The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

Lalani

Ok, let's try to figure this out. What makes you think they are the problem? Have you actually noticed them on the corals?

First thing I would do is test the water. Make sure everything is ok and double check the temperature with a second thermometer.

If the fuge has enough space for them to live comfortably, go for it, but if not try to get one of those breeder nets, if there is room for it in the display.

And keep us updated! ;)

I tested the levels yesterday and everything seemed to come out pretty normal.

I see the sexies on the coral all the time ... and it looks like my zoas are missing most of their skirts - so I suspect that the sexies have munched them off.

Try feeding them! Really, it solves so many problems. Give them some flake or pellets or even some frozen foods and they will leave everything alone. Feed once each or every other day and viola!

Try feeding them! Really, it solves so many problems. Give them some flake or pellets or even some frozen foods and they will leave everything alone. Feed once each or every other day and viola!

Oh - they eat. I have been feeding them every day in an effort to get them to stop. They eat frozen mysis and little pellets, alternating days.

Hmmm, they should be bothering your corals then.. how much food do you give them?

They either eat one pellet each or one frozen mysis shrimp each.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... maybe they don't like you.

j/k :lol:

Really, I would either try, like you said, removing them from the display temporarily or try feeding them more. Wish I could be of more help.

My male sexy shrimp has formed an unusual bond with my green clown goby. At first I thought he was trying to pester the goby by dancing in front of him but the goby doesn't seem to be fazed by it. Eventually the goby got use to his company and would follow the shrimp around and vice versa.

CIMG5730.jpg

CIMG5742.jpg

CIMG5745.jpg

CIMG5750.jpg

My female sexy isn't too fond of the goby and will either swim away from the goby if he gets too close or snap at him if she's eating. But my male sexy and my goby are almost inseparable! Has something like this happened to anyone?

Yup, that one looks like a female. Females have wider tails with more segments, and are generally larger than the males who have smaller tails.

Example pic,

Male on the left, female on the right:

IMG_7037.jpg

I am now the proud owner of two sexies. Short story made long Ha Ha. I ordered some snails, 3 red scarlet crabs, a couple ric.'s and 3 sexies from a new local shop that is not actually open yet. It is about 30 miles from my house but my local reef club did a group buy with the owner and he came to a meeting to deliver. Any items that were not ready for the meeting because the distibutor short shipped were back ordered or you could have a refund. I waited and least than two weeks later he delivered the rest of my order to my door which for me was the ric.'s and sexies. His wife thought it would be a nice ride to the beach and she was in the mood for a lobster roll. I got a refund for one of the sexies it fell back in the tank after he caught it. He gave up after twenty minutes of trying to recatch it. I was worried that only two might be a problem having heard odd #'s work best. But they are great and are almost always out where you can see them. Any way thanks for this thread it definately inspired me to get some "sexies".

Deb

Well I got myself 3 Sexies for my 5g Yesterday, they are verryyyy small!

Here's some pics!

sg105368ti2.jpg

sg105357vp4.jpg

sg105353dv2.jpg

WOOT!

Edited by P-DUBS

Ummmmm I got BABY Sexies everywhere WTH do I do!!!!

There are like 100+ swimming in my tiny tank!!!!

I don't know what it is, but it is like my tank is a breeding ground for everything!

I don't know what it is, but it is like my tank is a breeding ground for everything!

OH! Send some to me! :P

I want sexy shrimp! I just found this thread to learn more about shrimp. I want some Sexy Shrimp! They look like they have so much TUDE with their little butts in the air! I love it!

i'll take 27 please.

Think of it as free fish food!

Pics :)