Innovative Marine Aquariums

Day Job

scottyreef

I currently work for a small airline mainly based out of the northeast US but also has flights in the midwest. I graduated in May after studying Aviation Flight and Management and am currently pursuing a certified flight instructor license.

Edited by Dciaccia

Currently on Nursing BSN track here at Central Florida. As far as Part-time work goes I'm a licensed security guard. Usually means work 12 hour days for events on the weekends but its good pay! I recently submitted a bunch of applications to LF shops in my area to hopefully gain some cash to put into my tank.

Satellite Network Engineer for an emergency communications company. It can get interesting / stressful but it pays for my hobbies so. :D

That's what my girlfriend does. =)

I'm a pathologist.

Photography, Tank Maintenance, and Fedex for work. Go to school part time and am participating in rescue scuba courses to breach into cold water tech diving.

Another (prior) Navy guy here. Four years in and then two active reserve. I miss it sometimes. The job, but not the military bs. If I had stayed in I could've retired in 7 years :-\ REALLY miss that travelling.

Currently working at a LPS. Dream job? No, but it's fun and the people are great. The most laid back job I've ever had.

What was your rate? I started out as a deck seaman and made my way up to QM2 in about three years.

What was your rate? I started out as a deck seaman and made my way up to QM2 in about three years.

AT3. When I was in you pretty much ran into a brick wall trying to pick up second class. There were just too many of us. I was at a land based squadron that deployed to smaller ships. Worked on the SH60-B. Man I MISS being on a flight line. Intense sometimes. My detachment was one of the first to go out after 9-11. Now THAT was intense too.

Lol, you got me thinking back now. I was engaged to a shoe at one point :-P

All the civies will think that's the weirdest thing ever o.O

AT3. When I was in you pretty much ran into a brick wall trying to pick up second class. There were just too many of us. I was at a land based squadron that deployed to smaller ships. Worked on the SH60-B. Man I MISS being on a flight line. Intense sometimes. My detachment was one of the first to go out after 9-11. Now THAT was intense too.

Lol, you got me thinking back now. I was engaged to a shoe at one point :-P

All the civies will think that's the weirdest thing ever o.O

All the aviation rates are still blocked up. I got dropped from AW for medical in boot and I'm glad I did. They sent me un-designated off to Sasebo on LPD9, the Dirty D. I miss tons of things about the Navy, just not the Navy itself. I'm sure you know what I mean haha.

That's exactly why I got out. I loved my job, but I got tired of all the back stabbing and others taking credit for your work. The whole concept of rank means you can't do Jack spit about it either. I lost a lot of medals because my leads took credit for my work.

It's crazy that the aviation is still that jammed up. That was 10 years ago for me.

That's exactly why I got out. I loved my job, but I got tired of all the back stabbing and others taking credit for your work. The whole concept of rank means you can't do Jack spit about it either. I lost a lot of medals because my leads took credit for my work.

It's crazy that the aviation is still that jammed up. That was 10 years ago for me.

Exactly, my whole division or even department would have to take unnecessary risk on the job just to make our senior chief look good. Haha that guy was an #######.

Going to school right now and looking to make a career out of either insurance or hotel/resort management. Currently working as a teller at a bank to make $ for my addiction :lol:

Go union. My gfs sister is manager at an extended stay hotel, somthin like rated 20th in the united states for repeat customers and overall customer ratings, yet there are cleaners in the city under union contract making double her pay. She's looking to transfer.

im an apprentice lineman.. build power lines ive yet to meet another lineman intrested in saltwater lol i catch a hard time for it because its basicly a bunch of macho men persay but ive just always been dazzled by salt tanks setting them ups half the fun i think

I do IT work for a Hospital Software company. Travel the 50 states and install new systems in hospitals. Fun to travel but usually can't wait to get home to the family and my hobbies. Reefs being my newest hobby. But my other ones play into it well. I do some wood working on the side and I love photography. And I also like computers. Arduino system in my future. Keep my reef alive while I'm away.