and they scurried off. i hope pom doesn't harrass my

sexies!

i can't get a good image of my sexies, but the pair

seem to be hanging out near my kenya tree and xenia

coral, both on the sand on frags.

tonight, my pom pom crab came over to their corner

and they scurried off. i hope pom doesn't harrass my

sexies!

Grr I'm really hesitant now :angry: Thanks for sharing, I think I will try to feed the crab more in the meantime to appease his appetite lol

Grr I'm really hesitant now :angry: Thanks for sharing, I think I will try to feed the crab more in the meantime to appease his appetite lol

if it's any consolation, the sexies seem to be

a lot faster than the crab. and how can you feed

pom? LFS guy assured me no feeding was necessary.

i do give soft corals some food, and he said that the

pom will eat any leftovers floating about.

if it's any consolation, the sexies seem to be

a lot faster than the crab. and how can you feed

pom? LFS guy assured me no feeding was necessary.

i do give soft corals some food, and he said that the

pom will eat any leftovers floating about.

Yeah haha I know they're fast but my pom has been a bit aggressive lately. I definitely have my suspicions. To feed, I sometimes wrap a small piece of raw shrimp over the end of a chopstick and wave it in his vicinity and he'll come out and latch on with his legs. The little guy is surprisingly tough and has on occasion pulled the chopstick out of my hand hahaha or maybe I'm just weak who knows

Yeah haha I know they're fast but my pom has been a bit aggressive lately. I definitely have my suspicions. To feed, I sometimes wrap a small piece of raw shrimp over the end of a chopstick and wave it in his vicinity and he'll come out and latch on with his legs. The little guy is surprisingly tough and has on occasion pulled the chopstick out of my hand hahaha or maybe I'm just weak who knows

good to know! i have heard they can

be strong. and after awhile, my pom scrabbled

off. he was never aggressive, thankfully.

good luck! maybe your pom will simmer down. =)

Loving this thread. I am finally getting my sexy shrimp next monday. the LFS is ordering them for me as I haven't been able to find them at the other stores. I have always loved these little guys from the first time I seen them. Can't wait to pick them up.

good to know! i have heard they can be strong. and after awhile, my pom scrabbled off. he was never aggressive, thankfully. good luck! maybe your pom will simmer down. =)

Haha thank you, hopefully he does. I have heard they can have different temperaments between individuals though; maybe I just got a mean one :closedeyes:

Loving this thread. I am finally getting my sexy shrimp next monday. the LFS is ordering them for me as I haven't been able to find them at the other stores. I have always loved these little guys from the first time I seen them. Can't wait to pick them up.

Good luck with them! Post pics when they arrive :happy:

• Like 1

here's a foto of my larger sexy shrimp (1/2 inch).

the smaller one is more shy, and had molted during

trasnport. but they both seem to be doing well. i've

been dropping small pellets for them to eat. they are

too shy to run and get directly from me, but they are eating. :wub:

sexyshrimp.jpg

• Like 2
LadyOfIreland

I looooooooooove sexy shrimp!!! So happy to see an entire thread dedicated to them! ^_^ Trying to get a 5 gallon up and running with the intention of hosting 3 or 5 sexies :D Here's my favorite pic of one of my sexy shrimp in a past tank: 1a79158317af943334e3b4ed4deedd7a.jpg

• Like 2

How long should sexy's be acclimated?I have heard 1 hour I have also heard 3 hours :huh:!

Hmm, I've heard different things too. Inverts generally should be drip acclimated longer as they're more sensitive to salinity swings but at the same time, the temperature will change more the longer you drip... maybe someone knows. I will drip them Wednesday and let you guys know

• Like 1

Hmm, I've heard different things too. Inverts generally should be drip acclimated longer as they're more sensitive to salinity swings but at the same time, the temperature will change more the longer you drip... maybe someone knows. I will drip them Wednesday and let you guys know

Awesome. Thanks antsy, will be keeping an eye for your post. :)

Steensj2004

That's an awesome shot! :)

Also, I just witnessed my normally docile pom pom crab attempt to carry off a stomatella snail before I batted him away :wacko: I've also seen him pry at the turbo snail and cerith snails but he has less luck with those as they close up. But now I'm wondering if the future sexies will be safe around him? Please chime in if you know anything as I'd rather not have $30 worth of shrimp go down the hatch in the dead of night :scarry:

I have to hand feed my Pom-Pom.All crabs are opportunistic feeders, and will go after stuff they might not normally go after when huingy. I found my Pom-Pom Misses food at feeding time to other, faster moving livestock. I hand feed mine, I use my tongs and dangle some food near his hideout. He always comes out to grab chow when he smells food now.

On a side note, two of my sexy-females are carrying eggs, to bad they won't survive :(

On dripping, I never dripped any of the 4 of mine, put a bit of tank water in ever 15 min for half an hour and dumped them in, they did fine. No would I suggest it? No, but mine were free and my water nearly matches my LFS, so I don't worry much.

• Like 2

This might help as far as acclimation and temp. I got this off of amazon.com and it has worked great for me. Allows me to float the back int he tank for temp purposes while acclimating. Been a life saver.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005YIVJSU/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

I have to hand feed my Pom-Pom.All crabs are opportunistic feeders, and will go after stuff they might not normally go after when huingy. I found my Pom-Pom Misses food at feeding time to other, faster moving livestock. I hand feed mine, I use my tongs and dangle some food near his hideout. He always comes out to grab chow when he smells food now.

On a side note, two of my sexy-females are carrying eggs, to bad they won't survive :(

On dripping, I never dripped any of the 4 of mine, put a bit of tank water in ever 15 min for half an hour and dumped them in, they did fine. No would I suggest it? No, but mine were free and my water nearly matches my LFS, so I don't worry much.

How often do you feed your crab? And luckyyy hahah I have to get them for like $10+

I know for a fact my water isn't similar to my LFS so I'll drip em. Thanks for the info though

This might help as far as acclimation and temp. I got this off of amazon.com and it has worked great for me. Allows me to float the back int he tank for temp purposes while acclimating. Been a life saver.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005YIVJSU/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Well that's convenient :P Might invest in one of those down the line heh

Steensj2004

How often do you feed your crab? And luckyyy hahah I have to get them for like $10+

I know for a fact my water isn't similar to my LFS so I'll drip em. Thanks for the info though

Well that's convenient :P Might invest in one of those down the line heh

I feed him every day and sometimes every other. He is a pig, so I give him a piece and go feed some corals. By the time if feed a colony of zoas he is ready for more....fatty...lol

Anybody know the compatibility of an orange spotted goby and a tiger pistol shrimp WITH a sexy shrimp ??

Any conflicts here?

I am still on the new side with SW but from what I have read and discussed with others, there shouldn't be a problem with them getting along.

• Like 1

I have to hand feed my Pom-Pom.All crabs are opportunistic feeders, and will go after stuff they might not normally go after when huingy.

can i ask what you feed your pom pom crab?

would the pellets i give to my sexy shrimps work?

thanks!

and the LFS advised me to just drip for half an hour.

so i did this:

1. put the shrimpies into a bowl.

2. added about an ounce of my tank water every

10 minutes 3x.

3. put them in the tank 30 minutes later.

my phosphates are skewing high (around .25)

but they seem to be doing okay.

Steensj2004
can i ask what you feed your pom pom crab?

would the pellets i give to my sexy shrimps work?

thanks!

and the LFS advised me to just drip for half an hour.

so i did this:

1. put the shrimpies into a bowl.

2. added about an ounce of my tank water every

10 minutes 3x.

3. put them in the tank 30 minutes later.

my phosphates are skewing high (around .25)

but they seem to be doing okay.

I feed bits and pieces from my home made food. It has scallops, mysis, golden pearls, reef roids, shrimp pieces, pellets, and a few other things. All frozen and broken apart, thawed in tank water, and strained. Then I use a syringe with tubing on the tip to suck up juice and spot feed corals. I only use this food a few times a week as I don't want my nutrients to go nuts, I feed high end pellets the rest of the days, I just drop a few next to his bachelor pad...lol

• Like 2

I feed bits and pieces from my home made food. It has scallops, mysis, golden pearls, reef roids, shrimp pieces, pellets, and a few other things. All frozen and broken apart, thawed in tank water, and strained. Then I use a syringe with tubing on the tip to suck up juice and spot feed corals. I only use this food a few times a week as I don't want my nutrients to go nuts, I feed high end pellets the rest of the days, I just drop a few next to his bachelor pad...lol

Cool, I have packs of mysis/brine and NLS pellets. I agree mine is greedy too heh, he's always trying to take food from my nass

I need to get a syringe though, where do you get them? I'd ask my chem teacher for one but I'm not sure if they're allowed to give out supplies like that

How long should sexy's be acclimated?I have heard 1 hour I have also heard 3 hours :huh:!

Never acclimated any of mine! Just float and drop.

• Like 4