyway and decided to give it a shot welding on top of it. WOW! By far the easiest way to shim up the weld since the stryo allows the shims to slip under the acrylic without trying to lift the entire assembly. I also tried a new mix; I added approx 1/8-3/16" (measuring from the bottom of the bottle) of WeldOn 16 to the 2oz bottles before adding WeldOn 3, let the mix sit for a while to ensure the 16 was fully disolved... I again used 2 copper wire trands twisted together for the pin method and allowed approx 1:30 (min:sec) soak time before pulling the pins (spaced approx 8" apart). To accomplish adding this mix to approx 25.5 ft of 1/2" acrylic in 1:30, a friend and I each used a 16ga needle on a 2oz bottle both applying it at the same time.

Here's the bottom going on:

DSCN4393.jpg

DSCN4392.jpg

DSCN4390.jpg

DSCN4389.jpg

DSCN4388.jpg

And the rough length before flush trimming; this will put it as long as I can go (about 3/8" short of hitting the column)...

DSCN4386.jpg

Thanks everyone! :D

AcroporaLokani, The 4 12' pieces cost me 500.00 (took 2 sheets of 1/2" to build) and the ends and overflow box were about another 75.00

I just got the acrylic for my sumps, and that's costing me another 170.00 but still have to order the acrylic tubing for the skimmer...

Well Reeflo had a sale today, and I just couldn't help myself... They were practically giving them away!!!

DSCN4396.jpg

1 Dart CL, 1 Dart for the mixing tanks, 1 Dart for a back up, 1 Dart is for my buddy who helped with the build and 1 Dart is TBD...

ChasingChickens
Well Reeflo had a sale today, and I just couldn't help myself... They were practically giving them away!!!

DSCN4396.jpg

1 Dart CL, 1 Dart for the mixing tanks, 1 Dart for a back up, 1 Dart is for my buddy who helped with the build and 1 Dart is TBD...

tbd to give to a fellow reefer? :) jk jk

looks nice, can't wait to see the set up!

Holy pumps....

I seriously think this is one of the best DIY projects I have seen on any site. Its all in the details. Very nice. I cannot wait to see corals in it.

Chuck

tbd to give to a fellow reefer? :) jk jk

looks nice, can't wait to see the set up!

Close, actually I ended up trading it with Marc (melev) for one of his RO/DI units.

Holy pumps....

I seriously think this is one of the best DIY projects I have seen on any site. Its all in the details. Very nice. I cannot wait to see corals in it.

Chuck

Thanks! I actually finished the tank last night (well 99% done, still need a little polishing) and hope to get some friends over tonight to get it on the stand and find out how out of level my stand it... More pics coming. :D Of course the tank is the easy part, I still have the filtration and flow to build. :D

AWESOME! That is all i can say...holy smokes...tagging along!!!!

-DCG

Holy pumps....

Chuck

I agree.

Amazing... I am actually getting a MH set up from the wife as a b-day gift!

I don't think I could convince her to let me put something like this in.

Keep up the Great work!

I like it...I like it a loottt ( in Lloyd's voice from Dumb and Dumber) :o ...this is gonna be soo crazy!

LOL! Thanks!

I agree.

Thanks!

This is siiiiick! I cant wait to see it with water!

Me either! :D

Im so excited!

Thanks! Me too!