Cultivated Reef

The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

Lalani

yankeereefer

So I got home tonight after meeting up with a local reefer and found all my sexys hanging out in the front of the tank (to varying degrees) - I cut the pump off and dropped in a few pellets - After a few minutes they were happily eating!

At one point, two of them were fighting ove the same pellet. A bristleworm even came out of the rocks to share in the meal.

Oh yeah - Pics finally. Bet y'all were thinking I was faking you out about getting my trio.

DSC05358.jpg

DSC05375.jpg

DSC05377.jpg

DSC05392.jpg

DSC05390.jpg

Hope you enjoy the photos!

would a clown goby eat sexies ?

Highly unlikely. Clown gobies don't seem to bother anyone. :)

BC29 reef tank too big to have some in my tank? i have a huge CUC and i wouldnt want them to get eaten

Keep in mind that sexies are quite small. You can keep them in any size tank, but they really love smaller tanks where they feel more secure. What critters make up your CUC? As long as they are not particularly aggressive, the sexies should be fine. They will host anemones or LPS like frogspawn an torches.

Here are my contributions to this topic! :D

002.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

They really are awesome little creatures!

P.s. The corals are a little upset do to a waterchange and cleaning!

Edited by matty0206

Thanks lalani!

I have been thinking of getting a couple more but dont know if four or five would be to many in a 3g? Any thoughts? Oh and one more question....Is there any food that they really love? I feed them flake and sinking pellets but is there a food made for them?

Thanks again!

I think 5 would be a perfect amount in a 3 gal! As far as food goes, flake and pellets seem to be the most popular with them. You can try mysis and cyclopeeze too, but they are all different. :)

el fabuloso

Awesome pics! Sexies really look at home in a 3 gallon. :happy:

Aside from pellets, I also feed mine with frozen baby brine and cyclop-eeze. I don't think they prefer anything specifically as they pretty much anything.

Here is a picture of one of mine. Its the only picture I have of them right now. Need to borrow the roommates camera again. I have two of them in a 5.5g with a pistol shrimp. Everyone seems to get along just fine. In fact when I first got the pistol shrimp he dug his cave right underneath the arch where the sexies slept. I really like watching the sexies dance around my tank. :)

fishtank005.jpg

I'm waiting on 3 sexies from Christina at a Piece-of-the-Reef. Probably in another month I'd like to add a fish or two to the tank (14g BC). Right now I only have a CUC, cleaner shrimp and corals. Any suggestions as to which fish is least likely to eat these guys?

I'm waiting on 3 sexies from Christina at a Piece-of-the-Reef. Probably in another month I'd like to add a fish or two to the tank (14g BC). Right now I only have a CUC, cleaner shrimp and corals. Any suggestions as to which fish is least likely to eat these guys?

Congrats on getting your sexies! Basically, any fish that is peaceful and not an invert-eater will be fine. :)

Figure out what kind of fish you would like and we'll let you know what we think.

Reef Chicks

Christina is the best! You'll see how greatly packed these guys arrived and how awesome her customer service is. Anyways, I think clown gobies get along great with them, and eat all their left overs without fighting them for food. I have a green banded clown goby but the yellow ones add lots of color to the tank.

I finally got my sexies to eat! I am so happy! Last night the both ate a sinking pellet. One of them actually caught it as it dropped! I guess they are adjusting to their new home! I have had the first one for 9 days now and the second for 7. Now I need to decide if I want more or not. I keep going back and forth about it. They seem pretty happy just the two of them. But it would be great to see 5 of them together in there too!

Thats really good news, jennifro! I bet you're relieved. :)

I sure am! They seem really happy now! The are much more active too! But they still stick pretty close together.

Why do I often see my single Thor picking on something while on frogspawn tentacles, on ricordea, on blasto, on favites, on trumpet? Should I remove them? Or? Thanks

thor.jpg