inTank Media Baskets

Day Job

scottyreef

mascencerro

shipping dock lead at a garage door manufacturer. basically my crew of 5 and i load semi trailers all day by hand (no fancy forklifts and pallets for me). lots of heavy lifting, really hot in the summer, really cold in the winter, and work in some tight spots with some sharp steel (couple of scars to remind me, as does everyone else on my crew).

work3.jpg

work2.jpg

work1.jpg

TheUnfocusedOne
I am the one that everyone hated in high school. I teach chemistry, and advanced chemistry. It kinda comes in handy when trying to figure out calk, alk, and pH balances.

The down side is that I want to know the chemical reaction behind everything that goes into the tank

dsoz

haha, i know what you mean

you a Ph.D or the old standard B.S., or B.A.

TheUnfocusedLove

Don't have a tank yet, but working on it. Saving money from the job and everything. I clean stalls at the large animal vet clinic at UW-Madison. Over the summer I will be working on a dairy farm in Florida. =)

TheUnfocusedOne
Don't have a tank yet, but working on it. Saving money from the job and everything. I clean stalls at the large animal vet clinic at UW-Madison. Over the summer I will be working on a dairy farm in Florida. =)

shes a loser, just so you all know :P:D

could of been working in ny, but noooo

TheUnfocusedLove

NY or FL? Hmmm...tough choice. 60+ hour weeks with little pay or a couple shifts a week for almost triple? Plus, who would want to be near you? Gross..

TheUnfocusedOne
NY or FL? Hmmm...tough choice. 60+ hour weeks with little pay or a couple shifts a week for almost triple? Plus, who would want to be near you? Gross..

thats the lil lady incase your all wondering

i gave her a taste of my reef addiction

as well as some other things ;):P:lol:

(shes gonna hit me for that!)

shes getting addicted now too

Edited by TheUnfocusedOne
TheUnfocusedLove
thats the lil lady incase your all wondering

i gave her a taste of my reef addiction

as well as some other things ;):P:lol:

(shes gonna hit me for that!)

shes getting addicted now too

Grow up.

aquariageek

I do procurement and contract administration. It is a good job and pays the bills, but I want to get into real estate and start my own business someday soon. Something tells me humans were not designed to sit in a cubicle all day long and fill out sixteen different charts in excel, each saying the same thing but for a different person.

i hear you i sit in a cube for a good part of the day then i am in meeting for the rest

I do procurement and contract administration. It is a good job and pays the bills, but I want to get into real estate and start my own business someday soon. Something tells me humans were not designed to sit in a cubicle all day long and fill out sixteen different charts in excel, each saying the same thing but for a different person.

I'm with the Medical College of Wisconsin working at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. Still paying off student loans (probably will be for the next 50 years) Especially, if all my $ keeps going to getting my new tank set up.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum but I thought I would give my 2 cents worth. I'm a performance consultant for Citigroup in their Mortgage department.

pprmntshrmps

ScottyReef- where do you work for AEP? My manager's husband is pretty high up in that company just outside of Roanoke, VA.

I work for a home builder marketing and selling new homes.

I work in the 1 riverside plaza headquarters in columbus,oh in the powerplant projects divison

ScottyReef- where do you work for AEP? My manager's husband is pretty high up in that company just outside of Roanoke, VA.

I work for a home builder marketing and selling new homes.

Edited by scottyreef
haha, i know what you mean

you a Ph.D or the old standard B.S., or B.A.

BS in biology, minor in chemistry. Masters in science education.

Been teaching chemistry for 14 years now. I have also taught biology, astronomy, physics, physical science. I am sort of a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none.

Recently, because of the needs of the school, I have been teaching more physics.

dsoz

I work for Apple computers doing tech support. I specialize in Wireless Multimedia. So I spend my days configuring wireless networks and listening to my customer bash PCs. For the past four years I have also been employed at a kennel as a part-time technician. I administer medication, feed and exercise the dogs etc. I am also in University pursuing a career in Ocean Science/Biology (part-time now and full time in january)

Edited by nano-aly

I am a law student at the University of Cincinnati. I am broke and all of my coral is purchased with loan money. And when I graduate, I get the pleasure of paying back $100,000+ of student loans....can't wait!

TheUnfocusedOne
I am a law student at the University of Cincinnati. I am broke and all of my coral is purchased with loan money. And when I graduate, I get the pleasure of paying back $100,000+ of student loans....can't wait!

best time ever

i gotta love my major, i get paid to go to grad school :lol:

aquariageek
i hear you i sit in a cube for a good part of the day then i am in meeting for the rest

@scottyreef-

I just noticed you are an I&C engineer... I'm an I&C contract admin ;-)