Coral Vue Hydros

The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

Lalani

Hello all,

This is an awsome thread. Much useful info and great pics. I thought it was so intresting I found three sexies at my lfs and got all three. Thanks for all the info and pics.

Be sure to add your pictures when you can!

Welcome by the way!

\(^▽^*)いらっしゃ~いっ(*^▽^)/

Thanks, and i will if i can get my camera to work, might have to get a new one.

Hello all,

This is an awsome thread. Much useful info and great pics. I thought it was so intresting I found three sexies at my lfs and got all three. Thanks for all the info and pics.

Woohoo!! Welcome to the Sexy Club! :happydance:

If I can get some free time, I'll try to update the information on the first page with more links.

Thanks, and i will if i can get my camera to work, might have to get a new one.

New cameras are goooooood. :D

I know. :(

I was moving and I've been busy working on the new house, as well as my BIG fabulous super secret project. :happydance:

Ah, I figured you were busy, it's ok.

Congrats on the new house!

And BIG fabulous super secret project?!?!?!?! omgomgomg

DangerousHours

Hello all,

Just a few questions, how much do these go for? They seem fairly expensive because of how incredibly awesome they are! Also, are they really called sexy shrimp? or is that just a term used around here?

Hi DH! The prices for sexy shrimp differ. Locally, for me, they run around $25. For others they are around $10 locally and usually around $10 online. And yes, 'sexy shrimp' or 'sexy anemone shrimp' is their common name. Thor amboinensis being their scientific name. On the first post of this thread, there is a list of names for them. :D

Hello! im sooooo excited i finally ordered my Sexies and will be coming by the 2nd week of October! can i be an official member of the sexy club once they come? Also i have a dotty back and i have heard that it might bully my sexies. Should i get rid of him?

Hello! im sooooo excited i finally ordered my Sexies and will be coming by the 2nd week of October! can i be an official member of the sexy club once they come? Also i have a dotty back and i have heard that it might bully my sexies. Should i get rid of him?

YAY!!! 'Grats on getting your sexies soon. :)

I really don't know about the dotty back, as I have no experience with them. I'll see if I can find any info about them bullying small shrimp.

YAY!!! 'Grats on getting your sexies soon. :)

I really don't know about the dotty back, as I have no experience with them. I'll see if I can find any info about them bullying small shrimp.

Thanks Lalani. Mine is a diadem dottyback to be exact.

Hmmm, not finding much information about dottyback/sexy shrimp compatibility, but I suppose that the time in which the sexies might be in the most danger would be during molting periods.. Does the dottyback seem aggressive or territorial?