Cultivated Reef

"Project Fortune Cookie" is a go!

Legion

Well today I had to bite the bullet. I bought a chiller for my tank. I got home today and it was in the high 90's outside & I check my tank temp, 84! :o This is with the windows close & the AC running. So I should be picking it up tomorrow. Damn this California weather. Now I have to put more stuff in my tank. :angry: A pump & a return hose. :P

Reefer-tron
1:3 - And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Pic2104.jpg

Now let the game begin....I know, I know, its BRIGHT! ;)

Yes, yes it is. Nice job excited to see what corals you get and how they respond to your large amounts of PC lighting.

Yes, yes it is. Nice job excited to see what corals you get and how they respond to your large amounts of PC lighting.

Hi Reefer-tron,

Besides the heat from living in a warm area, the corals are doing good. I have ricordia's, acans, zoa's, and 2 clams. So far so good. Some acans have babies under them. What started as only 3 heads, now there are at least 10 around the base of the plug. Lets see how long it holds up. :D

• 5 months later...

The cookie is back! I had to take a little time off to get my tank setup the right way. LOL Ok... a few months, but I'm back. Some things have died & have gone back to the LFS, but the tank is still up and running. Pictures are soon to come!

My single Acan went from little babies

acan1.jpg

To blowing up to the size of a baseball!!! My friends at Aquarium Works can't believe that my 8 gallon tank can grow Acans so fast.

acan2.jpg

That is just one of them. I just bought some sick ass ones at Reef-A-Palooza. My tank is all Acans now.

Goodnight everyone. :happy:

Nice tank. I love those acans!

Thanks Willyboy! Acans have been the best & strongest coral since I got into the hobby. They can take a beating & keep on ticking. I've have other corals melt or bite the bullet on me, but EVERY Acan has made it in my tank & just blow up. Here are some on the top mixed with micro's.

acan3.jpg

Thanks for looking & please feel free to leave comments. ;)

thats a neat lookign tank you got there. i would recommend maybe some more rock in the background.

Thanks for looking at my tank and for leaving the nice comment. I would put more rock in, but I don't have much space. The tank is 10 gallons, but it's shaped weird. There is about 8 pounds of live rock in there right now. Here is a picture of my clown fish.

nemo.jpg

:D

Archived