Pod Your Reef

My Finnex 4 Gal ... I hope it works :)

tarajean0627

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love your set up on your 4 gallon. :) Why don't you have it anymore? upgraded?

I know I keep telling my husband that I want to upgrade to a bigger tank, but what he doesn't know is that when we upgrade I will probably still keep this tank running. LOL I just love it too much and I think if I was to move my green clown goby over to a bigger tank I would prob never seen him/her.

Thanks for following along. :)

Just for s&g's here is some comparison pics of before and after the new light and new aquascape. :)

Sarah

Yeah the idea was to upgrade.... I traded my complete setup with corals and everything for an empty 140 gallon tank that I never setup and eventually gave away.... I regret it everytime I think about it.

Upgrading is cool but many times it can be a curse. I have a 7 gallon right now and am chillin with it. YOur tank actually had me looking at another finnex for the desk though. It's a great size and the design is the pleasing to the eye :)

One thing I was going to do before I got rid of mine was take off the filter and do a nano remora... maybe something to consider... that'd be awesome

I'm in sociology class right now (boring) and I just read all 7 pages of you're thread. Your tank has come a long way! It looks great.

I'm in sociology class right now (boring) and I just read all 7 pages of you're thread. Your tank has come a long way! It looks great.

Thanks! I am glad I could give you something to enjoy during your class. I know how they can be! LOL :)

Yea winter session is not fun, the same class 2 hours a day 5 days a week. (none of you say Im complaining either like work is 8 hours a day and all that, I work full time too)

Its a great tank tara, keep up the good work :happy:

Hi all,

Well I can't believe this happened but I woke up this lovely moring and my husband said, "honey I have some bad news for you".... ok... heart starts racing and mind starts running to all the worst things that could happen. I say what? He said "sometime during the night your little green fish in your saltwater tank must have jumped out and he landing on the floor cuz I that is where I found him this morning."

Oh NO!! I can't believe it! I have had that fish for almost 8 months and he/she had never even gave me the idea that he was a jumper! I don't understand what would make him do that? I am very upset about this and I think I am still in shock. But he is gone and its just wierd!

Then something slightly funny happened. My husband asks me is there anything that we can put over the top of the tank as a lid or something. I said no it doesn't come with any....but the new tank that I want to upgrade to does....LOL He just gave me a dirty look. I think that is because he helped me to set up another 16 gallon tank yesterday that I am going to be using for fancy goldfish. LOL So I guess I need to give it some time and we will see.

I am still in shock that my preciouse green clown goby is no longer with us and how after all this time he decided to jump out of the tank. :tears::tears::(

• 1 month later...

Sorry to read about your Goby. I'm seriously considering getting the Finnex 4 gal for a pico reef in my office. I have a 24g Aquapod at home. I'm torn between the Finnex 4g, the 2.5g JBJ Picotope, and Azoo 2.5g mirror bowfront. Do you or anyone else have any thoughts about the other contenders? I know I want glass and not acrylic, but other than that I'm flexible. I just need low cost and decent lighting/filtration to start out. I'm leaning heavily towards the Finnex but it is, of course, the most expensive. Where did you get yours? How much did it run you with shipping? I'm having trouble finding many carriers of the Finnex 4g. I love how your pico turned out . . . I plan to plagiarize your work extensively ;)

Chris

Hi all,

Well I can't believe this happened but I woke up this lovely moring and my husband said, "honey I have some bad news for you".... ok... heart starts racing and mind starts running to all the worst things that could happen. I say what? He said "sometime during the night your little green fish in your saltwater tank must have jumped out and he landing on the floor cuz I that is where I found him this morning."

Oh NO!! I can't believe it! I have had that fish for almost 8 months and he/she had never even gave me the idea that he was a jumper! I don't understand what would make him do that? I am very upset about this and I think I am still in shock. But he is gone and its just wierd!

Then something slightly funny happened. My husband asks me is there anything that we can put over the top of the tank as a lid or something. I said no it doesn't come with any....but the new tank that I want to upgrade to does....LOL He just gave me a dirty look. I think that is because he helped me to set up another 16 gallon tank yesterday that I am going to be using for fancy goldfish. LOL So I guess I need to give it some time and we will see.

I am still in shock that my preciouse green clown goby is no longer with us and how after all this time he decided to jump out of the tank. :tears::tears::(

tarajean0627
Sorry to read about your Goby. I'm seriously considering getting the Finnex 4 gal for a pico reef in my office. I have a 24g Aquapod at home. I'm torn between the Finnex 4g, the 2.5g JBJ Picotope, and Azoo 2.5g mirror bowfront. Do you or anyone else have any thoughts about the other contenders? I know I want glass and not acrylic, but other than that I'm flexible. I just need low cost and decent lighting/filtration to start out. I'm leaning heavily towards the Finnex but it is, of course, the most expensive. Where did you get yours? How much did it run you with shipping? I'm having trouble finding many carriers of the Finnex 4g. I love how your pico turned out . . . I plan to plagiarize your work extensively ;)

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for your thoughts about my Goby. I have yet to replace him. All the gobies that I can fit in my tank at the pet shop do not look like they are in the greatest of health and I am hoping to get a larger tank soon so I don't want to get something that won't work out.

On to your question. I will say I really love the finnex 4 gal and it has really served its purpose for me. I will say that I tried my best to stick with the stock filter and lighting. It does alright with soft corals but I also didn't know what I was missing till I upgraded the light. My corals are doing so much better now. Before even my zoas were wilting away because they weren't getting enough light. The filter on the other hand is sufficiant enough. I have up graded twice on this tank but to tell you the truth I think it would have done just fine with the stock filter if I had reliezed it was the lack of light that was my problem. :) Other than that I think the tank is great! I am having some really great success with it. My corals are out of control right now and I either need to upgrade to a larger tank or I am going to have to get rid of some of my corals. ( I have never fragged before so this is extremely scarey lol).

I got my finnex from the finnex website itself. It was only $60 with light and filter. I don't remember what the shipping was on it but I think that is because I got it with free shipping. Believe me it is well worth it! Here is the link to the tank on Finnex's website.

http://www.finnex.net/itemdetail.php?id=28

Be careful...this one is the 50/50 bulb and it is $65 the other with the daylight only bulb is $60. I guess the price went up in the last year since I got mine but only by 5 bucks so it is all good. :)

I hope this helped and when you get it set up start a thread and let me know so I can follow along. Again it is a great tank and I love mine so good luck and plagiarize away my friend.

Sarah

• 2 months later...

Archived