Lalani

The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

xbwolfx
That's a pretty good plan actually. I know the sexies would like the xenia and macros in the display would look really nice. Somebody brought up the idea of putting two nozzles coming through the back wall, so the water would flow on both side of the rockscape. I just have one and I kinda wish I had put two just to mix up the direction of flow.

Let me know if you start this tank. :)

i'll keep the two pumps in mind. i dunno though. i really want to get a new protein skimmer for my 30 b/c by Tunze 9010 is ####### me off. it is too big for my sump and i keep knocking into it and knocking parts loose, so it stops skimming. i'm considering the deltec mc500, but it is like $500. also, i'm buying a ton of frags from prop, so that is going to cost me a lot. i'll let you know what i decide.

edit: didn't think that was a "bad word." i think the mods or the language filter are screwing with me lately. the most random words keep getting filtered.

Edited by xbwolfx

Sexy Shrimp
Bump. :)

Bump? It's stickied! Having a blonde moment?

Lalani
i'll keep the two pumps in mind. i dunno though. i really want to get a new protein skimmer for my 30 b/c by Tunze 9010 is ####### me off. it is too big for my sump and i keep knocking into it and knocking parts loose, so it stops skimming. i'm considering the deltec mc500, but it is like $500. also, i'm buying a ton of frags from prop, so that is going to cost me a lot. i'll let you know what i decide.

Cool, that's why I don't mess with skimmers, too much of a PITA!

Bump? It's stickied! Having a blonde moment?

How often do you wander into the invert forum? I rarely do.

This way it shows up on the 'new posts'. :P

Edited by Lalani

xbwolfx
Cool, that's why I don't mess with skimmers, too much of a PITA!

yeah, but you also don't mess with SPS. noob.

Lalani

Haha, I'm not a big fan of little sticks..... :lol:

xbwolfx
Haha, I'm not a big fan of little sticks..... :lol:

well then i guess we really weren't meant to be, if you catch my drift....lol. ;)

Lalani

You keep saying that but you always come back to me.....

xbwolfx
You keep saying that but you always come back to me.....

hey, if you like little sticks, i'm your man. but you said you don't....

Lalani

:haha:

I could make an exception... :flower:

Alrights, no more smutting up my stickied thread! :P

xbwolfx

k

Sexy Shrimp
How often do you wander into the invert forum? I rarely do.

This way it shows up on the 'new posts'. :P

Its always at the top for me. I always search advanced first and look for posts I have replied on. This is now always at the very top :)

sarah_nick

Hi,

What a great thread!!

I have just bought 3 sexies today to go in my nano - 8g. They are so cute!!

I need to name them though... (I have a thing about naming everything!) any suggestions? I'm thinking a collective name for all 3 incase I can't tell who is who!

Lalani

Haha, I haven't named mine... They're just 'The sexies' :D

Oh and Welcome to the Sexy Club!!!! :happydance:

pjewett

I just added 6 to my 30 gal reef but can only account for 4. One of the poor guys was almost immediately gobbled up by my Cardinal. :o I thought I had done my research on these guys and I still can't find any articles mentioning Cardinals as predators of these guys.

The others seem fine....2 have bonded with a Duncan Coral and the other 2 hang out amongst some big, green mushrooms.

Hoping my Oscellaris, Zebra Goby & Yellow Watchman Goby leave them alone.

I also have a peppermint, emerald crabs & some blue-legged hermits. Anyone think they'll be a problem?

I love these Sexy shrimp....hope they'll be around a while. :lol:

el fabuloso
I need to name them though... (I have a thing about naming everything!) any suggestions? I'm thinking a collective name for all 3 incase I can't tell who is who!

LOL! When I had three of them I named them Shakira, Beyonce and Rihanna. But then one committed suicide (I decided it was Shakira) so now they're just Beyonce and Rihanna even though one is probably a male.

p.s. my peppermint shrimp is Pepe and the emerald crab is Klauss. ;)

Edited by el fabuloso

Indym

Am i asking for trouble if i mix sexy's with a pair of fire shrimp? Thanks.

Lalani
I just added 6 to my 30 gal reef but can only account for 4. One of the poor guys was almost immediately gobbled up by my Cardinal. :o I thought I had done my research on these guys and I still can't find any articles mentioning Cardinals as predators of these guys.

The others seem fine....2 have bonded with a Duncan Coral and the other 2 hang out amongst some big, green mushrooms.

Hoping my Oscellaris, Zebra Goby & Yellow Watchman Goby leave them alone.

I also have a peppermint, emerald crabs & some blue-legged hermits. Anyone think they'll be a problem?

I love these Sexy shrimp....hope they'll be around a while. :lol:

Sorry that the Cardinal ate one of the sexies, was the sexy weak at the time? If he was weak and easy to catch, it could have been a case of just an easy meal.

The clown and zebra goby should leave them alone but I have heard a coupe of stories about YWGs eating cleaner shrimp. I think they'll be fine though.

And sexies generally get along with other inverts. :)

Congrats on getting your sexies, btw!

LOL! When I had three of them I named them Shakira, Beyonce and Rihanna. But then one committed suicide (I decided it was Shakira) so now they're just Beyonce and Rihanna even though one is probably a male.

Lol, my pep shrimp is named Pepe too, isn't everybody's? :P

Am i asking for trouble if i mix sexy's with a pair of fire shrimp? Thanks.

Should be fine as long as they aren't crowded! :)

pjewett

Sorry that the Cardinal ate one of the sexies, was the sexy weak at the time? If he was weak and easy to catch, it could have been a case of just an easy meal.

The clown and zebra goby should leave them alone but I have heard a coupe of stories about YWGs eating cleaner shrimp. I think they'll be fine though.

And sexies generally get along with other inverts. :)

Congrats on getting your sexies, btw!

Lalani: He didn't look weak to me but I'm new to these guys...they're so cool. By the way I found the last one that was MIA. A full day after I had dropped these guys in I went to clean up the bucket I used to drip acclimate them and decided to take another look amongst the plastic baggies, soaked paper towels and such thinking at the most that I would find a corpse.

And then I saw it! A tiny one at the bottom of the bucket in some water that had collected there. I was sure he was dead but couldn't figure out why I wasn't able to gently pick him up with tissue paper...it was because he kept jumping away from me! (can't say that I blame him)

Anyway I finally caught him and dropped him in my little intank fuge where he's been hiding in the chaeto. Maybe I can determine sex...add a mate and possibly get them to breed in that refuge. While it is an in tank fuge and returns to the display I wonder if they can find shelter and develop in the large, thick ball of chaeto and rubble I have in there?

clownfish1124

rofl!

sorry for mucking up your thread lani :flower:

Dethproof

Do these guys get along with cleaner shrimp?

Lalani
While it is an in tank fuge and returns to the display I wonder if they can find shelter and develop in the large, thick ball of chaeto and rubble I have in there?

Wow, glad to hear the shrimp survived in the bucket like that! They seem to be pretty hardy, huh?

I doubt that the babies would be able to survive in the fuge or tank because they need to be fed bbs like twice a day, and keeping up with feeding them would surely gunk up your tank. If you want to attempt to raise babies, you should think about starting a really simple separate tank. :)

rofl!

sorry for mucking up your thread lani :flower:

What's new about that? :P

Do these guys get along with cleaner shrimp?

Yeah, they should!

jervismun

Found this thread!!! Now I'm gonna join the club real soon :D :D :D

dorito

Hi I'm new. I want to add some sexies to my 25g. I have:

2 clowns

1 scooter

1 golden coris wrasse

1 fire shrimp

2 blue legged hermits

2 red scarlet hermits

2 nass

6 snails.

I want to know if any of the listed above will get them, I'm thinking of putting in 7.

Thanks

jervismun
Hi I'm new. I want to add some sexies to my 25g. I have:

2 clowns

1 scooter

1 golden coris wrasse

1 fire shrimp

2 blue legged hermits

2 red scarlet hermits

2 nass

6 snails.

I want to know if any of the listed above will get them, I'm thinking of putting in 7.

Thanks

Of all the listed LS... my only concern would be the Golden Coris Wrasse. It depends on the size of your wrasse I guess.

jervismun

Here are my Sexies... I think they simulated the Bubble's feeding tentacles... let's hope they don't get caught :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSC02293.jpg

I have 5 and looking forward to add 5 more :)