SaltCritters.com

The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

Lalani

Hmmm, not finding much information about dottyback/sexy shrimp compatibility, but I suppose that the time in which the sexies might be in the most danger would be during molting periods.. Does the dottyback seem aggressive or territorial?

He's a very curious fish. Keeps going inside the holes in the LR. Before i got him i got a ton of pods but now the pod population has been down. He also slips inside one hole in my LR. I saw him onetim wagging its tail in front of my Cleaner shrimp.

I want to ask you guys some questions, i live in mexico and its almost imposible to find this sexy here. In a couple of weeks i will go to texas, my family owns a house there so i was planning to order them from liveaquaria and bring them home.

The thing that they will arrive on Friday night, i will arrive to my home in Mexico on Sunday morning, what can i do to keep them alive? It will be just the trip from live aquaria to my house (friday), friday night, all saturday and sunday morning i will be on my way back to home?

Any advise? Thanks in advance!

I suppose it is do-able! You would need a bucket or some type of container of saltwater to keep them in, with a heater and either a small powerhead or an aerator. A battery powered air pump would suffice. As long as you make sure the water stays heated and flowing and they don't get knocked around, they should be fine. :)

Hmmm, not finding much information about dottyback/sexy shrimp compatibility, but I suppose that the time in which the sexies might be in the most danger would be during molting periods.. Does the dottyback seem aggressive or territorial?

Hi. Once my sexies arrive the dotty must go, as i found a couple of articles where they are known to eat small shrimps like anemone. I am beginning to fall in love with this fish as he's got some attitudes.

http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/pseudochr...apseudochromis/

Yes indeed this should be stickied! +1000

YAY ADIN for sticky!!!

Lalani says thanks to, shes on temporary hiatus due to Daniel untill Sunday at 6pm. :)

dont blame me...she said she could do it

DO EET!!!

Dont say that you are gonna convince me! :o

Fine you win! Hahaha I am totally gonna blame you when my husband says "wtf is that!?" -_-:P

I love being a girl.....Guys always have to worry about pizzing off their wives buying new tanks, I never get in trouble for it lol!

Edited by SeeDemTails
  • 2 weeks later...
Haha, yeah, thanks for that. :P

i'm actually thinking of stealing your 10g design and making my own sexy tank. i think i will use a 5.5g tank though...

i'm actually thinking of stealing your 10g design and making my own sexy tank. i think i will use a 5.5g tank though...

That would be sweet! When do you plan on starting it, or you're just thinking about it?

That would be sweet! When do you plan on starting it, or you're just thinking about it?

i'm just thinking right now. if i do it, i would start this week b/c i'm on fall break. i have plenty of stuff lying around - all i would need is lights, the tank, and a pane of glass or acrylic for the false wall. i really want to do it b/c i have some really sweet pulsing xenia in my 30g cube that i want to move. the vortech in the tank is too strong for the xenia, so it doesn't pulse at all even though it is healthy. i want a low-flow tank to move it to and i've always wanted to put some macro algae in my display, so this would allow me to do that at well (i don't want macro in my 30 b/c it would be a pain to deal with, imo).

That's a pretty good plan actually. I know the sexies would like the xenia and macros in the display would look really nice. Somebody brought up the idea of putting two nozzles coming through the back wall, so the water would flow on both side of the rockscape. I just have one and I kinda wish I had put two just to mix up the direction of flow.

Let me know if you start this tank. :)