Innovative Marine Aquariums

Astralux 70w MH 14K group buy!

Qwank

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nanoty and master builder. you guys are funny, we all did our retros at the same time and we all went a little too long on our first bulbs, now we're scrambling to find new ones! lol!

its wierd, everyone had these bulbs last year in large quanities, now it seems like they wiped off the face of the planet.

masterbuilder

yup....we can hope for some to turn up. Maybe Nanocustoms could start keeping them. Should be a good seller in the 70W catagory.

i dont mean to turn this into a discussion but is this the best bulb available in the 70w range? I am trying to replace the crappy jbj bulb that came with my viper.... this one seemed to be decent for the price :) thanks

Will organize a group buy. Give me until the end of the week to report back to you guys & gals. Will check prices.

YAYS!!!

I need a good deal, the baby is due in a few weeks and I am broke :P

Seriously though, If I can't find one I will probably go back with the current 14k bulb. I really like the color I just wanted to try the Astralux.

someone on ebay usually sells them for 45 shipped.

i have 2 used (4 months each 8 hrs/day) Astralux i can sell for 30 each plus shipping. 50 plus shipping for both.

will charge actual shipping

they might not make 10K i was just saying i would try one if they did.

I dont know if these are the best bulbs or not, but i use them because they are the only bulbs that are UV safe. (coralife bulbs are too but they don't make 70w) with the retro in a nano cube, even with UV glass under it you still get light out of the sides of the reflector and out through the air vents on the side of the hood. so i don't want UV rays filling up my living room.

Eh, I can't get the price down to $45 with shipping. It'll have to be $47.25 with shipping...hope that's OK. If it is, shoot me a PM and I'll put you down for a pre-order. If I can get 4 of the 7 people to pay me today, I can get the bulbs shipped tomorrow for delivery sometime next week and I can ship out when they arrive.

I'll go ahead and PM the people who were interested.

Any chance I can still get in on this? If so, I'd like one bulb, please. PM me paypal details.

We are just getting started, pm epicfish.

Archived