Coral Vue Hydros

JBJ 28g HQI, College Reefin

pudge1515

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Pudge!

Thanks for reply! I have seen the nanocustoms video about the actinics, I think I might take the plunge and get the 2x18w Actinics from them. I bought my tank from them, and was left with a great impression.

Another question ...

Your ATO. Someone told me you couldn't run the wavemaker with an ATO, because the chambers in the back alternate too much. I was thinking about it ... and I figure in my brain that it would work. You would just put the level when the water is at its lowest.

Did you have any issues with that at all? Do you use the wavemaker it comes with?

I just put a post it on the back of the tank, and I fill up accordingly with a measuring cup. ahahaha.

Hey Colione your welcome!

As for the ATO question, I do not run my wavemaker so I wouldnt know but I havent heard of anyone else having problems. My only suggestion is to run the wavemaker and just take a look in the back chambers while its running and look for any noticeable fluctuations in the chambers.

Also I want to thank everyone for the comments! And Horizons that is actually a purple torch coral in the top right corner.

I also added some nice blue mushrooms to the tank and will hopefully get to order my ricordia soon. I am also expecting my Tropic marin salt on thursday. I will get an updated fts up for you guys in a couple of days. Thanks for looking and happy reefing :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I got some pics of the tank with the new addition and I moved some things around in the front. I still cant figure out were to put my monti cap cause its so big so I just have it lying on the sand bed right now. Not much to update though, everything is doing great and I am in the process of switching completely over to tropic marin salt. I can tell a slight difference already in the coloration of some of the corals. Well onto the pics. Some of the corals are a little ticked cause these pics were taken just after feeding time and my Pip, my pep shrimp, likes to go crazy and walk all over the corals...

New mushrooms with Optimus butting in like always.. I think I will have to add him in atleast one of the pics each update I do, lol.

Mushrooms.jpg

Heres a shot of my dwarf angle Mirko

Mirkocopy.jpg

Cool angle shot of the tank

AngleshotOct7.jpg

And lastly the current fts

FTSOct7-1.jpg

Well I hope you guys enjoy the pics. thanks for looking :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got some new stuff added to the tank by way of my girlfriend. We both decided that saltwater was not the hobby for and that all her tank inhabitants would be happier in my tank. So we will be converting her 20 long into freshwater :( . But I guess the up side to it is that I got some new coral and a new fish. She gave me a nice green welsi, blastos and some eagle eye zoas. My tank is packed now... I might be selling some things off in the future to make space cause it looks a little cluttered to me and I like the nice clean look. Well heres a pic of the new corals. Enjoy :D

TopDown10-21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks David, I also think you are doing a great job on your tank as well, I always find myself looking through your thread but I just never really got a chance to comment on it.

Well guys I have some good news and some bad news...... As you might have read on my last update I recieved some corals and a fish from a tank breakdown about 2 weeks ago. I have decided that this is going to be a good time for me to upgrade to my dream tank because I feel that things are getting cramped in the Nanocube. I have ordered the glass and it will be ready tomorow and I will hopefully get the silicone on and drying by tommorow. Its going to be a long and shallow peninsula tank. The deminsion are are 48 in long by 12 in high by 14 in wide. The tank is going to be rimless and will not be drilled for a sump because I want to keep it simple and easy to move. I will putting a false wall on one of the ends about 10 inches wide for a refugium and a place for my skimmer and filter floss. I am also going to be buying a tek T5 fixture for the lighting of this tank. I will start a new thread for it tomorow when I post pics of the progress. Now this is the sad part that I have to break down my Nanocube :( . This has been my favorite tank so far out of the 7 that I have owned. I will be putting it up for sale once I get the new tank and I will be selling it cheap cause I will have no use for it. I am thinking I will sell for around $175 with everything except the koralias and of course the livestock. So if anyone is looking into purchasing one of these here is a perfect oportunity in about 2 months or so get an amazing tank.

I still want everone to know that has one of these tanks that I will still be more than willing to answer any questions that they may have about their tanks.

Pudge, good luck on the new tank. Sounds like a cool project.

Yesterday my JBJ arrived from Nanotuners! Yippeee!! :D

Got the stand put together and looks like all the parts are there. I hope to do a leak test over the weekend.

We will be going away over Thanksgiving, so I'm thinking I'll wait until we get back to actually start setting up. I'll start a tank thread at that time. Warning, it will probably be one of the slowest tank threads you've ever seen. I'm gonna go sloooooooooww on this one and make sure I do it right.

Cody, good luck with the new tank! You did a great job on this one so I am sure the new one will even be better. Now u r going to let us follow your success right :-)

You're going to upgrade?!! I wish you all the luck, will definitely follow up with your progress, thank you so much for all the help!! Appreciate it!

• 5 months later...

Archived