Coral Vue Hydros

"OverKill" Reef - My Bathroom Nano

jcohen9999

Oh yeah, GFY, if you want to whine anymore about crap PM me so we don't destroy a thread being weiners.

weiner....lol.

filefish949
Oh yeah, GFY, if you want to whine anymore about crap PM me so we don't destroy a thread being weiners.

carefull, he may go ding ding lol

psssssssh. Tang police have arrived on the scene. Report of blue hippo tang is confirmend. We are going in to inspect the situation, someone watch my lambo while i'm taking care of this. Over 10-4

TangPolice.jpg

nice looking tank though!

Not half bad! Something pretty to look at while you go #2. Let me guess, you can easily spend an hour in the bathroom taking a dump now ;)

As long as you move the little guy when he becomes too large (which is probably coming up pretty quick) you are still in my good books. A baby tang is better in a well established nano, with a responsible hobbyist, then at the LFS.

Take a look at my sig - OMG 2 TANGS IN A 20G lol.

(if you want to know why, go read the thread, it isn't too long)

Not half bad! Something pretty to look at while you go #2. Let me guess, you can easily spend an hour in the bathroom taking a dump now ;)

Man, I know I would.

One Question do you evey have any amonia problems...

Yeah...but not in that bowl of water :) Actually, my tank parameters are absolutely stable...lots of H20 equals lots of dilution.

I was almost afraid to respond to this thread after seeing all the pitchforks and sirens. And I certainly don't condone all the infighting but I appreciate the differing opinions. To be honest I get the Tang thing and I wish no harm to the fish so it will go soon...either to a larger tank in my home or to a buddy. Heck then I get room for another fish.

Thanks to all that comment on the set-up. I did a ton of reading on this site and RC before I did anything and I think I got it almost right. If I had one thing to do over it would be the overflow. It's way to slow as is. I saw a thread somewhere where the person used a drilled pvc pipe horizontally as an overflow and I might copy that idea.

After that I might add another layer onto my fuge/sump stack for a frag tank. Right now I have a bunch of frags in the fuge so I added a PH in there which is messing up my pod production.

InTr4nceWeTrust

Nice tank. I think you would know best when that tang needs to be moved. Too many people read books and hear something is bad but have no real experience and knowledge on the subject.

I'm actually thinking of doing a tank on my bathroom sink. A display quality 1/2 10 gallon frag tank. I'm going to put a volitan lionfish in there :P

Thanks.

I have a dwarf in my tank that eats flakes and small pellets. It pretty cool to watch him hang out on the rocks waiting for a flake to come by and then...bang, he's on it.

Archived