Coral Vue Hydros

abe's 285g who doesnt like a picture update?

abe

new tank, 550lbs LR, solaris 72" LED I4 fixture. :)

120gallon sump, nova extreme 4x24watt T5 fuge lighting.

pretty much all i have for now, i'll be posting pics soon.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy crap that sounds amazing :bowdown: . I'm tagging along to see this tank. I bet the solaris is awesome

thanks guys. and yes, that red goni. my lfs has one in!!! :)

keeping a detailed journal on the LED lighting performance. ;)

i put in a CUC last night... it was a hell of a lot of hermits and snails... they are all over my rockwork and front acrylic now.

uh oh, that tank is too small for that hippo tang :)

you need a much smaller tank if you want a hippo tang lol sorry

sounds like youre going all out on this setup, cant wait for pics

Holy crap, 550lbs of LR?!? This sounds like it will be a kick butt tank. I can't wait to see some pics!

:bowdown:

umm... there's 50+ hermits (i think red legged)

50+ nass snails

50+ turbo snails (not mexican turbos)

50+ cerith snails

50+ astrea snails

... i think theres a few margaritas too.

• 2 weeks later...

okay guys, fts tomorrow morning. i put in my clowns and they took to the frogspawn. last month, params have been 0 after initial spikes.

picture updates you guys requested:

fts:

119F4110.jpg

119F4113.jpg

119F4114.jpg

119F4115.jpg

119F4116.jpg

119F4117.jpg

119F4119.jpg

119F4122.jpg

119F4123.jpg

119F4124.jpg

119F4125.jpg

i know i stocked kinda fast... everything is fine.

Thats awesome. What are you planning in stocking fish and coral wise? I bet you could keep a small shark :lol:

thanks, just one more pair of clowns, two scooter blennies, six line wrasse, blue tang, and vlamingi tang. achilles tang if i can find one. corals, whatever i already have in my 65g and mini nems. no sharks for me. maybe scribbled rabbitfish. pretty much all i PLAN on stocking. the rest of livestock is from impulse buys. :P

oh yeah... lots and lots of clams :D

well, my 72" fixture not coming until june/july, sorry if i already said that. i am using 48" from LFS for time being. light is good. like how it does dimmer effect for sunrise sunset. and it is a powerful light, with major penetration. i would recommend, because the lights make colors POP.

couple new additions. huge elegance coral. colony of neon green cloves. got a big rock of zoas and green star polyps. will break it up to place them in different spots. it was an 85 dollar rock, but i got half off. here's the punch line... 25 polyps of armor of god on the piece. :P steal.

couple new additions. huge elegance coral. colony of neon green cloves. got a big rock of zoas and green star polyps. will break it up to place them in different spots. it was an 85 dollar rock, but i got half off. here's the punch line... 25 polyps of armor of god on the piece. :P steal.

Wow I imagine stocking a tank that big with corals would be hard because you probably need extra large colonies of everything

Archived