Cultivated Reef

Day Job

scottyreef

Currently unemployed since October...

If you have any leads in the Philly area,let me know.

Looking in the general contracting/construction/maintenance/skilled trades

and/or marching band/drum corps/colorguard/visual design areas...lol

Currently making carbon-fiber lacrosse sticks while I work on a degree in software engineering. Previously worked as a low voltage cabling tech and also a microwave radio communications technician.

• 5 weeks later...

Last two summers working for town of kingsville, environmental services (water dept), upcoming last year of civil engineering at st Clair college in Windsor. I also made pizzas for five years of my life :D

TheDrunkenClam

Going to school right now and looking to make a career out of either insurance or hotel/resort management. Currently working as a teller at a bank to make $ for my addiction :lol:

thehobdenmarina

1st year apprentice welder, a few more years and I can build a monster tank :D once I get my journeyman I'll be a "high roller" Alberta employers pay a minimum of $75/hr for journeymans

Typo :P

Edited by thehobdenmarina
slickwill613
IBEW 827

HEY BROTHER! Guess I could google it but where is 827? You already know I'm from ratlanta. Are you on the friends and family website?

1st year apprentice welder, a few more years and I can build a monster tank :D once I get my journeyman I'll be a "high roller" Alberta employers pay a minimum of $75/hr for journeymans

Typo :P

Gotta love workers wages in canada. Hope it's a union gig

I am new here and Love this site btw!

For the past 5 years I have been in the Military (US Navy) 2nd class Petty Officer. Currently up in Maryland and have been all over the country and many countries in the past 5 years. I have another 5 years to go before I either get out or stay in and sign another 4-6 years. I do love the Navy and lifestyle and serving my country but the moving around has kept me from doing my saltwater tank but now that i'm not moving for awhile I'm stoked that I can finally have one up and running!

Guess I'll post again since I've got a new job since the last time I had a tank running.

I'm a Sr. Consultant in healthcare IT. I focus on project management and assist with our sales and strategy processes. It's nice to be in an industry where success means you've made a real, positive impact on lives :)

Oh, and I specialize in being jet lagged. I'm in WA and our corporate offices are in MA - the time swing is just brutal when I'm hopping back and forth a lot... thankfully my current engagement is local. Less time crammed into an airplane!

Edited by aaron1987
  • 2 months later...

Was in the Navy, but retired early at the age of 21. Now I'm living off my disability check and GI Bill while I study to become an air traffic controller.

Another (prior) Navy guy here. Four years in and then two active reserve. I miss it sometimes. The job, but not the military bs. If I had stayed in I could've retired in 7 years :-\ REALLY miss that travelling.

Currently working at a LPS. Dream job? No, but it's fun and the people are great. The most laid back job I've ever had.

Army Green Beret. MOS 18B. I'm the senior weapons sergeant for my ODA. I love it and don't have to deal with as much military bs that's out there. Jump out of perfectly good airplanes and shoot/blow stuff up on a weekly basis. Yes there are boring aspects but I thoroughly enjoy going to work everyday and working on a team that's compromised of the best of the best American soldiers. Only thing is we work to standard and not to time. This often translates to long days and in turn to less time spent with my wonderful family and even less time with my second obsession..my tank.