• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:happy: Gee thanks guys... :blush:

This guy popped out while feeding the tank last night

001-37.jpg

001-37.jpg

004-35.jpg

I cannot believe how much this one has grown.

dassall..... :P

• 2 weeks later...

Some new additions here as well....

A gift from Rehype-----Thanks my friend!

009-37.jpg

010-35.jpg

011-36.jpg

From the NJRC frag swap

008-38.jpg

040-13.jpg

And these new additions have revitalized my efforts in trying to rid this tank if the evil GHA .....which naturally leads to a re-scape event and a soaked carpet / socks situation.... :angry:

:lol: Perhaps a FTS tomorrow after the dust settles.

wow...im glad they made u post this! great tank! i love ur aquascape! where in nj u located? im in ocean county. glad to find a local reefer! keep up the good work!

wow...im glad they made u post this! great tank! i love ur aquascape! where in nj u located? im in ocean county. glad to find a local reefer! keep up the good work!

Thanks jerzsky!

MiddleSEX county here......Edison.

And there are quite a few NJ reefers on NR, as you will see. :)

Lookin mighty nice, and I like how the coralline on the back wall looks almost orange. :)

:happy:

Thanx Lani!

Prolly the "Warm nutmeg" paint in this room still showing thru.. <_<

If I found NR way back then I would have painted the back first.

Hmmmm, prolly would have drilled it too! ;)

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Still fighting some brown algae in here...

Since the bubbletip has gone MIA :( ....the clown has been hanging out in the yellow paly patch

028-21.jpg

Trying to come up with a way to build a couple levels of rock on the right side. I may build it out of dry base rock and cook it for a bit then add it later....too much lost real estate there.

got that right... :scarry: :scarry: :scarry:

Ah, what can I do....Took apart what I could to search......NG :mellow:

:huh:

hope yours doesnt try and nuke the tank like mine did :(

hope yours doesnt try and nuke the tank like mine did :(

:o when was this??? :o

I hope not too buddy. Has been missing for many weeks now..... :mellow:

Most of the corlz in here look very happy. Just wish I could get this brown algae under control.

Gonna try a blenny and adding a few astrea snails. Seems since the astreas have been eaten and or died off the tank has become a bit fuzzier :P . But I have other thoughts on the algae as well....

richie, i gotta post again...TANK LOOKS FLIPPIN AWESOME! cant wait to get some coralin like that on my back wall!!

LOL, Thanks Mark!

Give it time, it will get there!

:o when was this??? :o

I hope not too buddy. Has been missing for many weeks now..... :mellow:

Most of the corlz in here look very happy. Just wish I could get this brown algae under control.

Gonna try a blenny and adding a few astrea snails. Seems since the astreas have been eaten and or died off the tank has become a bit fuzzier :P . But I have other thoughts on the algae as well....

LOL, Thanks Mark!

Give it time, it will get there!

eh, last week. did some emergency tank switches and water changes...all good now, but lost a few things. no more bta's for me.

• 1 month later...

Very nice tank NRF! Love the aquascape, you wanna come fix my pile of rocks?

Do you have more information on the overflow? I'm in need of a sump and can't figure out what's needed for this size tank. Also I might have missed it but what type of return pump do you have?

Very nice tank NRF! Love the aquascape, you wanna come fix my pile of rocks?

Do you have more information on the overflow? I'm in need of a sump and can't figure out what's needed for this size tank. Also I might have missed it but what type of return pump do you have?

UGH! Sorry Sky....once again no email notification. Funny tho, I just got one from your thread! LOL

Anyway....Thanks for the kind words..I consider myself a lousy 'scaper but again, Thanks :P

As for the sump. I am running a Toms overflow / canister filter that I plumbed a ten gal slow flow fuge into.

See the first page, post #5 for more info and pics.

Boy, this is a great thread. how did I get suckered into going through this entire thing? That just killed an hour Christmas Day. Lol

Nice job man. Very entertaining.

Boy, this is a great thread. how did I get suckered into going through this entire thing? That just killed an hour Christmas Day. Lol

Nice job man. Very entertaining.

Thanks Dex, glad you liked it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all.

:)

Was making rather Merry today and I have a feeling I will pay for this in the morning..... :happy:

dag! that is a whole lotta yellow polyps...do they sting other corals in the tank? i had to isolate mines :( they were getting a little crazy :wacko:

Needreefunds
dag! that is a whole lotta yellow polyps...do they sting other corals in the tank? i had to isolate mines :( they were getting a little crazy :wacko:

LOL, Thanks. I tried to give them plenty of room, but you know how that goes.... :rolleyes:

They have just started to grow into those pink zoos, and so far look to be growing amongst each other....I should know better in a few weeks.

Needreefunds

OK, I just looked up from my laptop to see my Linear blenny flopping on the carpet. :o

After gently picking him up and trying to re-introduce him into the tank, he did that dead fishy twist in the flow to the bottom... :( After panting for an hour or so, amazingly, color has returned, eye movement and has regained a more alert posture. I actually think he may survive and so I am once again on a mission to construct a net like cover for this tank.

The many HOB items I have running has always presented a problem, as well as the bow front. Right now I would really like to find some type of plastic doweling, another thing that has derailed this project in the past.

You know, like 1/4" or so, stiff, yet flexible so I can make a frame and still follow the bend.

Any ideas here would be appreciated.

TIA. :mellow:

--Richie

Archived