ReefCleaners.org

Members Biotope Tanks

dshnarw

I'm sure I've missed some, so if you have others, please list them. As more are mentioned, I will add them to this post as needed for quick access.

Suggestions on organization of the list would be appreciated as well - several fall into more than one "category" of biotope tank.

Lagoon

dshnarw's Biotope - Singapore Mini Carpet Lagoon

Amerijuanican's 20g Long Lagoon

seabass's Custom Star Grass Lagoon

Sayn3ver's 33g Long Lagoon Style

Reef Top/Reef Flat

Spanko's And the Beginning

Florida/Caribbean

Seanfg89's Third Times the Charm Florida Biotope

Rene's Custom Florida Gorgonian Garden

Yardboy's Reef Lab Jetties Nano (Florida Biotope)

Dtfleming's Caribbean Biotope - 15L

Pacific

Mr. Anderson's Today's Experiment (Kaelini)

Duncan's Fiji Biotope

Temperate/Coldwater

C-Rad's Southern California Octopus Biotope

Jamie's 16g Coldwater Tank

Jacob's Coldwater Tank

Lalani's Coldwater Tank

Hoobahans' Whitman College Coldwater Tanks

Jamie's 15g Coldwater Dual Biotope formerly: Jamie's Zero Edge Coldwater Tank

dshnarw's 40g breeder Coldwater Tank formerly: dshnarw's Coldwater Tank

Jeremai's Custom Coldwater Tank

Mynameskenny19's 75g Humboldt Bay Biotope

AlaskaMatt's 20g Alaskatope

MrAnderson's 50g Aqua Logic Coldwater Tank

Mynameskenny19's 2.5g Humboldt Bay Biotope

Macroalgae

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2's Macroalgae Tank

Seagrass

seabass's Custom Star Grass Lagoon

Anemones

Fishfreak218's Custom Anemone/Symbiont Tank

Gorgonians

Rene's Custom Florida Gorgonian Garden

Tide Pool

BDAbio's Bermudan Tide Pool

Non-Photosynethic

Slcw's 'Sun Sun Sun', upgraded to a RSM

Uhuru's NPS Elos Mini

Mew's Rimless NPS Dropoff 10g

Aquabac's Cadlights 50g Azooxanthellate Tank Build

Edited by jeremai

I feel special.... B)

Anyways keep an eye on my tank thread, the tank is getting quite a bit of updates this week and should look much better in just a couple days. Thanks again to everyone who made the Biotope section a possibility and thank you dshnarw for your work in putting this thread together.

Good stuff here. Thank you dshnarw for taking your time to put this tread up. Have some updates on mine however they are in a newer thread

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...d+the+beginning

I love this idea. Will be taking the time to look at all of these.

yall's welcome! ;) It's no trouble guys - most of these were already in a list I'd made to keep up with their progress.

Added the new thread/title to the list. Would you rather just have the new one listed?

Got it. YW, really just bored and hoping the new forum gets off the ground - I'm still dancin' around in the new space ;)

• 5 months later...
Mynameskenny19

How often do new biotope tanks get added to the list? And is there a prerequisite for them to be added?

What I mean is, do the tanks have to be set up for a certain amount of time or what? Man, you are the KING for making the biotope forum! Thanks man!

How often do new biotope tanks get added to the list? And is there a prerequisite for them to be added?

What I mean is, do the tanks have to be set up for a certain amount of time or what? Man, you are the KING for making the biotope forum! Thanks man!

Uh...guess thats whenever I get around to updating (oops!). Anytime someone sees a new one, let me know and I'll add it to the list.

your thread is now on there, kenny.

no prereqs for addition that I've made. Long as it's an up-and-running biotope and there's a dedicated thread, it's good enough for me. Unless the mods say otherwise, that's what I'm sticking with.

Edited by dshnarw
Mynameskenny19
Uh...guess thats whenever I get around to updating (oops!). Anytime someone sees a new one, let me know and I'll add it to the list.

your thread is now on there, kenny.

no prereqs for addition that I've made. Long as it's an up-and-running biotope and there's a dedicated thread, it's good enough for me. Unless the mods say otherwise, that's what I'm sticking with.

Ok, thanks man. Do you have any biotope tanks for yourself?

And Jeremai, Ive been looking for stuff to add to your Resource thread, but havent found much, unless you want to add Abalone aquaculturing to the list... ;)

Hey Daniel, if you want to copy over the list from my coldwater resource thread be my guest. :flower:

got it ;)

Ok, thanks man. Do you have any biotope tanks for yourself?

And Jeremai, Ive been looking for stuff to add to your Resource thread, but havent found much, unless you want to add Abalone aquaculturing to the list... ;)

no prob.

I have 2 - a reef rubble laggon biotope centered around mini carpet anemones and a coldwater tank with just a couple anemones for now...waiting for some strawberry nems to come my way.

Mynameskenny19

Pretty sweet tanks you got there man! But in your coldwater tank, you should get some more life in it!

Just a couple anenomes? Get some gooseneck barnacles, some kelp, maybe a baby kelp greenling at around an inch or less, and some caulerpa too! Now that would be as awesome as your tropical biotope!!! :lol:

Pretty sweet tanks you got there man! But in your coldwater tank, you should get some more life in it!

Just a couple anenomes? Get some gooseneck barnacles, some kelp, maybe a baby kelp greenling at around an inch or less, and some caulerpa too! Now that would be as awesome as your tropical biotope!!! :lol:

:lol: Thanks! I'm working on the coldwater one...I just can't get livestock here very easily. Hopefully the coldwater group buy comes through and it'll start looking better.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...