ReefCleaners.org

Astralux 70w MH 14K group buy!

Qwank

filefish949, PM replied.

Everyone, the bulbs are coming by the end of the week and will be out in the mail early next week for everyone.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tracking number confirms they'll be here by Friday. I will get my brother to package them this weekend for me. Expect a ghetto, but secure packing job for the bulbs. =p

Bulbs will go out early next week.

Still have maybe ~4-5 from the buy if anyone is interested.

Thanks.

38075 x 2

92780 x 2

94086 x 3

^ those are the zip codes of the packages that are going out today.

Please check them and send me a PM if you're not on the list but you were supposed to be. ;)

Check your mail for a ghetto cardboard box sent via USPS first class...I was trying to keep shipping costs down. All bulbs were wrapped with bubble wrap before being put into the cardboard box.

Also, filefish949, PM sent...the PayPal address you used was wrong.

The only reason I asked is b/c marinedepot or marineandreef list only the ushio 10000k and current 14000k bulbs as alternatives for that light. no other brands or temps, just those. I thought that was odd and couldnt imagine making a bulb that wouldnt fit a standard 70w hqi, but i COULD imagine jbj making something that would require their bulbs.

Thanks for the input. now I just wonder why marine---.com didnt list more options.

Thanks bboy aqua...It'll fit ANY 70W MH DE fixture. :)

MD probably doesn't sell the Astralux, and thus, won't list it. ;)

so you have some left?

filefish949

wow I just got my lamp today and all I can say is wow! the lamp looks great! it just smokes my 14k hamelton which was only a few months old.

+1 on shipping arrived fast

+1 on value, it is a great price on a hard to find lamp

+1 on the lamp color, my nano now looks as good as my display tank

thanks a lot!

Thanks bboy aqua...It'll fit ANY 70W MH DE fixture. :)

MD probably doesn't sell the Astralux, and thus, won't list it. ;)

nobody really sells these. i think theres one store online that i saw them at. i dont even know where the people doing the group buys gets them from.

well got my lamp today

hooked it up and WOW im amazed

arrived quicker then i expected

so far the best 70w hqi bulb ive used and very nice color

best 70w 14k de bulb hands down and for the price you pay,you'd have to be crazy not to get one

thanks epic

Just got mine! Yay!

I do have a concern however....not sure if this is normal, in the very center chamber there are a bunch of tiny metal pieces. They look like hardened droplets of mercury, they seem fused to the sides of the gaseous chamber. Is this normal for a HQI bulb? I wasn't planning on installing this for a few more months, but think it may be safest to try it out tonight.

Just got mine! Yay!

I do have a concern however....not sure if this is normal, in the very center chamber there are a bunch of tiny metal pieces. They look like hardened droplets of mercury, they seem fused to the sides of the gaseous chamber. Is this normal for a HQI bulb? I wasn't planning on installing this for a few more months, but think it may be safest to try it out tonight.

thats normal. all these bulbs are put through a "burn in" period before they are sold. as for pics i have some with my old bulb when it was new.

heres when i just put it in

DSC03392.jpg

Sorry guys and gals...no tracking #. :(

Hopefully by Saturday?!

Just jackin with you. I'm still watching the mail, sure it will be here soon.

Put the bulb in and it works and looks awesome. I have never seen so much polyp extension from some of my corals. Wifey walked in the house and said "Wow, the tank looks great!".

Thank you for putting this together.

Archived