Top Shelf Aquatics

***StevieT's Media Rack for the RSM ***

StevieT

Yes, I will be lowering the box so that the skimmate does hit the lid, this is a very very rough first try, I made this up in like 10 mins. Thanks for the sudgestion! B)

I have a lot of acrylic tubing on hand so I am going to be using that, since I will be adding this to my product line, I needed to find something that would work and so the user can just drop in their tank.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't wait to get so $ for my median rack! Keep up the mods...

Cant wait to get my hands on one of those cups! My OCD forces me to mess with the existing one placement on like an hourly basis. Hopefully we can fully open the RSM and leave the cup in place at all times.

OK, update on the cups.

I have the sizing correct, I have the opperation correct, but I need to wait for some round pieces of acrylic to come in. They are called cabochons and they will act just like the tunze cup works. When the foam hits that round part on the lid, it will be forced to the sides. Right now I have a little bit of foam breaking and falling back into the tube. This cup is going to be really great, I am so excited.

How nice will it to be able to open and close the hood again with no issues?!

And the best thing IMO is that they can be shipped flat rate USPS priority, so we all save on shipping!

404_cabochon.jpg

The ones I found are solid. They are about the same price (not cheap) and I placed an order for 50 of them plus some more tubes since I can feel these are going to sell fast.

If the ones I found do not work I can return them and I have your links, the first one is very promising! thank you again..

I have had my skimmer running for 2 days now and I do not have any foam anywhere. anyone run into this?

I even pulled the skimmer apart to check if the hose was attached on the pump side. Everything looked ok from what I could tell. The pump turns on, but nothing

The cup looks promising ... finally ... there is no need to remove the cup before I open the hood....

I have had my skimmer running for 2 days now and I do not have any foam anywhere. anyone run into this?

I even pulled the skimmer apart to check if the hose was attached on the pump side. Everything looked ok from what I could tell. The pump turns on, but nothing

What skimmer are you using? Stock POS or Tunze?

unfortunately nothing. I think I may have a bum skimmer.

It has been since last thursday with no skimmer connected. Am I running any risks at this point?

contact tunze, you may have a faulty venture (sp) there has been a few units with this problem recently. They can send you out a new one.

if it isn't doing anything remove it from the tank, just keep up on water changes

thanks for the advise. I just called Tunze and Roger said the exact same thing. He said the Venturi on about 40 units that were shipped out were from an older unit. He is sending me the new peice priority mail today. He said he has received calls on this before and has always fixed the problem. The problem is the older part is not allowing any air suction into the skimmer. US got 20 of the 40 faulty units.

and about 80% of them are in RSM tanks!!!! good luck with the new part, it should fix the problem.

thanks for the advise. I just called Tunze and Roger said the exact same thing. He said the Venturi on about 40 units that were shipped out were from an older unit. He is sending me the new peice priority mail today. He said he has received calls on this before and has always fixed the problem. The problem is the older part is not allowing any air suction into the skimmer. US got 20 of the 40 faulty units.

You are like the 5th guy I heard about this on nano-reef.com or in my area .... so don't feel too bad ... if the fixed one, you will love it ... mine has been skimming very well for the first day and doing even better on the third day ...

unbeatablebonz
As adam (tony) said, the RSM comes with a nice strip of glass on both sides at the bottom for this rack to sits on. It allows the water to pass through from the rack to the Tunze skimmer. The reason it was there is because the sock skimmer rested on top of it. It worked out perfect for us!

Hollow-

Thank you. It took around 3-4 hours total. But there were 20 min dry times in there and PM answering on Nano-reef B) . I also cleaned out my rear chambers and had to make custom mounts and brackets for drilling and gluing.

I could do another one in 1.5-2hrs total of working and drying time. If anyone needs one for their RSM, I am sure we could work something out.

the eggcrate that was resting on the very bottom shelf, the one that housed the chemi pure, has floated up and rested on the side. You can actually see it in the picture. I don't think there is any reason to fix this, it really doesn't do anything and the only reason I put it down there was because I made so many squares.

Hey Steve,

I'd like to purchase one. Looks nice! Contact me and we can set it up.

Mike mwitonsky@gmail.com

Just got the shipping confirm....Its at the house. I will let you know how it works out. I hate being at work! You are so lucky having your tank right there.

Thanks

Steve

Here are a few updated pictures from my last production run. I have a few in stock for sale, all others will be shipped out tomorrow, thank you to all that have placed orders in the past!

Next production run will be for retail sales, and the skimmer cup will be in production this weekend!

IMG_4489.jpg

IMG_4490.jpg

IMG_4491.jpg

IMG_4492.jpg

IMG_4493.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

IMG_4498.jpg

IMG_4503.jpg

IMG_4505.jpg

Those look GREAT! The upper shelf looks deep enough for a hunk of chaeto resting on the black foam. I know you don't run chaeto, but I've found it helpful in my Biocube 14.

Hi Steve

I'd like to purchase one media rack and ship with FedEx to France, is that possible ?

email : phullbrick a t gmail.com

thank you :)

Hi Steve

I'd like to purchase one media rack and ship with FedEx to France, is that possible ?

email : phullbrick a t gmail.com

thank you :)

yes, I ship world wide but USPS priority will be cheaper. Email sent with details.

The media rack has made such a difference in my tank! Now that all the water is forced down the column, thru the sponge, phoszorb, purigen and chemi pure, my tank never looked better! Thanks again Steve!

Archived