ReefCleaners.org

Another boring Picotope build

hcsceo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK for some fun I moved the camera around to the front of the tank for the weekend. Enjoy. The Yellow Clown has decided he is going to host the crown of the toadstool. He's been moving between the frogspawn and the leather all day doing flips and stuff. Cool little guy.

Steve

Looks really great! Its amazing how clean it looks compared to a month ago w/ the algae outbreak!

Love your clown... does it have a name?

Enjoy the weekend!

Dave A.

Well I never did name the clown.. hmmm, well his name is Flipper now cause he flips around the toadstool like a crazy man.

OK update on the tank. Last week I had a problem with some carbon that got loose in the tank (see above). Because of this I had to take everything apart including removing the rocks and find all those damn little carbon peices. I noticed over the weekend from my webcam that my xenia was not pumping like it normally does. It was open but not pumping. So I was anxious to get in here today and see what might have happened. Well I tested the water and had the following

Ammonia 0

Nitrite .25

NItrate 5-10

I must have had a small cycle over the weekend due to stiring the sand up last week during the carbon episode. Everything is open right now and not visibly stressed so I'm going to retest tomorrow and see if the nitrites fall and let the bacteria do it's work tonight and bring water in for a change.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of small updates.

Dadoboy is fired. He made me name my Yellow Clown Goby and now he's dead LOL. Not sure what happened to him. Found him sitting in the toadstool he liked so much and thought he was fine. I was cleaning the tank so I could leave for vacation and when I put the new water in he started floating around. I did a water test right before cleaning and everything was OK. One thing to note however is that my toadstool shriveled up and molted the next day and is now much bigger than before. Could that have anything to do with his death? None of my corals seem stressed so I'm not sure wtf happened. I'll give it a couple of months before I get another fish.

Last thing is I moved my xenia out to another tank. It was growing like a weed and covering tooooooo much ground. This will give me some much needed space to add some zoa's and possibly a birdsnest from my other tank.

Steve

A couple of small updates.

Dadoboy is fired. He made me name my Yellow Clown Goby and now he's dead LOL.

OMG... I'm having someone name their firefish on another thread...

Sorry to hear about 'flipper' though......:tears:

FYI -

My starfish went from

1) Free Willy

2) Willy, cuz after I thought he was dead, I said he was truly free..

3) Back to Free Willy when I found out he was still alive

4) Whiley Willy the One legged starfish pirate (see avitar)(started to loose his legs)

5) Tri-pod, cuz, he only had 3 legs left

6) Nubs - well, please don't make me explain

We'll see if you really wait a couple of months before another fish.. (Mohahahahah)

OMG... I'm having someone name their firefish on another thread...

Sorry to hear about 'flipper' though......:tears:

FYI -

My starfish went from

1) Free Willy

2) Willy, cuz after I thought he was dead, I said he was truly free..

3) Back to Free Willy when I found out he was still alive

4) Whiley Willy the One legged starfish pirate (see avitar)(started to loose his legs)

5) Tri-pod, cuz, he only had 3 legs left

6) Nubs - well, please don't make me explain

We'll see if you really wait a couple of months before another fish.. (Mohahahahah)

Well I took a cue from Nemo and flushed him down the toilet at work just in case he was playing dead to get free. I've been thinking about the fact that he was flipping around in that toadstool and made me wonder if he had some parasite and was itching. I never saw anything on him. Who knows. I've been kind of thinking about filling it with sexy shrimp. I've got one in there now and man is he cool. We will see.

Steve

PS. Dadoboy's new nic "FishKilla" :ninja:

Well I took a cue from Nemo and flushed him down the toilet at work just in case he was playing dead to get free. I've been thinking about the fact that he was flipping around in that toadstool and made me wonder if he had some parasite and was itching. I never saw anything on him. Who knows. I've been kind of thinking about filling it with sexy shrimp. I've got one in there now and man is he cool. We will see.

Steve

PS. Dadoboy's new nic "FishKilla" :ninja:

Hey - Does your sexy shrimp have a name? :P

Hey Steve... I see you moved up to the bigger glass of rum and coke.. :)

If your going to block our view - at least put up the uhhh, Clam.. yaah.. thats it.. the pic of the clam you had a while back.. ;)

Dave A.

Yea the guys in my office were playing a joke on me that day with the "clam". I was hoping nobody saw that but looks like at least one did. They didn't realize the webcam was online for you guys 24/7 and thought it was just for me to check into. Next one that puts a nudie pic up on my cam is going to get beat or I'll put the cam under thier desk for a day.

OK I moved the cup. I keep putting cups there cause my desk is such a damn mess all the time and that space stays clean LOL. I'll be adding a monti digi in the back in that open section in a week. I'll also be adding a mushroom and a bunch more zoas that I got last week thanks to a local reefer. I've even got a really nice speciman of a PPE and as soon as it gets a couple more heads I'll prop some to this tank.

Here are some updated pics.

IMG_5856.jpg

IMG_5855.jpg

Yea the guys in my office were playing a joke on me that day with the "clam". I was hoping nobody saw that but looks like at least one did. They didn't realize the webcam was online for you guys 24/7 and thought it was just for me to check into. Next one that puts a nudie pic up on my cam is going to get beat or I'll put the cam under thier desk for a day.

OK I moved the cup. I keep putting cups there cause my desk is such a damn mess all the time and that space stays clean LOL. I'll be adding a monti digi in the back in that open section in a week. I'll also be adding a mushroom and a bunch more zoas that I got last week thanks to a local reefer. I've even got a really nice speciman of a PPE and as soon as it gets a couple more heads I'll prop some to this tank.

Here are some updated pics.

The ever watchfull eye is always apon you! :P

It does looks great, though! I love the zoa's.... I was thinking of along w/ the mushroom, the Ricoridas are really pretty too.. hearty like a mushroom & light up under moonlights (if you have them), but 'shroom are really cool too.

Dave A..

p.s. I wasn't going to say anything, but couldn't resist when I saw the cup... Can I pick who's desk you place the camera under?

p.s. I wasn't going to say anything, but couldn't resist when I saw the cup... Can I pick who's desk you place the camera under?

As long as it is a hispanic guy named Juan I got no problems. That SOB put a rainbow gay pride sticker on the bumper of one of our Holy Rollers. He went to church for two weeks with that sticker on his car. Man was he pissed when he figured it out. Same guy put that pic on my cam.

Steve

Sweet little tank man. My next project is going to be a pico or maaaaybe a 10g DIY AIO for the bedroom (at the wifes' request!! :) )

Sweet little tank man. My next project is going to be a pico or maaaaybe a 10g DIY AIO for the bedroom (at the wifes' request!! :) )

Yea I love the pico. We have a 9 in our bedroom and it really is nice to have something right there when you can't sleep. The small size is great cause there is so much more to look at that gets lost in a bigger tank. Either way you can't go wrong. Check out my 10 gallon aio's in my sig. I should be leak testing them this weekend.

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can see your Sexy shakin it's junk! The same naming issue that happened to you happened to me and my sexy shrimp Sidney. My family came over, saw my tank and suggested I name my shrimp. 2 days later we got hit by a massive ice storm that knocked out power for 5 days, it killed half my livestock and nearly killed the rest. Sidney was a trooper, lasted 3 days. But on the 4th morning I slept through my alarm and didn't heat the tank. By the time I woke up the temp was 60.1F and most everything lost.

• 4 weeks later...

ooo man chebon that hurts. Yea I got another Goby for this tank a few weeks ago and named it and it died. IDK, I'm done with fish in this tank. The inverts are doing great and everything is growing like nuts. I've even got a peice of SPS in there that is growing well. I think the fish are too stressed at my lfs so I'm blaming it on them now. It's hard enough to get a goby to eat so I'm through with fish in here.

One last thing, I got a new laptop at work and have taken down my webcam cause my machine is with me all the time. I'll post pics for you guys when I get a chance.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I took the webcam down as my new computer at the office is a laptop and is with me at night. I'm going to find another camera that plugs right into the network to put on it.

Steve

• 2 months later...

I've taken this tank down and replaced it with a 15 gallon located in my sig. I loved this tank but needed a bigger tank so I could have some fish. I'm going to keep the equipment and use it for a quarantine tank as needed.

Steve

Steve:

Your pico was awesome!! :)

Thanks, I really loved it. I never had a single day of trouble from it in almost a year. The biggest problem I had was a GHA patch about the size of a half dollar. Emerald crab took care of that in 3 days. I should have posted a pic of it before I took it down. It was well grown out.

Steve

:tears:

AWWWW don't cry Fab. Technically it isn't down yet. I took half the water out of it yesterday and moved it home. Nothing got moved inside it during the move. It's sitting on my desk at home. Things are pretty pissed off right now as I use a different salt here than at work but once it all opens up I'll take one more final shot for you guys. I do plan to move all the crap in here to my new tank once it is done cycling. You guys get one more month before I start moving stuff little by little. Who knows maybe my wife will fall in love with it, but don't hold your breath.

Steve

Archived