SaltCritters.com

The Official Sixline Wrasse Thread

GioReef

Here is mine the first day I added him to tank..lookin at me sideways

P1010098.jpg

great lil' fish and leaves my gobies alone..altho I think he had a peppermint skrimp snack <_<

Well my six-line has been acting weird recently. I recently took a McCosker's flasher wrasse out of my tank which my six-line would constantly chase and harass. After taking the other wrasse out, my six-line is doing weird things. Most of the day it swims around the aquarium right next to the glass attacking its reflection in the glass with blood red eyes... Any reason for this? Does anybody else have a fish that does this? It's quite entertaining, I just wanted to see if anyone had reasoning behind this..

Heres a pic of him checking out the shrooms..

post-41331-1234922372_thumb.jpg

I ended up getting a sixline after I took my clowns back because of excessive fighting. My question is how long are they shy for? Mine still hangs out in the rock work most of the time but hes coming out more it seems. Eating fine and everything so thats good.

I had a 6line wrasse for about a day and then I noticed some small white patches on him/her...

He never gave signs of being sick and was always dogging in and out of the rocks I have in my tank...next thing you know I didn't see him for 2 days and I found him...my ####ing hermit crab was going to town on him...

I got so pissed off I flushed my 6line wrasse and flushed my crab for having the balls to eat him!

anyway...theres a guy selling one local for $10...and I was thinking of getting it.

I just don't know how the fish will hold up with a peppermint shrimp (i was thinking of getting one of those too)

SpankythePyro

Got a 6line yesterday...

she looks to be constipated and her stomach seems a little bloated (you can see it through her skin i guess)

Her mucous coat is healthy though, you can see particulates stick to it.

Should I be worried? I know I should wait it out a couple days

• 4 months later...
Davidr... if you don't mind posting your pictures of the sixline that have been lost

Thanks

Sure...

Here is mine! Traded him for three heads of my Hammer Coral! :happydance:

7-12-09060.jpg

7-12-09058.jpg

7-12-09061.jpg

I still have to get some inTank shots, but he's very skittish to say the least!

• 4 weeks later...

He might eat the pedersons... if you really like them, dont add a sixline. If you want to risk it and you dont mind if they get eaten, add him.

IMHO i wouldnt

I got my six line 2 days ago for my 14g biocube. I drip-acclimated him for an hour and once he was in the tank he got on the LR like white on rice. :lol:

I noticed some white gunk on its scales on both sides this afternoon. It maybe remnants of its mucus bag still attached after it woke up but I'm not too sure. It can't be ick because isn't ick white spots on the fins and tail? It's acting normal, always pecking on the rocks and its eyes rolling around like its dizzy.

Well anyways here's a pic of Gonzo. Sorry for the bad iphone quality pic but you can at least see that white stuff on him. Any ideas on what it is?

IMG_0174.jpg

Its probably just sand that got stuck while sleeping. Their slime coat is very thick and everything stick to it. If it is gone by tomorrow or later dont worry about it. If it gets worse, see if you can figure out if its ick

Its probably just sand that got stuck while sleeping. Their slime coat is very thick and everything stick to it. If it is gone by tomorrow or later dont worry about it. If it gets worse, see if you can figure out if its ick

it's not sand for sure. It looks as if it's molting or something like that. I remember seeing the six line once it woke up early this morning and I watched it for almost 2 hours. I would've remembered seeing that stuff on it but it wasn't there this morning. I came back from work a few hours later and noticed it. He seems fine though. That's a good sign.

Edited by mongozx